Keyboard switches

RadioShaq
15973 posts Moderator
What switches do you prefer? I got a cheap keyboard with blue switches while I like them they are so loud I am going to have to get a new one.

Thinking about 100 dollar price point maybe a little bit more. Kinda thinking about the bloody ones which Razer copies but cheaper or HyperX silver speed switches. Then maybe even o rings. Not sure about going linear.

Comments

  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    I ended up going with HyperX fps rgb pro. Would liked for it to be ten keyless but figured I would go with silver speed switches. Hopefully it’s a good keyboard with the switches.
  • JohnDoe
    11692 posts Has That Special Something
    Mechanical keebs are the way to go. Plenty of info on them on the mechanical keebs subreddit. Nice little rabbit hole, I’d say.
  • 1HoV
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    I ended up going with HyperX fps rgb pro. Would liked for it to be ten keyless but figured I would go with silver speed switches. Hopefully it’s a good keyboard with the switches.

    I got silver speeds on a Ducky 60%, they feel good not too loud.
    I used to have a Corsair with Cherry Reds, it was a good keyboard but I decided to sell it for the Ducky. The reds were fine, but the Ducky with Silvers feels quicker and more comfortable.
  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    edited June 15
    Either of you try the o rings before?

    Still waiting on shipping so haven’t tried the keyboard yet. Was hoping someone liked the silver speeds. Really enjoyed the blues but they are so loud and the bump and pressure seems like a lot.
  • 1HoV
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Either of you try the o rings before?

    Still waiting on shipping so haven’t tried the keyboard yet. Was hoping someone liked the silver speeds. Really enjoyed the blues but they are so loud and the bump and pressure seems like a lot.

    Never bothered modifying.
  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    I’ve used it for a few hours and I am pretty impressed with the keyboard as a whole. I feel like switches are kind of a personal preference but I like the linear and silver speed switches so far.

    I feel like everyone probably has different pressure preferences but I like less for gaming. For typing the loud clicky blues are really satisfying though.

    It’s a full size keyboard but not really that bulky which I like. It also has an extra usb plug which is really nice. It has a lot of rgb and pudding keycaps witch was also nice.

    Initial impressions I would recommend the hyper rgb pro if someone was looking for lighter switches and a nice keyboard. Kinda feel lucky I picked it not really knowing if I would enjoy it or not.
  • Fifatto
    3 posts Ball Boy
    I'm italian .i've write an italian post..FIFA 20 have a bad control in my keyboard for the game online..rivals.. weekend league..Sometime is slow..Have you problem if you play online?
    Sorry for my not very good english
  • RadioShaq
    15973 posts Moderator
    I’ve not used my keyboard for fifa.
  • 1HoV
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifatto wrote: »
    I'm italian .i've write an italian post..FIFA 20 have a bad control in my keyboard for the game online..rivals.. weekend league..Sometime is slow..Have you problem if you play online?
    Sorry for my not very good english

    You really need a controller for fifa.
Sign In or Register to comment.