Some stats from my WL if anyone’s interested

Freefolk
858 posts Semi-Pro
edited June 2020
Played 29 games
Won 15
Lost 14

Scored 63 goals
Conceded 73 goals (fell apart in a few games!)

6 out of my 29 games were played at home

Formations I faced
4231 x 8 (won 4)
4222 x 5 (won 1)
433(4) x 4 (won 2)
442 x 4 (won 2)
41212(2) x 3 (won 2)
4411 x 2 (won 1)
424 x 1 (won)
4321 x 1 (won)
41212 x 1 (won)

Players I conceded most goals to were Richarlison and Mbappe at 5 each

I didnt quit any games even when being battered
Opponent quit 3 times

I had 3 players sent off

Notable goal contributions:
29 Games
Mertens 21g 13a
Ings 23g 11a

18 games
Insigne 6g 4a

11 games
Nedved 6g 6a
Modric 2g 6a

This is the team I used for the last 11 games , I changed a few times before then as something didnt feel right

Need to work on closing games out, threw away a lot of leads

Anyway, wish me luck for some nice reds

D7-AC6-E98-1-AB1-42-D4-A44-A-9-AD8-EA50-F1-AD.jpg

Comments

• passpassshootpost
    1352 posts Professional
    Nice my 15 wins 14 loss aswell but played 4231 29 times
  • Jordi93
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nice data collection.
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice my 15 wins 14 loss aswell but played 4231 29 times

Wow really?
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Jordi93 wrote: »
    Nice data collection.

• Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Interesting stat on the 4222, what was it about that form that gave you more trouble?
  • kraid
    7408 posts Big Money Move
    Every wl I decide I’m gonna keep track of all these stats. Then I start playing and completely forget until like 15 games in. One day, one day I’ll remember
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Interesting stat on the 4222, what was it about that form that gave you more trouble?

Find it very difficult to break down for some reason, and since I like to attack with my fullbacks I can leave myself open to the counters out wide I think, need to work on my defending in general
  • Quase
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2020
    Freefolk wrote: »

Find it very difficult to break down for some reason, and since I like to attack with my fullbacks I can leave myself open to the counters out wide I think, need to work on my defending in general
    Struggle a lot against this formation as well.

From my experience the biggest problem is to stand against the pressure for the first 30-45 minutes. The most goals I concede are from failures at goal-kick though. The high pressure makes it next to impossible to start playing out of your own last third. The ball often goes directly to the opponent.
    Speaking from playing this formation myself when I'm down a goal or two, I would say that if you get away unhurt after some time, this formation and high pressure heavily drains staminia and then you will get your chances. Problem is, that against this formation I am usually down 2 goals by half, then switching to the formation myself makes you even more vulnerable to counters, especially when the opponent switches to a more defensive tactic or even worst 4-2-3-1 because he is in the lead.
  • Giggs11
    566 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I would love to see my stats like this at the end of a weekend league. Would be a great addition to future FIFA games. Don’t think I will ever have the time or effort to do this manually unfortunately.
  • Del654
    1145 posts Professional
    You have a RB at CB
  • Scu11duggery
    1282 posts Professional
    Del654 wrote: »
    You have a RB at CB

A TOTS RB who doesn't need a big Chem boost. I play Lisandro Martinez at CB in 7 chem and he does a good job
  • Stav93
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Screenshot-20200614-212203-com-google-android-apps-docs-editors-sheets.jpg

Screenshot-20200614-212209-com-google-android-apps-docs-editors-sheets.jpg

Here's some of mine from this WL. First time doing this sorta thing. Won't be the last. Changed my team a lot too, need to add an appearances tab I think!
  • Mego
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Played 29 games
    Won 15
    Lost 14

Scored 63 goals

Formations I faced
    4231 x 8 (won 4)
    4222 x 5 (won 1)
    433(4) x 4 (won 2)
    442 x 4 (won 2)
    41212(2) x 3 (won 2)
    4411 x 2 (won 1)
    424 x 1 (won)
    4321 x 1 (won)
    41212 x 1 (won)

Opponent quit 3 times

I had 3 players sent off

29 Games
    Mertens 21g 13a
    Ings 23g 11a

18 games
    Insigne 6g 4a

11 games
    Nedved 6g 6a
    Modric 2g 6a

This is the team I used for the last 11 games , I changed a few times before then as something didnt feel right

My friend you next WL will be the same. it wont change not because of because of the game code.
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 2020
    Del654 wrote: »
    You have a RB at CB

Had Marquinhos there before but have Carvajal and Trent both untradeable so wanted to use them , sometimes move allan to cdm, witsel to cb, Carvajal to rb, Trent to cm, depends on my opponent really
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Quase wrote: »

Struggle a lot against this formation as well.

