Smashed Controllers

Hannayiom
220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Reading another post, I was wondering how many controllers FIFA 20 has destroyed!!

I've lost 4 to FIFA 20

Anyone beat that?

Comments

• YidArmy
    656 posts An Exciting Prospect
    We talking PS4 controllers here? No idea how much an XBOX one is. That's an expensive habit you have there haha...
  • Neil_14
    1054 posts Professional
    Zero... only my kids damage my controllers by using them as teething toys.
  • Jordi93
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Never broken a control but often pull the plug out the socket because of this game.

It’s strange because I never get annoyed or start swearing if I die on COD or Fortnite.

This game is mentally straining and I’m sure it can’t be good for people’s health.
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    Yeah, if you're smashing things because of a videogame you do need to seek professional help.

Not judging at all, but I dont think it's completely normal to react like that
  • Ispeakthetruth
    96 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not smashed a controller in every fifa since release. Why the fork waste 50 quid. You need to get a grip as it's game and not real
  • ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    I would advise Anger Management.
  • tommyboyo
    2774 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah, never smash a controller regardless of the anger.

Maybe you have money coming out of your arse, but I can't afford to break my stuff and replace it on a whim!
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    I'm an adult and have self control. I go through controllers every 6 months or so from being heavy handed but never break them due to rage.
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    Zero, no game would make me throw £50 in the bin
  • Dave2791
    1381 posts Professional
    Stay CALM
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
  • Boffa
    759 posts Semi-Pro
    Seen far worse than that.
    Some people are just extremly competative and hate losing more than anything else. Think this game attracts more people with minds like that and we read more of it.
  • Hannayiom
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Great comments :) just wanted to add that after the latest one, it changed my whole mindset of the game, and no more controllers will be destroyed...

Just I've seen a couple of other mentions of smashed controllers and wondered how deep it goes.

Mental health comes first, always. Like mentioned above, its just a game.
  • Amargaladaster26
    9871 posts Has That Special Something
    Wtf.

I have the same controller since like 2010.
  • Triplee123
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I haven’t physically smashed a controller, but I have had analog drift happen on two controllers
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Wtf.

Are you still on the old gen consoles?
  • Amargaladaster26
    9871 posts Has That Special Something
    Wtf.

I play on PC, have the Xbox 360 controller. Should probably change it, but too lazy to go find and buy a new one and didnt like the Xbox One controller that much.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    Wtf.

I play on PC, have the Xbox 360 controller. Should probably change it, but too lazy to go find and buy a new one and didnt like the Xbox One controller that much.

Ah I see. Was genuinely curious there.
  • PoliteRager
    92 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sergio Aguero nearly smashed his controller after losing in the last minute. And he's been in the most stressful game time situations you can imagine.

It happens, has nothing to do with mental weakness. I'd chalk it up to the game itself.
  • Jimmy89
    614 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hannayiom wrote: »
    Reading another post, I was wondering how many controllers FIFA 20 has destroyed!!

I've lost 4 to FIFA 20

Anyone beat that?

4!? That’s £200 🤣 Find a new hobby pal!
  • Wurrsmycash
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    No controllers but one Ikea table for FIFA 20

Pes and FIFA combined last 15/20 years maybe 2-3 controllers and one wardrobe....
  • Wurrsmycash
    922 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 11
    Enigmatic wrote: »
    Not one controller destroyed because of Fifa.
    Its just a Game grow up.
    Maybe get some help if you cant controll yourself.

Big Man thinks the game is perfect 👌

Majority of rage comes from the game being broken and not from losing....how bout you pick up a book and read it
  • Azof
    19079 posts World Class
    Sergio Aguero nearly smashed his controller after losing in the last minute. And he's been in the most stressful game time situations you can imagine.

It happens, has nothing to do with mental weakness. I'd chalk it up to the game itself.

No it has everything to do with self control, don't blame the game for your own inability not to break your property.
  • Joe_the_chef22
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have throw a controller but as they cost 50 notes always on to a cushion on the sofa really soft rage I realise but 50 notes
  • Miigue
    613 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Enigmatic wrote: »
    Not one controller destroyed because of Fifa.
    Its just a Game grow up.
    Maybe get some help if you cant controll yourself.

The composure king here. I haven’t destroyed any controllers, but I really can’t judge people that have.
  • TH14228
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Zero.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class

Yeah there's a difference between feeling like doing it and actually doing it. Sergio must have self control.
  • I did have the left bumper (L1) break the other day after update, due to it not responding to player switching. Kept tapping in to change player.
    On another note. I do wish something would change. To much is needed in the L1 button. It gets battered with all the taps it received
  • WLB_SENA
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    Zero, but almost got there