Mendy appreciation thread

OZero
6770 posts Big Money Move
edited June 24
I think this guy / EA deserves a thread for appreciation.

Yes the grinding is a torture. I admit it. I keep on swearing these few days.

But once I got the 93 version I know the grinding was worth it. Or I should say it should be difficult to get.

The 89 ver is an end game LB. Invincible, great at attacking and build up plays, great links. Can start for any team. 22 matches without win required is more than fair.

But what shocked me is the 93 ver. As recommended by my friend, I put a deadeye and play him as ST. Okay after a few matches I know it’s simply broken. In short, it’s a slightly inferior ver of BDay Mbappe. He can do it all, with ridiculous pace and strength. The 5* combo together with deadeye boost allows Mendy to bang in both top corners with ease after elastico. It’s the best ever “free” card given to the community hands down.

In other words I am glad that it takes a lot of time to grind the 93 ver, because everyone will sooner to later start him as their end game ST.

Great work EA. For all your faults throughout the year, this Mendy is something you should be credited.
Post edited by OZero on

Comments

• The king
    421 posts An Exciting Prospect
    As ST?! no thanks I have 99 CR7 and 98 Mbappe! who needs an LB as ST?!

• limjitwe
    8012 posts League Winner
    edited June 24
    👏

I admit he’s definitely a brilliant card. So versatile.

Swap position with SS Marcelo?
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    2985 posts National Call-Up
    I'll try him at CM.
  • OZero
    edited June 24
    As ST?! no thanks I have 99 CR7 and 98 Mbappe! who needs an LB as ST?!

I am serious. 93 Mendy is better then the two you mentioned. That’s how ridiculous the card is.

FYI I got both 99 CR7 and 98 Mbappe.
  • OZero
    limjitwe wrote: »
    👏

I admit he’s definitely a brilliant card. So versatile.

Swap position with SS Marcelo?

Kimmich (with stay back + shadow)
    I need a strong link with Perisic too. Great fit.
  • Blade19
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I mean it's an incredible card but this guy now has 5 special cards on fifa....why?
    Hes been rewarded which cards which are so meta/OP for having a below average season, it's ridiculous when you have other players out there putting in big performances all season and not having one special card.
  • TTGM
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 24
    Probably the best LB I've ever had. It's like having a fast agile Viera at full back
  • SomeNextGuy
    4597 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think I'll be playing him up front. He'd certainly do the job, but I think I'd rather have him elsewhere to make use of his many other attributes.
  • YidArmy
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    Blade19 wrote: »
    I mean it's an incredible card but this guy now has 5 special cards on fifa....why?
    Hes been rewarded which cards which are so meta/OP for having a below average season, it's ridiculous when you have other players out there putting in big performances all season and not having one special card.

You must realise by now that EA have given up on any real world Football content. They pick up on what cards people like and then gradually juice them up throughout the year so people keep wanting the next version...
  • ScootEvil30
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I used his 89 at LF in a 3421 and he was immense. Just popped the 93 and he will be doing the same. Him and Nani on the left side are so fun to use.
  • aladdin
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    i’m on the 89 atm and he’s amazing as a striker. a really fun card for sure
  • roc2606
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Where to use the 93? As LM or CDM I’m 352? Seems wasted at Lb
  • greif44
    3534 posts National Call-Up
    85 already feels like end-game LB. I haven't completed him any further and will stop at 89.
  • Chavez76
    5973 posts Big Money Move
    roc2606 wrote: »
    Where to use the 93? As LM or CDM I’m 352? Seems wasted at Lb

currently using his 89 asLM. He is class. I didnt the 2 objectives from the 87 to score from outside the box and need 2 more crosses with him to unlock the 93.
  • aladdin
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    he’s fantastic tbf. in fact the bruno cards and ibra one have been the best cards of the year for me
  • hiya
    1717 posts Play-Off Hero
    YidArmy wrote: »
    Blade19 wrote: »

You must realise by now that EA have given up on any real world Football content. They pick up on what cards people like and then gradually juice them up throughout the year so people keep wanting the next version...

this is true...but what i dont get is its actually EA that make the cards lol
    why dont they just make good players 'OP' ?

i'm sure they could tinker with things after the fact.
  • nicitel32
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    attacking lb it is
  • Retropoe82
    1303 posts Professional
    He's not bad in truth, passing long can be hit an miss. An the first touch i feels a little heavy other then that he bullies rw's for fun
  • SomeNextGuy
    4597 posts National Call-Up
    I play him at right back and the only annoying thing is that whenever you want to play a ball down the line he'll hit it with the outside of his left foot, despite having 5* weak foot...