From my experience the biggest problem is to stand against the pressure for the first 30-45 minutes. The most goals I concede are from failures at goal-kick though. The high pressure makes it next to impossible to start playing out of your own last third. The ball often goes directly to the opponent.
    Speaking from playing this formation myself when I'm down a goal or two, I would say that if you get away unhurt after some time, this formation and high pressure heavily drains staminia and then you will get your chances. Problem is, that against this formation I am usually down 2 goals by half, then switching to the formation myself makes you even more vulnerable to counters, especially when the opponent switches to a more defensive tactic or even worst 4-2-3-1 because he is in the lead.

Yeah and in all honesty they were all pretty good players aswell.
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    Stav93 wrote: »

Here's some of mine from this WL. First time doing this sorta thing. Won't be the last. Changed my team a lot too, need to add an appearances tab I think!

Nice!
    I just write it down on paper as I go, so pretty limited to what I can put, very old fashioned haha

I find it calms me down and helps me look more at where I’m going wrong though
  • Stav93
    683 posts An Exciting Prospect

Nice!
    I just write it down on paper as I go, so pretty limited to what I can put, very old fashioned haha

Haha nothing wrong with old fashioned! I just love data, really wish I could compare and contrast with the rest of my WL this year.

Agree that is helps you relax after a game though, like rather than rage and go straight into another game you collect your bits of data, certainly helps.
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    3 red cards in one WL 😮
  • MEARLEY87
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    Played 29 games
    Won 15
    Lost 14

Scored 63 goals

Formations I faced
    4231 x 8 (won 4)
    4222 x 5 (won 1)
    433(4) x 4 (won 2)
    442 x 4 (won 2)
    41212(2) x 3 (won 2)
    4411 x 2 (won 1)
    424 x 1 (won)
    4321 x 1 (won)
    41212 x 1 (won)

Opponent quit 3 times

I had 3 players sent off

29 Games
    Mertens 21g 13a
    Ings 23g 11a

18 games
    Insigne 6g 4a

11 games
    Nedved 6g 6a
    Modric 2g 6a

Nice team.

You was lucky not to play 4231 sheep more often
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    3 red cards in one WL 😮

Love a slide tackle 😂
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro
    MEARLEY87 wrote: »
    Played 29 games
    Won 15
    Lost 14

Scored 63 goals

Formations I faced
    4231 x 8 (won 4)
    4222 x 5 (won 1)
    433(4) x 4 (won 2)
    442 x 4 (won 2)
    41212(2) x 3 (won 2)
    4411 x 2 (won 1)
    424 x 1 (won)
    4321 x 1 (won)
    41212 x 1 (won)

Opponent quit 3 times

I had 3 players sent off

29 Games
    Mertens 21g 13a
    Ings 23g 11a

18 games
    Insigne 6g 4a

11 games
    Nedved 6g 6a
    Modric 2g 6a

Nice team.

You was lucky not to play 4231 sheep more often

Thanks man
    Yeah was a different mix of teams this weekend, lots of different players. Still a lot of the usual suspects but more variety for sure, played a lot of full serie a teams which I don’t usually see much of
  • rickyb316
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited June 2020
    How do ya lose with that team tbh..looks ridic..

Edit: i take it back this game is ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Jobiwan
    3813 posts National Call-Up
    kraid wrote: »
    Every wl I decide I’m gonna keep track of all these stats. Then I start playing and completely forget until like 15 games in. One day, one day I’ll remember

Haha that is so me. Ive even set up a document to throw it all in then immediately forgot by the first game...
  • Freefolk
    858 posts Semi-Pro

Nice!

Haha nothing wrong with old fashioned! I just love data, really wish I could compare and contrast with the rest of my WL this year.

Agree that is helps you relax after a game though, like rather than rage and go straight into another game you collect your bits of data, certainly helps.

I did put my info into a spreadsheet last year, Haven’t bothered this year though, gameplay is always so different and I change my team so often its hard to compare them all directly anyway
  • invictus1
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    What division are you?
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    The opponent starting formations are irrelevant, it's likely you were playing 4231 after minute 1. Also like me if you play more 'away' games you will get matched to some really bad players who just abuse the play at home glitch. If you play at home all the time you meet teams that are so good they don't care who they play and whether they are home / away. I'm div 7/8 (14 wins is about my level)
  • Wurrsmycash
    1204 posts Professional
    Surprised you didn't face any 3-5-2 it's always my personal fav and seems to be gathering momentum from some YouTubers so it'll prob be meta soon
  • NucksNation
    4095 posts National Call-Up
    I assume those are starting formations? Not actually Played in game.. ?
  • Efrenc90
    970 posts Professional
    Nice man also finished with 15 wins. Had 14 wins with 5 games to go and was sure I would hit the 17 mark but no!! My console got an error with Only 1 game left so yeah. What should we expect in our reds ? 1 or 2 ultimate pickss?
  • JWNYsg
    6371 posts Big Money Move
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ i think i lost to you bro