@bateson87 relegated to 10

Comments

• Gazmac_868
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA encourage this selfish behaviour. The more toxic the game is the better for them. They want everyone raging your more likely to buy Fifa points when ur angry. They want you to take the easy way out to improve your team. They have it mastered at this stage everything they do or release is to encourage Fifa point sales. Billion pound worth of sales. No action will of course be taken against Bateson as he is one of their top sales men. He has no qualms about getting kids into gambling so I wouldn’t think he’s too bothered about relegating himself.
  • Arron xox
    3533 posts National Call-Up
    Gazmac_868 wrote: »
    EA encourage this selfish behaviour. The more toxic the game is the better for them. They want everyone raging your more likely to buy Fifa points when ur angry. They want you to take the easy way out to improve your team. They have it mastered at this stage everything they do or release is to encourage Fifa point sales. Billion pound worth of sales. No action will of course be taken against Bateson as he is one of their top sales men. He has no qualms about getting kids into gambling so I wouldn’t think he’s too bothered about relegating himself.

How are you more likely to buy fifa points when you angry. Your more likely to turn the game off
  • Mogga
    1299 posts Professional
    I`m disapointed in bateson tbh, I quite like him, I find his videos entertaining.

❤️❤️❤️❤️ move going down to div 10 though
  • Denz
    2778 posts Fans' Favourite
    Theres no benefit or prestige in being div 1 these days.

Personally I can't be bothered the grind to relegate that much and then to be grinding for these cards, if it was my job though then yes why not. Its just an objective mode anyway.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4605 posts National Call-Up
    Outrageous, I'm outraged.
  • SuperKMx
    1782 posts Play-Off Hero
    Arron xox wrote: »

How are you more likely to buy fifa points when you angry. Your more likely to turn the game off

You might be, but others aren't.

It isn't about making somebody absolutely raging angry. It's about getting people at a certain level of anger. Not content, but also not angry enough to throw the controller across the room. The entire games industry has teams of psychologists working on how to best get people into "potential purchaser" territory, and this is one of the easiest methods.

And don't forget the tens of thousands of new players who pick up FIFA 20 every week, even now. Look at how many of them post something like "I just bought the game and my team is rated 82 and I'm getting beaten 9-0 in Division 9. How do I even compete?" What do you think a certain percentage of those people then go and do?

I'd wager that EA are absolutely LOVING that better players are relegating, because it helps to drive the frustration of casual and new players who are more likely to spend.
  • Gazmac_868
    116 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SuperKMx wrote: »

It isn't about making somebody absolutely raging angry. It's about getting people at a certain level of anger. Not content, but also not angry enough to throw the controller across the room. The entire games industry has teams of psychologists working on how to best get people into "potential purchaser" territory, and this is one of the easiest methods.

And don't forget the tens of thousands of new players who pick up FIFA 20 every week, even now. Look at how many of them post something like "I just bought the game and my team is rated 82 and I'm getting beaten 9-0 in Division 9. How do I even compete?" What do you think a certain percentage of those people then go and do?

I'd wager that EA are absolutely LOVING that better players are relegating, because it helps to drive the frustration of casual and new players who are more likely to spend.

This is it 100% EA will see fut 20 as a massive success. These objectives have been excellent for Fifa point sales. They have it down to a T. Kids queuing up to buy Fifa points.
  • what3v3r
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    this is technically against TOS. EA won't do anything of course. Maybe some people now understand why we complained so much on the way they handled Kurt's situation.
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    what3v3r wrote: »
    this is technically against TOS. EA won't do anything of course. Maybe some people now understand why we complained so much on the way they handled Kurt's situation.

Exactly.
  • tommyh10
    864 posts Semi-Pro
    what3v3r wrote: »

This. I dont neccessarily have a problem with people doing it and I can see why people do it. The thing I take issue with is that it is against ToS and EA are very inconsistant with dealing with ToS bans. You cant cherry pick who you ban based on popularity. If you break ToS you should be held accountable. Period.

Screenshot-20200625-105435-Chrome.jpg
  • ILevis
    1280 posts Professional
    Imagine EA just go and ban this guy for relegating down to DIV 10. Would be hilarious considering he spent thousands of coins on his pay2win team
  • CustardHippo
    2863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its difficult. I can see why people do it, and I can see why people hate it.

By putting all these objectives in to Rivals, which is the main daily competitive game mode w/ ranking system, you actively encourage people to self relegate or cut corners to obtain the cards in the quickest way possible. And, at the end of the day, we do all want the shiny new special cards especially when they look as good as Mendy/Fernandes.

