@bateson87 relegated to 10

Comments

• hhoverflow
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    DaMMian wrote: »
    This game is created for competition between players, if someone loses just to get a special card is pathetic loser, in my opinion. What is the satisfaction of winning with someone who is 3-4 leagues below?
    Show that you have balls and unlock players in the league you play in, not in 5-6 leagues below LOL

The game was created for that, but the FUT mode not. FUT MODE is all about addiction and the illusion that you can always make your team better.

Nobody plays that for the fun of the game itself. They do because they are addicted with this sensation of improve something.

EA got those by the balls...
  • Mogga
    1299 posts Professional
    Clearly self relegating should not be done, the only way to do this would be make it slightly easier to compete the objectives in a higher division. So for example you need a certain number of assists depending on what league you are in.

I am in div 4 now which is highest I have ever been, however for the life of me I can't complain the objective players anymore as I am having to focus on not losing. I have played about 30 games and can't complete the kessie objective or the Mendy 93 one.

The division rewards should be more enticing so people don't feel they can self relegate without severely missing out

I am actually amazed that they`ve kept putting them in rivals throughout the year after the hammering theyve took over it all over the internet. It does seem like they purposely do things at times to annoy people :D:(
  • Gazmac_868
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mogga wrote: »
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright I've removed a lot of targeted arguing in here which realistically has no place on the forum. Keep this discussion on topic and civil or the thread will be closed.

Do EA consider self-relegation a problem ?

Don’t be expecting a reply!!
  • Mmandras
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    How does winning an objective card at lower div on less skilled people’s chance feel good at earning?..
    I work 5-6days a week, tired and exhausted but I sit and earn the reward in my div 4/5. It’s horrible and sweaty but I’m not stealing someone else’s happiness. If I do it in lower div, I’m sure someone else is on the other side of the monitor against me that wants to enjoy their game but may not be a match for me or anyone from higher div.

EARN IT.

This is especially important for content creators who have responsibility to influence the young minds and create fun content. But, maybe he want to get the card asap and create relevant content asap before the others? Maybe we don't exactly understand the rules of that game.

I also work like you, and have done almost all objectives in division 6 and 5 that is also my natural division based on the skill. It is not that hard at all.
  • in_necro
    7 posts Ball Boy
    Bateson should be banned simply for promoting this behaviour, in the same way content creators who advertise coin selling should be banned. Do EA care? Surely not, or else they would have done something about this a long time ago. It's so frustrating being in lower divisions and get pummeled by players who are much better at the game.
  • Hammer316
    722 posts Semi-Pro
    I mean relegating yourself to div 2 just shows you suck at the game. I'm div 2 and I have naturally gone down to div 3 since starting the Mendy/ibra/kobu grind. Now I'm down a division it's easier and I'm winning half the time even with weird teams. To drop all the way down shows he has no confidence in his game at all. He's just awful in every way whatever he does.
  • Gazmac_868
    in_necro wrote: »
    Bateson should be banned simply for promoting this behaviour, in the same way content creators who advertise coin selling should be banned. Do EA care? Surely not, or else they would have done something about this a long time ago. It's so frustrating being in lower divisions and get pummeled by players who are much better at the game.

Oh EA has known about this for months but it’s been clearly good for Fifa point sales.
  • munchie63
    3449 posts National Call-Up
    Done it myself tbh and I'm only 6 games away from 92 Bruno. It's been so easy will have him done in no time at this rate.

Everyone else is at it so I'm not willing to sweat it out in higher divisions playing people from divisions above me. If you can't beat them, join them.

well, literally you can't beat them. Hence relegating
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    munchie63 wrote: »
    Done it myself tbh and I'm only 6 games away from 92 Bruno. It's been so easy will have him done in no time at this rate.

Everyone else is at it so I'm not willing to sweat it out in higher divisions playing people from divisions above me. If you can't beat them, join them.

It was more a case that I wanted Bruno fast and easy so used my head. Almost back in 4 now.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4603 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 29

It was more a case that I wanted Bruno fast and easy so used my head. Almost back in 4 now.

