Your Bruno journey

Comments

• NucksNation
    2173 posts Fans' Favourite
    newguy wrote: »
    Stopped at the 92 because he doesn’t fit my team

If you get the 94, then you have a 92 fodder :)
  • Mogga
    1596 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited July 2
    Mogga wrote: »
    Pretty much given up, as I did with Mendy. Good idea for a challenge but ruined by relegators.

What division are you in? I’m in D5 actually on my highest skill rating of the year. Been as low as D8 which I would honestly say was the hardest league I have been in (crazy saying that).

I’ve not logged on since I competed all the objectives. I’m honestly worried that if I getting relegated, I’ll never get back up with all the relegators. That’s nuts

Division 6 but I can mostly only play peak times mid week when all the bad stuff like delay etc happens. Its been a proper slog these last couple of weeks.

I was in division 5 prior to these challenges coming out. I do have the 89 Mendy and the 91 Bruno and I`ve done some of the Ibra ones by default as well just by playing games.

I can probably get Ibra, think i need another 5 or 6 wins for that and I was going to build a team with bruno, cr7, tots leao and tots nani to help try and do both them two at the same time.

I do find though that once I deviate from my best team (which is still worse than most teams I face) I struggle and then I play more, and then I struggle more and before I know it i`ve been relegated :D

I think I am probably a div 5 player overall so it irritates me that I`m having to play lower than that. I can generally get 14-17 wins on a WL but I have to play a good 25-28 games to do so.

Theres just no easy games anymore, I`ve never met a rubber bander, I dont do messages and I`ve never give a win away. Might try and play some early or late at the weekend as I mostly win them games

Sound like your the same level as me. I’ve been hoovering around D6/D5 all year with the odd awful losing run during Icon swaps because I only ever used really trash teams.

Lucky I managed to smash out mendy in 2-3 days. I’ve wanted that card for months tbh and I get fed up of WL DC’s so i skipped it.

I’m playing this game becusee I want to challenge myself. I don’t care for relegators. I’m trying hard to get to D4 for sense of achievement. If we have nothing to achieve what’s the point in the game? Rewards are pointless without a sense of progression imo. So that’s why I refuse to make it easier for myself. Granted if I get relegated chasing a card then so be it but at least I tried right. That’s my mind set anyway.

I don’t pretend to be good at this game but I’m also trying to learn more even this late into the game. It’s actually made it worthwhile to play. I don’t mind losing as long as I’m getting something from the loss. Getting smashed by a relegator is not fun but I refuse to RQ games and give into taunting. I’m happy at my level and if people want easy matches... well the least I can do is make them sit through them.

I’m G2 in WL. My target is G1 and then I see progression. It’s not massive but it’s a big leap imo. I have a more than stacked team with coins to spare. People msg me and say I’m trash but I really don’t care. I know my level. Shame others don’t have the will power to challenge themselves or at least have targets. What’s the point collecting cards for no reason. You either need them or you want the challenge. I’m the latter.

You e got a while yet so just keep playing and get some wins under your belt. Before you know it, you’ll have half the wins and then you’ll push yourself to finish. Also there are still a few rubber banders knocking about. I got 2 to finish Fernandes. Mendy is worth it!!! Fernandes was a challenge for me. I have RED Tots KDB so I don’t lnow how I’ll fit them both in.

Played 3 tonight. 2 wins 1 loss. Loss was in the 90th minute as well 😭

Chipped a couple off ibra and some of the Portuguese ones for Bruno. Just concentrating on playing the game and trying not to force assists, crosses etc

I don't really do skill moves but I did that one ray posted on the boards the other day, like a heel to heel thing whilst holding r1. It actually worked and I lost the defender and slammed it in 😂 highlight of my night.
  • tommyh10
    879 posts Professional
    Just finished him. All done in division 4. I didnt even know about the 100k pack for getting the 8 wins in div 4 or higher so that was a nice bonus.

Id consider myself an average player. I only get to play 4-5 games a night when the kids have gone to bed. Started him from scratch last Friday so think ive done pretty well to be fair. Id say the 8 wins probably took me about 12-13 games.
  • Staxdoobie
    1919 posts Play-Off Hero

If you get the 94, then you have a 90, 91, 92 AND 94 fodder. Finally got this done today. Don’t even want to think about how many games it took me, but I bet it was well over 40. Sometimes I question my own sanity.
  • RayS
    31065 posts National Team Captain
    Pretty much given up, as I did with Mendy. Good idea for a challenge but ruined by relegators.

What division are you in? I’m in D5 actually on my highest skill rating of the year. Been as low as D8 which I would honestly say was the hardest league I have been in (crazy saying that).

I’ve not logged on since I competed all the objectives. I’m honestly worried that if I getting relegated, I’ll never get back up with all the relegators. That’s nuts

Division 6 but I can mostly only play peak times mid week when all the bad stuff like delay etc happens. Its been a proper slog these last couple of weeks.

