Black Lives Matter on the back of the shirt

Howler19
697 posts An Exciting Prospect
First of all. I think BLM at its heart is a great cause and I completely agree that abuse of black people should be stopped. Period. This is not a post to discuss any of the political aspects of this whatsoever.

The thing is I just started a career mode and now Premier League players are playing with Black Lives Matter on the back of their shirt instead of their name. I want the players name on the back of their shirt in my game. Can I get that somehow? Or do I have to wait for a squad update which resets player names on the back and start a new career mode when that is available?

Comments

• Pwalie86
    1495 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do they take the knee before the whistle is blown? If not, then typical of EA to not do things properly.
  • kamon310
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I'm afraid you'd have to wait. I myself am waiting to start a career mode. Showing your voice against racism is fine, but EA shouldn't have made this an inconvenience. We don't even know when they'll turn it back.
  • kamon310
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 19
    I got a work around actually, not sure if this is a bug or what. Try going to customization>edit teams>reset all squads. Then go and start a new career. When you get the option, choose current squad instead of download new update.
  • BenjiA
    60 posts Park Captain
    kamon310 wrote: »
    I got a work around actually, not sure if this is a bug or what. Try going to customization>edit teams>reset all squads. Then go and start a new career. When you get the option, choose current squad instead of download new update.

That then would reset all the teams to the original save file when FIFA 20 first come out, will be no January transfers there etc.
  • Bluemoon2393
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 25
    Players started wearing their names on the back off their shirts from yesterday. The names on the back off the shirts are now are now back on. Just Update the Squads to get it back.
    Post edited by Bluemoon2393 on
  • anyone knows when ea gonna remove the black lives matter from players back shirts and player indicator, its really annoying trying to play career mode in premier league atm, classic ea, they do little details like this to show that they are cool and stuff, but actually dont do it properly, they should have remove it after this monday when the campaign in PL ended after last match
  • Bluemoon2393
    anyone knows when ea gonna remove the black lives matter from players back shirts and player indicator, its really annoying trying to play career mode in premier league atm, classic ea, they do little details like this to show that they are cool and stuff, but actually dont do it properly, they should have remove it after this monday when the campaign in PL ended after last match

You might have to restart Career Mode again. Download latest squads and you should get the players names back.
  • Howler19
    anyone knows when ea gonna remove the black lives matter from players back shirts and player indicator, its really annoying trying to play career mode in premier league atm, classic ea, they do little details like this to show that they are cool and stuff, but actually dont do it properly, they should have remove it after this monday when the campaign in PL ended after last match

You might have to restart Career Mode again. Download latest squads and you should get the players names back.

Will do this now. I thought this was the case. Too bad because I played a good few hours before I realized what had happened. Weak stuff from EA but I realize they stopped caring about what their implementations does to career mode a long time ago.
  • Bluemoon2393
    Howler19 wrote: »

Will do this now. I thought this was the case. Too bad because I played a good few hours before I realized what had happened. Weak stuff from EA but I realize they stopped caring about what their implementations does to career mode a long time ago.

When they update the promoted premier league teams. The updated face scans aren't registered on the current career mode. You have to restart career mode just to get them.

EA need to start updating the players even when you start a career mode.
  • Howler19
    edited June 29
    Howler19 wrote: »

When they update the promoted premier league teams. The updated face scans aren't registered on the current career mode. You have to restart career mode just to get them.

EA need to start updating the players even when you start a career mode.

Yeah I know. They need to separate all these graphics from the squad updates. It's been a problem area in FIFA for years and many of us have been vocal about it here, but they just don't care.