I was getting bored relegating earlier so instead of quitting I decided to play the game with the silver, 50 chem team I was relegating with. Division 6 at this point.

Got to half time 1-0 up, having scored with my 50 pace Spanish striker, Nino or something. 58% possession, 7 shots, 6 on target to his 0. He had a full on TOTS side.

Quit at half time, but wow, division 6 is a blast.

Edit: Here it is, what a team. The CM was put into an SBC earlier, but he will be remembered...

sW7uvUV.png
  • Crowie
    1372 posts Professional

I was getting bored relegating earlier so instead of quitting I decided to play the game with the silver, 50 chem team I was relegating with. Division 6 at this point.

Got to half time 1-0 up, having scored with my 50 pace Spanish striker, Nino or something. 58% possession, 7 shots, 6 on target to his 0. He had a full on TOTS side.

Quit at half time, but wow, division 6 is a blast.

Edit: Here it is, what a team. The CM was put into an SBC earlier, but he will be remembered...

sW7uvUV.png

I’ve been 7 and 6 nearly all season. It’s a strange league as there are some teams who give me a total beating and on the other hand I can also hand out the same level of beating. Also a lot of pretty close games. Saying that I’ve done Ibra, Bruno and Mendy all in Div 6.

• Kingy
    2333 posts Fans' Favourite
    I started out in division 3.. I've only lost one game doing Fernandes objectives and now in division 1 for the first time.

Self relegators are pretty weak minded imo. Seems harsh but they don't have the fight for a challenge.. shame really.
  • Neal1982
    1020 posts Professional
    CosmicFuzz wrote: »
    Same old, the people who are relegating trying desperately to justify why they are doing it. I bet they would feel differently if they were a natural Div7/8 player who just played a few games for a bit of fun and to unwind.
    It's the relegaters who are taking the game far too seriously chasing a virtual card that has no value and will have no meaning in a few months time lol

This is me, I can play a few games a day if I am lucky, I am bang average and now If i want to play online its against try hard self relegators desperate for some fodder they wont use.

Tempted to delete my club today.
  • Gazmac_868
    GariverSt wrote: »
    Hmm, the irony is that the relegators will kill off all the casuals players which will eliminate their 'easy' wins.

Regardless of what people say 'it's just a game yada yada' - it's pretty pathetic as an adult to beat up on people so you can get a shiny new card before others. lolz. Absolutely pathetic but I hope it makes up for your other inferiorities.

Yep top 15% have totally ruined it this year for everyone else. They can’t even leave division 10 alone it’s beyond a joke. All this behaviour encouraged by EA!!
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 30
    You're all so confused about all this. If someone said to you, here's a can of Coke and a Snickers, to get them, you can either fight ten 9 year olds one at a time, or you can fight thirty 25 year olds one at a time. You wouldn't choose the 25 year olds.

I'd finish the 8 year olds in no time. Why would I waste my precious time fighting a load of grown men for a measly can of Coke and a Snickers when I can get it done for the same reward in a fraction of the time?

Once my my energy levels are up from the Coke and Snickers, and other delicious treats that I've fought children for, I'll then decide to carry on honing my fighting skills against people my own age.

🧠
  • Gazmac_868
    You're all so confused about all this. If someone said to you, here's a can of Coke and a Snickers, to get them, you can either fight ten 9 year olds one at a time, or you can fight thirty 25 year olds one at a time. You wouldn't choose the 25 year olds.

I'd finish the 8 year olds in no time. Why would I waste my precious time fighting a load of grown men for a measly can of Coke and a Snickers when I can get it done in a fraction of the time?

Once my my energy levels are up from the Coke and Snickers, and other delicious treats that I've fought children for, I'll then decide to carry on honing my fighting skills against people my own age.

🧠

Your a bully then??? Pick on someone your own size never heard off that?
  • SomeNextGuy
    edited June 30
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »

I'd finish the 8 year olds in no time. Why would I waste my precious time fighting a load of grown men for a measly can of Coke and a Snickers when I can get it done in a fraction of the time?