I was in division 5 prior to these challenges coming out. I do have the 89 Mendy and the 91 Bruno and I`ve done some of the Ibra ones by default as well just by playing games.

I can probably get Ibra, think i need another 5 or 6 wins for that and I was going to build a team with bruno, cr7, tots leao and tots nani to help try and do both them two at the same time.

I do find though that once I deviate from my best team (which is still worse than most teams I face) I struggle and then I play more, and then I struggle more and before I know it i`ve been relegated :D

I think I am probably a div 5 player overall so it irritates me that I`m having to play lower than that. I can generally get 14-17 wins on a WL but I have to play a good 25-28 games to do so.

Theres just no easy games anymore, I`ve never met a rubber bander, I dont do messages and I`ve never give a win away. Might try and play some early or late at the weekend as I mostly win them games

Sound like your the same level as me. I’ve been hoovering around D6/D5 all year with the odd awful losing run during Icon swaps because I only ever used really trash teams.

Lucky I managed to smash out mendy in 2-3 days. I’ve wanted that card for months tbh and I get fed up of WL DC’s so i skipped it.

I’m playing this game becusee I want to challenge myself. I don’t care for relegators. I’m trying hard to get to D4 for sense of achievement. If we have nothing to achieve what’s the point in the game? Rewards are pointless without a sense of progression imo. So that’s why I refuse to make it easier for myself. Granted if I get relegated chasing a card then so be it but at least I tried right. That’s my mind set anyway.

I don’t pretend to be good at this game but I’m also trying to learn more even this late into the game. It’s actually made it worthwhile to play. I don’t mind losing as long as I’m getting something from the loss. Getting smashed by a relegator is not fun but I refuse to RQ games and give into taunting. I’m happy at my level and if people want easy matches... well the least I can do is make them sit through them.

I’m G2 in WL. My target is G1 and then I see progression. It’s not massive but it’s a big leap imo. I have a more than stacked team with coins to spare. People msg me and say I’m trash but I really don’t care. I know my level. Shame others don’t have the will power to challenge themselves or at least have targets. What’s the point collecting cards for no reason. You either need them or you want the challenge. I’m the latter.

You e got a while yet so just keep playing and get some wins under your belt. Before you know it, you’ll have half the wins and then you’ll push yourself to finish. Also there are still a few rubber banders knocking about. I got 2 to finish Fernandes. Mendy is worth it!!! Fernandes was a challenge for me. I have RED Tots KDB so I don’t lnow how I’ll fit them both in.

Played 3 tonight. 2 wins 1 loss. Loss was in the 90th minute as well 😭

Chipped a couple off ibra and some of the Portuguese ones for Bruno. Just concentrating on playing the game and trying not to force assists, crosses etc

I don't really do skill moves but I did that one ray posted on the boards the other day, like a heel to heel thing whilst holding r1. It actually worked and I lost the defender and slammed it in 😂 highlight of my night.

Awesome! It's a 5* skill. Who'd you pull it off with?
  • RayS
    tommyh10 wrote: »
    Just finished him. All done in division 4. I didnt even know about the 100k pack for getting the 8 wins in div 4 or higher so that was a nice bonus.

Id consider myself an average player. I only get to play 4-5 games a night when the kids have gone to bed. Started him from scratch last Friday so think ive done pretty well to be fair. Id say the 8 wins probably took me about 12-13 games.
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

If you get the 94, then you have a 90, 91, 92 AND 94 fodder. Finally got this done today. Don’t even want to think about how many games it took me, but I bet it was well over 40. Sometimes I question my own sanity.

Good job dudes!

I've now officially missed out on the top 30 of the list. Hopefully I make top 50 :D . Still need to play 6 more games to get 92 Bruno
  • Supermario911
    1684 posts Play-Off Hero
    Completed it mate
  • Staxdoobie
    1919 posts Play-Off Hero
    RayS wrote: »

Good job dudes!

I've now officially missed out on the top 30 of the list. Hopefully I make top 50 :D . Still need to play 6 more games to get 92 Bruno

Woah, didn’t realise there was a league table for this one! Hopefully others complete him soon so I don’t look bottom of the league anymore.
  • limjitwe
    8201 posts League Winner

Good job dudes!

Woah, didn’t realise there was a league table for this one! Hopefully others complete him soon so I don’t look bottom of the league anymore.

Lol. I didn’t know I’m in the top 30 🤣🤪
  • Jonboyparker
    6220 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 2

Good job dudes!