But at the same time, by relegating to get easier games and complete the objectives faster, you make for a truly miserable experience for those players who are genuinely in the lower divisions that may only play more casually, be less skilled etc. I log in to have a couple of games in the evening, and I get 3 people quit before or on kick off which uses up 33 contracts, and then the game I do get, I go 1-0 up and the guy leaves. The people in the lower divisions, believe it or not, may still want to try the objectives and get the cards as well. By relegating, especially the sheer number that have seemingly done so this time, it becomes incredibly hard for the people genuinely in those lower reaches.

It is a forum dividing topic, EA literally have no clue how to handle it (those 100k packs for doing the last segments in Div 4+ are hardly keeping people from relegating) and every time it gets discussed it descends in to chaos.
  • Eooan
    914 posts Professional
    Surely a way to change this would be to update division rankings weekly?
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Eooan wrote: »
    Surely a way to change this would be to update division rankings weekly?

This was suggested by many forumers back in September/October when icon swaps first came out and the EA staff on here clearly did hee haw with our feedback.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3000 posts National Call-Up
    Lot of salt in this thread
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    BuZuS wrote: »
    It tells absolutely nothing about your character, it's a video game where pretty much everyone is doing it. It's really not that deep 🤣🤣
    It's interaction with other humans, which tells absolutely tons about your character. Even your "pretty much everyone is doing it" tells a lot about your character.

But it really doesn't. It's just a video game 🤣🤣
  • BuZuS
    992 posts Professional
    It really does. There's entire subfields of behavioral science dedicated to analyse play behavior, including behavior in video games. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0747563215002460
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    NinthFall wrote: »
    It tells absolutely nothing about your character, it's a video game where pretty much everyone is doing it. It's really not that deep 🤣🤣
    It's interaction with other humans, which tells absolutely tons about your character. Even your "pretty much everyone is doing it" tells a lot about your character.

I don't think you understand. Everyhting you do tells about your character, even your reply on this forum. It's just a game, but you're not a robot playing the game are you. Why you do what you do is what makes you you

I stayed in Div 4 all year doing Icon swaps as I felt it was the right thing to do. But it got to a stage last week where I was only being matched against elite players in Div 4 so I had to goto 6 just to play people on my level. Every game even in 6 was a sweat fest.

So think what you want but you don't know me at all nor do I care what you think. EA have made the game this way so I'm taking advantage now like everyone has been doing all year. Do I feel guilty? Not in the slightest.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    It really does. There's entire subfields of behavioral science dedicated to analyse play behavior, including behavior in video games. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0747563215002460

🤣🤣🤣
  • Empyrium7
    3659 posts National Call-Up
    Inception has relegated too. Thing is he had the audacity to complain about matches not ending if you're winning by 7 goals. Like fr u relegated down there if your opponent wants to play / learn / just waste your ducking time because you're in a division you don't belong to, then they're more than entitled to do so.

Personally, I understand the relegation, but do not respect people who do it. Essentially they're addicted people who want everything on easy mode. I can understand that because you're getting good value cards for free. And I can understand why it's blamed on EA.

But in the end, it just shows what kind of a community we have and how each of us contribute to the community with our actions. I think it tells something about your character.

Inception is one of the most toxic players I've seen.
    all he does is abuse broken mechanics, score the same goals over and over
    and keep complaining about the stuff he does every match when his opponent does them

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    People take this game way too seriously 🤣🤣
  • NornIron
    13703 posts Has That Special Something
    We all know Bateson is an outstanding member of the fifa community a real role model.

• LiTTl3_King15
    479 posts Sunday League Hero
    Inception has relegated too. Thing is he had the audacity to complain about matches not ending if you're winning by 7 goals. Like fr u relegated down there if your opponent wants to play / learn / just waste your ducking time because you're in a division you don't belong to, then they're more than entitled to do so.

Personally, I understand the relegation, but do not respect people who do it. Essentially they're addicted people who want everything on easy mode. I can understand that because you're getting good value cards for free. And I can understand why it's blamed on EA.

But in the end, it just shows what kind of a community we have and how each of us contribute to the community with our actions. I think it tells something about your character.

Actually it does kind of show that people always want the easy way out and aren't willing to work or try hard for what they want.
  • LiTTl3_King15
    479 posts Sunday League Hero
    SuperKMx wrote: »

Yea it's going to hurt the community overall I agree with that, you tubers were complaining because they felt it should automatically forfeit people after they were up 7-0 because it's a waste of their time to play it all. Like wtf is wrong with people you wouldn't have to deal with that if you didn't purposely stick yourself in div 10 for easy rewards. This game is run by you tubers and pros, EA only ever caters to them because they want fifa to be an e sport.
  • Voodoo_Monkey
    402 posts Sunday League Hero

Actually it does kind of show that people always want the easy way out and aren't willing to work or try hard for what they want.

Spot on! Sad but true.

This game gets the community it deserves.