🧠

It's not bullying if you're getting prizes for it. I'm not doing it because I like beating up kids, I'm doing it because I get tasty treats for doing so.

The person offering me treats is to blame, I'm just an innocent hitman.
  • Tuqijuno
    552 posts An Exciting Prospect

🧠

It's not bullying if you're getting prizes for it. I'm not doing it because I like beating up kids, I'm doing it because I get tasty treats for doing so.

So you're ready to beat 9 year olds to get a coke and a snickers AND blame others for the beating? :joy:
  • SomeNextGuy
    Tuqijuno wrote: »

🧠

So you're ready to beat 9 year olds to get a coke and a snickers AND blame others for the beating? :joy:

No, not just those things, I'd do it for other stuff too. Ten twelve year olds for a used DVD player and a packet of crisps? Sure.

• Tuqijuno
    552 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 30
    Tuqijuno wrote: »

🧠

No, not just those things, I'd do it for other stuff too. Ten twelve year olds for a used DVD player and a packet of crisps? Sure.

Okay I'll contact you if I have some preteens who annoy me.
  • I only got the game last month as it was 8.99 on psn, I've been on a fifa break since 2018.. I literally could not understand how div 10 could be so difficult 😂 now I know why.. Also explains why I started winning all my games at div 8 and higher
  • tommyh10
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    Im currently in Div 4. Have been for quite some time. Id consider myself an average player (gold 3).

Decided to have a bash at Bruno objectives over the weekend. I didnt relegate myself because 1) I wanted the challenge of doing it where I naturally sit in terms of skill and 2) I genuinely could not be bothered to relegate myself even if I wanted to. Seems a waste of time to me.

Anyway im 1 objective away and I havnt found it that difficult to be honest. Unless I sit the the absolute sweet spot of the division hierarchy (too high for the better players who have relegated themselves and too low for the better players who havnt) for me it begs the question if relegating yourself is even worth it?
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

I'd finish the 8 year olds in no time. Why would I waste my precious time fighting a load of grown men for a measly can of Coke and a Snickers when I can get it done for the same reward in a fraction of the time?

🧠

@SomeNextGuy Mate I love this analogy. You will be getting some bites with this one alright 🤣🤣
    Hmm, the irony is that the relegators will kill off all the casuals players which will eliminate their 'easy' wins.

Regardless of what people say 'it's just a game yada yada' - it's pretty pathetic as an adult to beat up on people so you can get a shiny new card before others. lolz. Absolutely pathetic but I hope it makes up for your other inferiorities.

And we have another wannabe psychologist on the forums 🤣
  • tommyh10
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    I do get why people do it. End of the day FUT is not a football game, its a card collecting game. Players are just like pokemon cards, 'gotta catch em all'

I guess self relegating is kinda similar to back in the day when I convinced a younger kid to sell me his shiny Haunter on the cheap because it had 'low HP'.

Sorry if youre reading this
  • Hoopsterz
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    Easiest way to get rid of these self religation people is to stop playing the game..

Its a pile of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ anyway and on a game this bad these people are still needing to self religate, then they are just not very good in the first place.
  • JPRM71
    3052 posts National Call-Up

🧠

Disturbing analogy 🤣
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    NinthFall wrote: »

🧠

@SomeNextGuy Mate I love this analogy. You will be getting some bites with this one alright 🤣🤣

And we have another wannabe psychologist on the forums 🤣

At first I didnt mind, but you've become so annoying lately here. Never seen a hypocrite defend his actions so much and use emojis like a teenager

Hypocrite? Nah I've just been honest and done things the smart way.

Oh and here's a few more.....

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😎😎😎😎😂😂😂👍👍👍👍
  • Ballerson
    463 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BuZuS wrote: »
    It tells absolutely nothing about your character, it's a video game where pretty much everyone is doing it. It's really not that deep 🤣🤣
    It's interaction with other humans, which tells absolutely tons about your character. Even your "pretty much everyone is doing it" tells a lot about your character.

But it really doesn't. It's just a video game 🤣🤣

That’s like saying its just working in 7/11 or at Motel 6 reception...(Not that there is anything wrong with it)