Me neither and I got missed off 😂
  • Stav93
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    4x4 Finisher: 3/3

Premier League Pulse: 8/8

Thread the Needle: 2/2

Magic from Maia: 2/2

Playing for Portugal: 10/10

Bruno Blast: 2/2

Winning Pass: 3/3

Fabulous Fernandes: 8/8

Finally finished him and Mendy simultaneously tonight, so chuffed. Mendy goes into the End Game team and Bruno goes into this lovely wee United number 😁

Screenshot-20200703-020254-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg
  • RayS
    Stav93 wrote: »

Finally finished him and Mendy simultaneously tonight, so chuffed. Mendy goes into the End Game team and Bruno goes into this lovely wee United number 😁

Screenshot-20200703-020254-com-ea-gp-fifaultimate.jpg

Love the United side. Looks pretty competitive too!
  • Mattheos
    1527 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just need the win with a goal objective, 2 wins left.
  • MazerM
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I'm at 11 played now for the 94. Still need 5 g+win and 2 outside the box goals.

Think I need to stop trying to overplay everything though Bruno, chasing the outside the box goals and just nail the wins.
  • NucksNation
    Game feels so dull without having an objective to do now, not gona touch WL with rewards that won’t even make my team
  • KKTHX
    1641 posts Play-Off Hero
    2 wins to go for me, then im done.
  • NucksNation
    MazerM wrote: »
    I'm at 11 played now for the 94. Still need 5 g+win and 2 outside the box goals.

Think I need to stop trying to overplay everything though Bruno, chasing the outside the box goals and just nail the wins.

Don’t focus on the outside the box goals otherwise you won’t get them at all or the wins..
    Once you’re up couple goals start hammering them from top of the circle 18 yards. And get him to an open space
  • Jonboyparker
    6220 posts Big Money Move

Don’t focus on the outside the box goals otherwise you won’t get them at all or the wins..
    Once you’re up couple goals start hammering them from top of the circle 18 yards. And get him to an open space

Yeah do this. And also in games you’re getting smashed in... keep trying. 1 guy let me have it by living his keep on 85 mins. He was winning 8-0 but I kept trying. We had no conversation. I just noticed that he pulled the keeper out. Scored in the 92nd min. I suspect he was a relegator but at least he helped. Also you may still get a rubber bander
  • rickyb316
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Late to this thread. Wish I kept track but used the 92 for some games last WL. Finished him on Tuesday along w Ibra/Kubo. Could have finished quicker but was doing all with the same team.
  • MazerM

Good advice, will hopefully have time for some games later and see how it goes with a more natural flow.
  • RayS
    edited July 3
    This is awful yo. 8 games into Fabulous Fernandes and only 2 wins. I'm not self relegating, but I know why people want to :D think I'll end up down a division anyway if this continues.

Mine. Barely started lol

Rival 5: 5/5

Winning Pass: 2/3

Fabulous Fernandes: 2/8

Total game counter:

Started in:
    D6

Currently in:
    D6
  • MazerM
    Bruno Blast: 0/2

Fabulous Fernandes: 5/8

Think around 15 played on this section now.

6 games yesterday, 2w, 2d, 2l, Bruno scored in each. Switched him ig from cam to str in a 433(4), on stay central, f9 and was much more involved in the final third. All goals inside the box!
  • Tommytour
    687 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Not impressed, 90, 91, 92 and 94 to go into Ribery and tonights winner.
  • limjitwe
    8201 posts League Winner
    So far the 94 hasn’t really impressed me. Pretty sloppy but I mainly using him as a sub for 45 mins for 5 games. 0 goals 0 assists 🤣🤣
  • Allsop
    51 posts Park Captain
    Only need 1 outside the box goal but really struggling to get this. Other players packing the box and all shots getting deflected. I had several go in that I thought were outside the box but didn’t get credit for them. I am assuming that the shot needs to be outside the circle at top of the box as well? Is that circle considered part of the box?
  • RayS
    Allsop wrote: »
    Only need 1 outside the box goal but really struggling to get this. Other players packing the box and all shots getting deflected. I had several go in that I thought were outside the box but didn’t get credit for them. I am assuming that the shot needs to be outside the circle at top of the box as well? Is that circle considered part of the box?

Circle is considered outside the box. I got my second one with a shot right in the circle but just outside the box
  • Allsop
    51 posts Park Captain
    Interesting. I thought so but have had at least 3-4 in that space that went in but didn’t get credit.
  • RayS
    edited July 5
    50 some odd games later and finally have him. That was pretty frustrating lol. I'll admit I ended up rage quitting a few games. Also a few disconnects. Never dropped a division though.

Screenshot-20200704-212004-compress37.jpg

Total game counter:
    50+
  • NucksNation
    50 some odd games later and finally have him. That was pretty frustrating lol. I'll admit I ended up rage quitting a few games. Also a few disconnects. Never dropped a division though.

Total game counter:
    50+

AT LAST, finally!

I feel frustrated with Mbabu now, facing some very good players and getting my A$$ handed to me, I was also tired and couldn’t concentrate
  • RayS

Total game counter:
    50+

AT LAST, finally!

I feel frustrated with Mbabu now, facing some very good players and getting my A$$ handed to me, I was also tired and couldn’t concentrate

I made top 35 of my own list 😂

I know it man. Nothing more infuriating that getting the objective done in a game only to lose it in the last minute. Tests anyone's mental toughness ha