Go out with a bang

Icarium
484 posts Sunday League Hero
Got a team I am happy with and enjoy using, have 400k and enough fodder for today's ripoff I mean deluxe sbc. I figure at this point in the game I might as well do the deluxe and buy the 3 100k packs and take one last roll of the dice for one of the big boys while the ultimate team is still in packs. Anyone else goin for broke?

Comments

• SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    giphy.gif
  • Supermario911
    2217 posts Fans' Favourite
    U won't get anything but gl
  • Thinking about it have 400k too
  • DaMMian
    2087 posts Fans' Favourite
    no mate, buy player/players from the market
  • Icarium
    U won't get anything but gl

Oh I know, but with the game in its death throws why not? I am not expecting to hit a big one, but is there gonna be a better time to try?
  • Have a 95 squad only players that would improve it are tots messi varane or one of the 2 French ligue 1 tots strikers so thinking what the hell.
  • Icarium
    DaMMian wrote: »
    no mate, buy player/players from the market

Nothing really I can upgrade with 400k that's really gonna make a difference in my team.
  • That's my thinking
  • Icarium
    Have a 95 squad only players that would improve it are tots messi varane or one of the 2 French ligue 1 tots strikers so thinking what the hell.

Same, only thing that's gonna help me are the ones I'm never going to be able to afford. So what's the point of holding out?
  • Good luck you go first :)
  • Hanghangmoon
    68 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2020
    Just did 300k packs and got back max 83 GK. Dont do it, as I have done nearly 3mil packs during Ultimate Totssf and got back about 400k in total
  • CFCHenri
    4321 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 2020
    Your best player will be Banega or Icardi don’t say we didn’t warn you.

I’d keep it for a cheap icon or SBC down the line
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    It would be a waste of coins
  • Icarium
    Good luck you go first :)

Doing them later tonight when I get home, I'll will post my garbage results after lol
  • greif44
    6055 posts Big Money Move
    Keep us updated, thinking the same thing. 95-rated squad and 1 million liquid
  • Koning Spijker
    3800 posts National Call-Up
    CFCHenri wrote: »
    Your best player will be Banega or Icardi don’t say we didn’t warn you.

I’d keep it for a cheap icon or SBC down the line

Down the line? There's no down the line anymore. The Gameplay was bad enough, yet now they also screw up on of the most exciting promos.
    I mean, serious, fifa20 was about to die and instead of reanimate, EA chose suicide
  • Str8hii
    1913 posts Play-Off Hero
    I spent close to 3 mill on packs this week and gave 333k to 3 ppl from this forum earlier nothing in packs not a single totssf worth over 100k i think oblak was the best player i got. I would save 400k for moments or prime icon sbc. They should release it soon u might get lucky there.
  • Icarium
    Str8hii wrote: »
    I spent close to 3 mill on packs this week and gave 333k to 3 ppl from this forum earlier nothing in packs not a single totssf worth over 100k i think oblak was the best player i got. I would save 400k for moments or prime icon sbc. They should release it soon u might get lucky there.

This is the last WL I'm doing for the year and I dont see myself playing a whole lot past this weekend so meh, but I get your point.
  • Tuqijuno
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I thought the same, but after one 100k pack where my only board was Rui Patricio, I decided I'd rather keep my virtual currency 'til the bitter end. Maybe I'll do it during futties.
  • cantonagod
    1279 posts Professional
    Don’t do it mate, I did the same this morning after being pissed off with the rewards- got the 3 and highest was David silva in the last pack - nothing else in 3 packs over 83 rated. Instantly regretted it and wished I had bought TOTSSF Lala instead
  • mhh1981
    3691 posts National Call-Up
    Sod it, I’ve got some coins sitting there so I’m gonna log in and do the 3 100k packs. Will post results shortly
  • mhh1981
    3691 posts National Call-Up
    1st pack - best pull 85 Allan
    2nd pack - best pull 85 Robertson
    3rd pack - best pull CL neuer and 85 fernandes
  • Icarium
    1st pull canales
    2nd pull totssf kimmich
    3rd pull 86 rakitic

Sooo I pretty much bought expensive fodder, sell kimmich for around 190k. How very anti climatic but that's better than any of my garaunteed pulls so I guess thats pretty lucky
  • Icarium
    And 3rd deluxe sbc issssssss SZCZESNY!! Lol If i am surprised at all it's only because i expected worse, but hey I've still got my red picks for next week right? Jusss kiddin i know they will be goalkeepers and row rubbish
  • chicken_nuggetsFTW
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    400k why would you waste it on 3 100K packs. There are insane players for value under 100K right now.
  • JWNYsg
    7003 posts Big Money Move
    Icarium wrote: »
    Got a team I am happy with and enjoy using, have 400k and enough fodder for today's ripoff I mean deluxe sbc. I figure at this point in the game I might as well do the deluxe and buy the 3 100k packs and take one last roll of the dice for one of the big boys while the ultimate team is still in packs. Anyone else goin for broke?

i did and got the Leicester CB
  • Icarium
    400k why would you waste it on 3 100K packs. There are insane players for value under 100K right now.

None that would fit in to my team, past this weekend WL is done, for me anyways. I never had any interest in playing this game like a stock market so why not?
  • Chuckball
    769 posts Semi-Pro

Do tell??
  • Koning Spijker
    3800 posts National Call-Up

At this stage, for the majority, those <100k players are not an improvement. Even 400k players cannot improve my squad.