And so it begins...

Vaaass
3047 posts National Call-Up
The 3 months leading upto FIFA 21 where there's not a lot of money left to be made, is the time where EA decide to be "generous" with SBCs, rewards and pack weights, all in an attempt to try and get people to forget the prior 8 months of pure ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Hope none of you fall for it!

Comments

• SJR440
    9308 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 2020
    Nope, this is definitely my last.

It's a "thanks, but no thanks" to FIFA 21 Ultimate Team this year and I'll just reap the rewards of this new promo whilst the game is still alive.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    “Generous” with pack weights??? Look at what people are getting in their ultimate packs 🤢🤢 it’s worse then ever
  • Jordy91
    268 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not too sure why pack weights are so low this time round. I remember this time last yeat openeing packs and it was full of specials. Most only sold for min BIN but it was fun
  • Vaaass
    3047 posts National Call-Up
    Just thought I'd revive this and say... I told you so :D
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    Happens every year and every year we continue to play
  • Radb
    78 posts Park Captain
    Vaaass wrote: »
    The 3 months leading upto FIFA 21 where there's not a lot of money left to be made, is the time where EA decide to be "generous" with SBCs, rewards and pack weights, all in an attempt to try and get people to forget the prior 8 months of pure ❤️❤️❤️❤️. Hope none of you fall for it!

Hence the very reason I always join around the end of March.

I find playing a road to glory around this time to be pure fun based on all the content, and the great teams you can build for free.

Add to this you can pick up fifa for half the price.
  • oldboiler
    5464 posts Big Money Move
    Yup, same every year. Pack weight has already increased and will continue to week by week. It’s basically digital grooming and horrible manipulative filth...but casuals will keep buying and this mess will continue
  • Goodgod10
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Everyone will be back. You post on an ultimate team forum ffs 😂
  • futaddikt
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    New tactic, release sbcs constantly, drive prices up for players , to the point where it forces some users to buy fp, ea wins!
  • Gnomenclature
    8265 posts League Winner
    It's not generosity really... It's how EA keep people logging on.

Statistically, the longer a player stays in the game the more money they will spend on micro transactions.

People are clearly leaving the game - peak transfer market on xbox is about 600k players. Also it's tough finding matches.
  • Dmb75
    1018 posts Professional
    Dannyh328 wrote: »
    “Generous” with pack weights??? Look at what people are getting in their ultimate packs 🤢🤢 it’s worse then ever

I mean you are just wrong. If you don’t think pack weight has been increased you live on a different planet.
  • Mmandras
    6600 posts Big Money Move
    It's not generosity really... It's how EA keep people logging on.

Statistically, the longer a player stays in the game the more money they will spend on micro transactions.

People are clearly leaving the game - peak transfer market on xbox is about 600k players. Also it's tough finding matches.

Exactly this. EA just hopes to keep the playerbase interested until the end, and we should all applaud for the effort, instead of being cinycal about it. With delayed release date this year, it's even more relevant this time around.

I almost gave up on preordering Fifa 21 altogether, but now with next gen engine announcement, having second thoughts and curiousity might win. Essentially of course, nothing will change. EA will be stingy with rewards, servers will be loaded, and all the shannaningens will be part of Fifa for a long time.
  • ryj01
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    ea also does this so that statistically it shows on average that pack weight was better during the year. It balances out so that they can give some bs pack weight number when governments begin to investigate lootboxes. Even though pack weight has been bad for most of the year
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    17077 posts World Class
    Dmb75 wrote: »

I mean you are just wrong. If you don’t think pack weight has been increased you live on a different planet.

its definitely been increased, im getting good cards in almost every pack
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Generious with pack weights lol
    I’ve easily opened 500 packs from Toty and only one player over 83 rated was coman 84 rated this was including 2 ultimate packs from rewards neither of which contained a player over 81 rated

Currently not even playing the game as it’s pure garbage and I’m still sitting on 3 mil coins and approx 8-10 mil team I’m just logging on the web app and blasting out packs and sbcams for last few weeks so I’m not so sure we’re they have increased the odds as Ive been getting completely shafted
  • Queens11
    3090 posts National Call-Up
    Dmb75 wrote: »

Why would he live on a different planet lol sure packs are just random and are all down to luck according to players on here
    Possibly he is just having an incredible run of bad luck
  • Swanz05
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    I'm yet to see any evidence of this 😒
  • RedRogue
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    Opened a few packs from marquee match ups etc with my stepson yesterday and he must’ve got 7 or 8 special cards (3 in one pack!) and a few 87/88’s.
    I myself packed 4 special cards also.
    The pack weight has had a significant increase, maybe not High end/top tier drops but the special card fodder has been upped massively for sure.