How's prime Matthaus?

WelshXavi
1199 posts Professional
Anyone use him? If so, CM or CDM? Packed him in the prime pack and see he's a million coin player. Does he have that icon trait of playing better than his stats?

Comments

• URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    WelshXavi wrote: »
    Anyone use him? If so, CM or CDM? Packed him in the prime pack and see he's a million coin player. Does he have that icon trait of playing better than his stats?

He belongs to the group of icons that play way better than the stats in game.

I have a 13 million starting 11, 3 million bench, plus many TOTS cards that discarded in the club, however, I'm still playing Mid Matthaus at 7 chem as CB. He is a pure god at defending. The jockey and movement feel like 95+ agility and balance. The tackle feels like Kante. The 75 strength is absolutely fake as he can even push away 90+ strength TOTS strikers.

The prime version is only going to be better compared to the mid version I'm using. You are really lucky bro.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    I packed him in my prime pack from icon swaps. Not made it into my squad since before tots
  • TDOF
    8998 posts League Winner
    clunky
  • Swanz05
    6065 posts Big Money Move
    Don't think he's great at this point either sorry man.
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Bit heavy but he still does the job. Plays above his stats and bullies midfielders.

Depends where you aim to finish in WL I guess. For us gold players hes great.
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I did one, got zambrota. Maybe good 3 months ago but he is worse than TAA in all but volleys and +3 strength... so don't think I'll even use him. Maybe a sub

There's maybe 8 or 9 primes tops of have in my team, Matthaus is one I would give a run out at least. Not going to do another
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    Bit heavy but he still does the job. Plays above his stats and bullies midfielders.

First few games and this feels pretty spot on. What I really like so far is he's very involved in the game and is a super defender. Prefer him to 96 Modric so far!
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    URBirdman wrote: »

He belongs to the group of icons that play way better than the stats in game.

I have a 13 million starting 11, 3 million bench, plus many TOTS cards that discarded in the club, however, I'm still playing Mid Matthaus at 7 chem as CB. He is a pure god at defending. The jockey and movement feel like 95+ agility and balance. The tackle feels like Kante. The 75 strength is absolutely fake as he can even push away 90+ strength TOTS strikers.

The prime version is only going to be better compared to the mid version I'm using. You are really lucky bro.

Thanks bro. Seems great so far!
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    Thanks for all the information! Seems quite clunky but a solid cdm that is very involved in the game!
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    I've been using him and he's absolutely phenomenal. Better than Ndombele, Totssf Kimmich, Totssf Henderson and any other cdm I've used in game. He just intercepts everything and he's always in the right place. Won't be leaving my team for a long time!
  • Hammer316
    4079 posts National Call-Up
    I pulled him from the sbc and he's great. I was worried he would feel lacking as I've used his PIM loads and there's barely any difference. He must be a nightmare to play against, you don't see him much which is really strange as well.
  • aladdin
    3409 posts National Call-Up
    he’s amazing. i luckily got him in the prime pack with swaps ages ago. he can literally play anywhere. proper class
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    I've been using him and he's absolutely phenomenal. Better than Ndombele, Totssf Kimmich, Totssf Henderson and any other cdm I've used in game. He just intercepts everything and he's always in the right place. Won't be leaving my team for a long time!

He’s great without the ball. Interceptions, tackles, great runs, but when he gets the ball.... the problems start. for me Kimmich is better in ever way. It’s great you got a player that you enjoy though, he’s definitely a one of the better pulls