I finally got Elite 3 (23-4) with the 451 (Tactic, instructions, gameplay)

IamFrench
1798 posts Play-Off Hero
edited June 22
Hey!

Small message to introduce you to a formation that has great potential and that can make the game fun.
I got Elite 3 (23-4) and having beaten some good players this weekend... but above all, the fun was present.
EbDwAdxX0AAyQay.jpg

The most important players are the MC and CB, they must be very fast. When the opponent has the ball, we literally have 5 players who are aggressive (LM/CAM/CM/RM/ST) because we play with "Press after possession loss". It is very effective, but risky. Therefore, having fast players in CM (Henderson, Phillips, TOTS KDB, Vieira, etc) / CB (White, Ramos, Varane, Van Dijk, Gomez etc) is essential.

This formation shows the full potential of your players in defence, every successful tackle is satisfactory.

In CAM, I really like players like TOTY Kanté, TOTY/TOTS KDB, TOTS Ignacio Fernandez, Gullit etc. Very complete midfielders but you can play with Neymar, Mbappé, Sancho, etc without problem.

Team/instructions/custom tactic:
EbDx20uXkAEtre5.jpg

Gameplay:
1) Some goals of this weekend:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1275014810560868352/pu/vid/1280x720/2wqHy80wfyql1Ib9.mp4?tag=10

2) Theses opponents was not very good, but the video shows the full potential of this formation. Lots of variety.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1243253144206835713/pu/vid/1280x720/8Nn9tejMKD2xc_oh.mp4?tag=10
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1228349846840627201/pu/vid/1280x720/hS-UNr6MImsZh_CG.mp4?tag=10

3) The 451 is the only formation where I am happy to be able to score a beautiful goal
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1262421468551528450/pu/vid/1280x720/NwBCxjpus_cB6qiL.mp4?tag=10

I wish you good luck and have fun!

Comments

• Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Noice. Bookmarked this gem
  • AznSW
    1782 posts Fans' Favourite
    I tried this formation but for some reason my LM always switch position with my LCAM and my RM always switch position with my RCAM. Do you not have this problem?
  • IamFrench
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    AznSW wrote: »
    I tried this formation but for some reason my LM always switch position with my LCAM and my RM always switch position with my RCAM. Do you not have this problem?

Some people have this problem, but to be honest I don't know... I've never had this problem. Perhaps it's the instructions, like as the CAM 41212(2)
  • EisenErmin
    9242 posts League Winner
    @IamFrench

Thanks for posting. Going to try it for sure. I had the issue with players switching positions too when I tried the formation
  • gregsii
    999 posts Professional
    edited June 22
    @IamFrench
    How you got 14 million coins without ever hitting elite before?
    Are you a really good trader? If so, teach me.
  • sturges12345
    4070 posts National Call-Up
    451 is pants because cams play like wingers. It's literally bugged
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    AznSW wrote: »

This is why I can’t play 451. Tried it and my CAMs spent more time out wide then my wide players and vice versa, maybe it’s been fixed now?
  • Delboy13710
    7811 posts League Winner
    I love the concept of this formation but it's always been bugged for me . RM / RAM just stand there holding hands , then end up switching positions.

Maybe it's my instructions , I'll give it a spin as I'm all for attacking formations .
  • DeanoZoff
    4729 posts National Call-Up
    You should get elite really though frenchy...

You have a team worth about 30 million coins and spam the same "meta" things all game.

Well done though.
  • IamFrench
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

You have a team worth about 30 million coins and spam the same "meta" things all game.

Well done though.

bf9b4f80a9127371a633f7d0b2ae2316.png

You have all the videos about my gameplay.
  • Ballerson
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks for sharing! I’ll check it out.
  • EisenErmin
    9242 posts League Winner
    @IamFrench

Tried it with a stacked team, but it did not work at all. Which is sad as the 451 was my favorite last year and the one that gave me best results (20-22 wins, but never Elite)
  • DeanoZoff
    4729 posts National Call-Up
    IamFrench wrote: »

Well done though.

Dont need them when i had the pleasure of playing against you before
  • Arsenalman
    1176 posts Professional
    Nice goals mate looks like a good passing game, didn’t see any abuse of drag backs and such
  • gregsii
    999 posts Professional
    gregsii wrote: »
    @IamFrench

?
  • BC_United
    1133 posts Professional
    edited June 23
    @IamFrench glad to have read your post as I was trying to change to the following 451 team this past WL (as a way to fit everyone in the following team)

AG0aWxi.png

but after first 6 games i was at 1-5 so i switched back to my original team below

zOkz5de.jpg

and i finished at 11 wins with 6 games to spare

i think the main reasons that i was having more success with the 2nd team one rate 1st team were:
    1. i have a more solid midfield (TOTS KDB, TOTY Kante, TOTY FDJ)
    2. like some said, with the 451 Zanetti was drifting wide and Messi and Neymar were thinking that they were CDMs

so my question to you is:

1. do you think my 451 team above would work with your tactics?

