How is this possible

BluenoseDave72
158 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So im in the UK but yet im matching with players from France

How can it be possible to be matching with players far away rather than players from my own country, how?

I'm just after playing three games. One was spanish and two were French and the 3 games were pathetic play wise. My passing, player movement and my going forward, it was sluggish and slow.

I just about won my first game and now my last 2 i've had to quit because these guys were just waltzing through my team with ease and i can't do nothing about it

I'm not gonna blame the servers for this because this is a normal occurrence when playing players from these countries. Why is this happening. Can something not be implemented so that we know the location of our opponent before playing a game.

It's getting beyond a joke that I just can't play someone a game of FIFA from closer to home rather than somewhere thousands of miles away!

Comments

• RadioShaq
    20214 posts Moderator
    They are supposed to be adding a server in London. The pitch notes explain why your connection might take more hops. Someone posted the distances of eu and you are not that far away compared to the rest of the world and how far servers are.
  • Hoopsterz
    3421 posts National Call-Up
    Gotta feel for the US on this one.. Even if the play some-one in the same state as them it still might be further away than you and your opponent in France.
  • BluenoseDave72
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    They are supposed to be adding a server in London. The pitch notes explain why your connection might take more hops. Someone posted the distances of eu and you are not that far away compared to the rest of the world and how far servers are.

I appreciate the reply

I should have added that I'm not in England though. I'm actually in Northern Ireland, would this server be better for the likes of players like myself in N.I
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional
    Nearest server to you is probably Paris mate.

There is no servers in Portugal or Spain combined, pretty sure they all connect to the Paris one too.

I've blocked connection to Paris entirely and haven't had a laggy game since.
  • TuckedShirt
    180 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    While distance matters in some games, I dont believe thats everything to it.

I just played a guy from my own city in WL.
    We are max 20 km from each other.
    I entered with a 20ms ping, yet gameplay was slow and not responding properly to commands.

Connection in FIFA is simply a farce .
  • gregsii
    1308 posts Professional

I appreciate the reply

I should have added that I'm not in England though. I'm actually in Northern Ireland, would this server be better for the likes of players like myself in N.I

There is a datacentee in Dublin.

I made an article on this a few weeks back.

If you're not connecting to the one in Dublin I can guarantee you're routing to France which means you'll most probably be matching Europeans thousands of miles away, hence the lag.

Only way around it is to block all traffic to datacentres other than Dublin.
  • BluenoseDave72
    gregsii wrote: »
    Nearest server to you is probably Paris mate.

There is no servers in Portugal or Spain combined, pretty sure they all connect to the Paris one too.

I've blocked connection to Paris entirely and haven't had a laggy game since.

How do you do that on PS4 or wherever you do it because this is just too much.
  • BluenoseDave72
    gregsii wrote: »

I appreciate the reply

There is a datacentee in Dublin.

I made an article on this a few weeks back.

If you're not connecting to the one in Dublin I can guarantee you're routing to France which means you'll most probably be matching Europeans thousands of miles away, hence the lag.

Only way around it is to block all traffic to datacentres other than Dublin.

Same as above, how do I do this because i really can't be dealing with this like
  • Jambo1410
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    Buy a netduma and it will let you precisely pick the server that is closest to you
  • garmak
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    So im in the UK but yet im matching with players from France

How can it be possible to be matching with players far away rather than players from my own country, how?

I'm just after playing three games. One was spanish and two were French and the 3 games were pathetic play wise. My passing, player movement and my going forward, it was sluggish and slow.

I just about won my first game and now my last 2 i've had to quit because these guys were just waltzing through my team with ease and i can't do nothing about it

I'm not gonna blame the servers for this because this is a normal occurrence when playing players from these countries. Why is this happening. Can something not be implemented so that we know the location of our opponent before playing a game.

It's getting beyond a joke that I just can't play someone a game of FIFA from closer to home rather than somewhere thousands of miles away!

You could move to Canada and play people from Mexico and the southern US if you're looking to mix it up a little. Some of the games here you can wait three seconds while it freezes and then watch them sprint completely out of control. It's messed up.