Anyone use pim lineker, Raul or Moore

MrMTFC
841 posts Semi-Pro
Want to try a couple new icons for me and these look pretty good, just wanted to see what people who have used any of them think before blowing my coins on any

Comments

• Zalisis
    562 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've not used Lineker. The other two however -

Moore was excellent for me, but this was a few months ago. Pace is obviously his weakness so a Shadow is essential. However, his passing and control and tackling were excellent, and his agility/balance were a nice bonus to have on a CB.

Raul disappointed me. I tried him both as LW and Striker. I've found other people more effective for similar money. For example, if you want a dribbler/creator go for Zola or Baggio or even Bergkamp.

Stoichkov is stronger and far more aggressive and generally beats him on most stats (far more productive on the left wing). Need a pacy agile finisher, go for Larsson or Sanchez. All better IMO and cheaper.

• MrMTFC
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice review @Zalisis thanks, I want an agile st and thought Raul stat wise looked good, glad I asked now. I had Sanchez before and he was great but felt a little too hit and miss, would either score a hat trick for me or be non existent. May take a chance on Moore and maybe lineker with an engine chem if anyone else wants to vouch for him
  • Gromit
    4705 posts National Call-Up
    Raul is class, even his 86 is worth trying for 70k. I had his 86 as a CAM behind David Villa. With a Hunter he's plenty quick enough and he continued to surprise me with his superb positioning and finishing.

I then used his 88 for ages as a ST and CAM. Again he was brilliant. I keep meaning to try his PIM.

He's just a classy player, with flair and great positioning and finishing.
  • MrMTFC
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    Gromit wrote: »
    Raul is class, even his 86 is worth trying for 70k. I had his 86 as a CAM behind David Villa. With a Hunter he's plenty quick enough and he continued to surprise me with his superb positioning and finishing.

I then used his 88 for ages as a ST and CAM. Again he was brilliant. I keep meaning to try his PIM.

He's just a classy player, with flair and great positioning and finishing.

His 4*wf does look appealing over Sanchez 3*, as far as I know these look the best for this sort of price range
  • Ishibum
    14560 posts Has That Special Something
    Pim Raul remains the best icon I've used. Played at LS as a creator for Tots Werner. Done more than create and scored a silly amount. One card I wouldn't mind putting back in the team tbh.
  • JPRM71
    3148 posts National Call-Up
    Just bought PIM Lineker tonight as I’m building a THFC legends side to enter WL with this week. Very interested to read the comments on him here!
  • Iucas
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Moore 92 used over 300 games and very reliable at the back. I have anchor on and pace was never a problem, but it’s nice to be able to get around with your Cb and pass ball with confidence. Give him H/H and will be amazing cdm. Definitely worth the coins. Btw I have Thiago Silva 95, Boateng 91, de vrij 95, Gabrielsen 88, Maguire 90 and Bobby is my first choice.
  • juliuscaesar8
    1112 posts Professional
    Using 89 Moore still. Tried Opara, flashback Fuchs, Baby Rio, PIM Maldini, VVD, etc. Moore’s passing and tackling/reactions is better than all of them. Needs a shadow but then he is top notch. Always in the right place at the right time.
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    PIM Raul is very good, just lacks a bit of aggression against the top tier CB's.