2. would you pick TOTS KDB or TOTY Kante to start at the CM spot? (due to chem reasons i can start both of them so will have to pick one and sub the other one in later on). I noticed that you have Philips there so maybe it's better to have a CDM at the CM spot and a B2B at one of the CAM spots? I do wanna start with KDB as he's more rounded but Kante is just much more effective with defending

3. Is this your starting formation, or do you use it when you're behind/ahead?
  • newguy
    2080 posts Fans' Favourite
    BC_United wrote: »
    @IamFrench glad to have read your post as I was trying to change to the following 451 team this past WL (as a way to fit everyone in the following team)

AG0aWxi.png

but after first 6 games i was at 1-5 so i switched back to my original team below

zOkz5de.jpg

i think the main reasons that i was having more success with the 2nd team one rate 1st team were:
    2. like some said, with the 451 Zanetti was drifting wide and Messi and Neymar were thinking that they were CDMs

2. would you pick TOTS KDB or TOTY Kante to start at the CM spot? (due to chem reasons i can start both of them so will have to pick one and sub the other one in later on). I noticed that you have Philips there so maybe it's better to have a CDM at the CM spot and a B2B at one of the CAM spots? I do wanna start with KDB as he's more rounded but Kante is just much more effective with defending

@BC_United first team looks way better imo, just switch Zanetti and KDB in game
  • gregsii
    999 posts Professional
    @BC_United
    How do you have this team if you can barely scrape 11 wins?

Are people just full on credit card FC in these forums?

Am I literally the only person here who doesn't spend tonnes on FP?
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    edited June 23

Well done though.

200-4.gif.
  • IamFrench
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    @IamFrench

I got elite several times in 4231, but this is the first time with the 451. I've never spent €1 on FIFA since FIFA12.

Well done though.

These are just words, I posted different videos of my gameplay. This weekend I didn't play with my main team but a team with Rooney.

AG0aWxi.png

zOkz5de.jpg

Zanetti RB ; Trent CM ; KDB CAM. I've played a lot of times with Trent CM in this formation, excellent! Zanetti is my favorite RB this year so yes, your team is good for the 451.

PS: TOTY Kanté in CAM 451 = Monster.

I play 451 from the first to the last minute except in some hard matches, I play in 4231 in the last minutes for more solidity
  • BC_United
    1133 posts Professional
    newguy wrote: »

AG0aWxi.png

zOkz5de.jpg

@BC_United first team looks way better imo, just switch Zanetti and KDB in game

would the 1st team still work without switching Zanetti and KDB? i'm only using this as my starting formation to get everyone on full chem but don't want to waste an extra tactic or pause in-game to switch those 2 players
  • BC_United
    1133 posts Professional
    @BC_United
    How do you have this team if you can barely scrape 11 wins?

Are people just full on credit card FC in these forums?

Am I literally the only person here who doesn't spend tonnes on FP?

I buy FPs because i'm 40 and have a kid so no time to grind/trade but have some spare cash to help me build a team that I like to play with
  • BC_United
    1133 posts Professional
    @IamFrench

I got elite several times in 4231, but this is the first time with the 451. I've never spent €1 on FIFA since FIFA12.

Well done though.

These are just words, I posted different videos of my gameplay. This weekend I didn't play with my main team but a team with Rooney.

AG0aWxi.png

zOkz5de.jpg

Zanetti RB ; Trent CM ; KDB CAM. I've played a lot of times with Trent CM in this formation, excellent! Zanetti is my favorite RB this year so yes, your team is good for the 451.

PS: TOTY Kanté in CAM 451 = Monster.

I play 451 from the first to the last minute except in some hard matches, I play in 4231 in the last minutes for more solidity

I do want to have 4 other formations to switch to depending on how things go during the game and this would be my starting formation to get everyone on full chem, is there anyway to play in this formation without changing players in game (i.e. play with players in their starting position)? Would Zanetti be odd at RCAM even with come back on defence? Should I not have him get into the box?

Would you still start KDB over Kante at CM?
  • IamFrench
    1798 posts Play-Off Hero
    With your team:

Zanetti RB
    Trent CM
    KDB CAM
  • notowins
    64 posts Park Captain
    @IamFrench dude! Loved your work on Futhead and Futbin back in the day.

Also going to give this formation a try. Cheers.