Stocked last Friday, did tons of SBCs yesterday, and got KDB!!!

URBirdman
1497 posts Play-Off Hero
Last Friday I had 850K coins. I spent ~400K investing fodders and used the rest 450K to stock 600-700 major league gold rare cards at discard price.

This Thursday I was disappointed to see EA didn't release the 11 rare golds to 25K pack repeatable SBC, so quick sold every stocked <81 rated cards except for LM/LW/RM/RW/CB which were sold at higher prices. Then I started from the 82-88 upgrade repeatable SBC, did ~35 with the non-rares in my club and did another ~30 with purchased non-rares (cost was around 2500 coins per SBC), used every <85 cards in my club (including many 82s stocked at discard price last Friday) to build up as many double 83+ plus repeatable SBC as possible, opened all the packs, put every <85 cards from 82-88 into the double 83+ plus, opened again and recycled again. I think in total I did around 65 X 82-88, 35 X double 83+, 2 X double 82+.

In my second to last round of recycling, I got 99 KDB from a double 83+ pack!!!!!! I literally couldn't believe my eyes! I have already got 90 Gullit from the 6 X mid icon packs I did and I think I now have the most overpowered 5-star weak foot box-to-box midfielder duo in the game!

After the crazy rinsing, I ended up with having a 99 KDB, a 96 Modric (had to do him in order to get rid of duplicate Sommer), around 4 X random ROW TOTS cards, 1 X 88 card, 2 X 86 cards, and 2 X 85 cards, plus now I have 1.35 millions coins (yes, I made huge profit from the fodder investment...). What a crazy day... I guess the key is to invest into cards way before you need them... Also of course it is important to have the patience to do repeatable SBCs over and over again...

I don't think it's about luck - I pre-stock with 450K coins every week during TOTS promo except for the PL week, did as many repeatable SBCs as possible with stocked cards and recycling, and every week the total market worth of the untradeable cards I got from those SBCs was always higher than the 450K I spent. Of course most of the cards cannot even enter my bench, but at least it makes me believe if you stock ahead and do enough numbers of the repeatable SBCs, the overall return expectation is positive. You can see another better example from NickRunTheFUTMarket - that guy spent 4 millions coins stocking gold rares and did 200X upgrade SBC every week, and every week from the 200X packs he was able to get at least one of the top tier card in the week's TOTS squad. So if you didn't try it this year, I highly recommend you doing that next year, if you still gonna play FUT...

Comments

• Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero
    Include a TLDR.
  • Toonleew
    3744 posts National Call-Up
    That’s pretty poor luck to be fair. Out of all them packs you should have got more
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Toonleew wrote: »
    That’s pretty poor luck to be fair. Out of all them packs you should have got more

I absolutely satisfied with the result. With 450K cost, I got > 2M return, kinda cool!
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    That sounds like a lot of effort and time for most people. Well done on the KDB/Gullit hopefully made it worthwhile.

I can't be bothered doing any SBCs any more but think I'll load up Fifa now and have a go at weekend league.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Turkey_man wrote: »
    That sounds like a lot of effort and time for most people. Well done on the KDB/Gullit hopefully made it worthwhile.

I can't be bothered doing any SBCs any more but think I'll load up Fifa now and have a go at weekend league.

I don't think it's more time, it's just different ways of spending time. Some people spending time on division rivals and weekend league and hope getting good rewards, but I don't play any rivals and only play ~18 games in weekend league to get 14 wins every week. So maybe I even spend less time than those people...

Those SBCs I did yesterday probably took me around 2-3 hours total including selling all the extra cards and opening all the packs. And I only do it once a week...
  • Icarium
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Glad all the work paid off for you!
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Icarium wrote: »
    Glad all the work paid off for you!

Thanks bro!