StlDucks manager career | Hull City

Comments

• Stlducks
    2230 posts Fans' Favourite
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    With the latest results and injuries, I am reminded of Simon and Garfunkle:

"Slip sliding away, slip sliding away
    You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away"

It is getting scary. We need some positive results soon but luckily the other teams around us in the table suck too so we have not lost ground.
  • Stlducks
    MX0pTZM.png

Hull City shocked Millwall with the first-half explosion on offense scoring three goals in the first 38 minutes. Ryan Tafazolli started the scoring with a powerful header off a routine corner piece in the 15th minute. Norbert Balogh added the second with a fortunate deflection in the 21st minute. Hull City kept the pressure on until Josh Bowler added the third with a tap in on a low cross across the box.

"It was a routine win, something that we have not had in a very long time. Millwall looked to be enjoying the end of their season and ready for the break. I think we just caught them at the right now." Stlducks said after the match. The win moves Hull up to 20th in the table.
  • Stlducks
    FtEHdYi.png
    The biggest match of the season for Hull City comes at Wigan. Both teams on 36 points with three matches remaining. A win for Hull will see them move up to 18th in the table, a loss could see them in the relegation zone.

Both teams are in poor form but both are coming off big wins; Hull over Millwall 3-0 and Wigan over Barnsley 2-0.
  • Stlducks
    HfM5pwE.png

Hull City and Wigan share the points to avoid the relegation zone

A back and forth match that ended in a draw both teams will be happy about as they both fight to survive. Gelhardt scored in the 20th minute for Hull City before Da Silva Lopes responded for Hull in the 37th minute to make it 1-1 at the half.

The second half started fast when Leko scored from outside the box to make it 2-1 Hull City only three minutes into the half. A questionable call gave Wigan a penalty that was converted by Jacobs in the 52nd minute. A low cross near the six-yard box left Burke scrambling to block Jacobs, a bang-bang collision for the ball gave the ref a 50/50 call and he sided with Wigan to award the penalty.

Neither side was able to score in the remaining 30 minutes leaving the managers settled with a point apiece. Wigan stays 18th in the table with 37 points, Hull City stay 20th with 37 points. Barnsley lost to Leeds United leaving them with 34 points in the final relegation position.

Middlesbrough and Luton Town have officially been relegated.
  • WestardLord
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    Things are decidedly not looking good and now it's crunch time at the finish line. I suppose someone in the squad has to show up and help the team avoid a collapse.

I enjoy the graphics, everything looks nice and crisp!
  • JoGR02
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Well it's getting very exciting! A real mixed bag of results there, but it's good you responded to two tough losses vs West Brom and Bristol with a good win against Millwall and a point against Wigan. Barnsley have got a horrible schedule upcoming, so (hopefully) all you need to do is better their results. 3 points vs Luton and dare I say I think it'll be another season in the Championship for Hull.
  • Stlducks
    Things are decidedly not looking good and now it's crunch time at the finish line. I suppose someone in the squad has to show up and help the team avoid a collapse.

I enjoy the graphics, everything looks nice and crisp!

You're right, we need someone to step up and score some big goals in these last few games. Thank you, I am still deciding if I want next season to be one game at a time updates or put 3 games into one update since the Championship has so many games..
    JoGR02 wrote: »
    Well it's getting very exciting! A real mixed bag of results there, but it's good you responded to two tough losses vs West Brom and Bristol with a good win against Millwall and a point against Wigan. Barnsley have got a horrible schedule upcoming, so (hopefully) all you need to do is better their results. 3 points vs Luton and dare I say I think it'll be another season in the Championship for Hull.

It is getting exciting. One of the reasons I enjoy picking a poor team and simulating a large part of the season is for the excitement of relegation. A win over Luton town and we should be safe. The GD is greatly in our favor with Barnsley and we would be 3 points up with 1 to play.
  • Stlducks
    IE5Jwww.png

Two matches remaining but Hull City fans can nearly feel the relief of staying up. A win against the last place, already relegated, Luton Town and the Tigers will be sitting safely with at least a three-point cushion and a six-goal difference better than the last relegated position with one match remaining.

Stlducks is playing the 4-3-3 formation that has worked in recent matches with one defensive midfielder and two attackers in midfield.
  • Stlducks
    mAH8JS3.png
    Hull City let golden opportunity slip through their fingers with a 1-0 home defeat to Luton Town. A win would have given them safety but now they need at least a draw in the season's final match at Cardiff City.

Hull never looked threatening in the match against Luton Town. With everything to play for and the team showed up flat, nobody looked like stepping up to be the hero the Tigers needed.

Luckily for Hull, Barnsley drew and Preston NE lost which means a draw is all Hull needs to stay up. A loss and they will need to hope other results go their way to stay in the Championship.
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nothing like decision day finale to spice things up. A draw should be doable, at least. Wonder if stlducks will go with a more defensive lineup or stay with a 4-3-3. Good luck against Cardiff City.
  • Stlducks
    Nothing like decision day finale to spice things up. A draw should be doable, at least. Wonder if stlducks will go with a more defensive lineup or stay with a 4-3-3. Good luck against Cardiff City.

Decided to forget about playing defense and went all out attack actually. The squad does not have a true RB and my only LB picked up an injury last game so I went 3-5-2 with only 3 CB's and no other defenders on the pitch..
  • Stlducks
    2PDMwlO.png

Hull City are staying up!

Leaving it to the last day, Hull City found a way to stay in the Championship another season. Stlducks asked his team to attack all match and it finally paid off for a big upset. Jonathan Leko started the scoring in the 27th minute intercepting a pass between Cardiff defenders and beating the keeper one on one. James Scott made it 2-0 in the 64th minute tapping in a low cross from Da Silva Lopes. Da Silva added his own goal 10 minutes later to make it 3-0 and started the party in Hull City.
  • Stlducks
    tbkKqYy.png

The final Championship standings, Fulham and Nottingham Forest clinched their spots a week ago. West Brom ended up winning the playoff to earn promotion back into the top flight.
  • Stlducks
    bprVPMK.png
  • Stlducks
    LTRZvDR.png
  • Stlducks
    vaM5x5A.png
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congratulations on saving Hull from relegation. Stlducks has seen a lot of turnover, but now he can build the team to play how he wants. Lot of points to make up for promotion next season. Interested to see how the new team will look and play.
  • Stlducks
    Congratulations on saving Hull from relegation. Stlducks has seen a lot of turnover, but now he can build the team to play how he wants. Lot of points to make up for promotion next season. Interested to see how the new team will look and play.

Thanks, the squad was a mess. I can't believe they let it get that bad in real life but from looking at team news online, the whole club looks like a mess. One of the reasons I picked Hull is because I knew "emptying" the squad would be easy with so many players leaving from loans.
  • Stlducks
    654qCRK.png
    R9lE7Mt.png

Squad
    NbRSXPp.png
    E55hjZi.jpg
  • Stlducks
    edited July 11
    Note - Skysports matches will have video highlights.

biCIcmI.png
  • Virtual_K
    1900 posts Play-Off Hero
    Interesting to see how the formation works out. I imagine Woolery and Bowler will have to do a lot of work. The opportunity for Richardson, Moore, and Bell is certainly there. May the odds forever be in Stlducks favor. :)
  • JoGR02
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Congrats on staying up! Ended the season relatively strongly, hopefully you'll be able to keep that momentum going through the start of the next season.