Giovinco and mertens?

Has any one used both of them? That have very similar stats do they play the same or feel the same ? I wana buy Giovinco to try him out before I pull the trigger on doing mertens sbc

Comments

• Gromit
    4721 posts National Call-Up
    Not used Mertens.

But Gio has to be one of the best bargains. Quick, agile, great finisher 4* 4*.

He's not quite as agile as you'd expect but still very very mobile. When you sub him in for another striker you immediately notice how different he is to the average striker. Very hard to defend, just get him he's so cheap now.
  • Gromit wrote: »
    Not used Mertens.

But Gio has to be one of the best bargains. Quick, agile, great finisher 4* 4*.

He's not quite as agile as you'd expect but still very very mobile. When you sub him in for another striker you immediately notice how different he is to the average striker. Very hard to defend, just get him he's so cheap now.

Yea can’t believe how much he dropped he his gona be starting for me depends how I like him might do mertens since they so similar
  • YidArmy
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    Has any one used both of them? That have very similar stats do they play the same or feel the same ? I wana buy Giovinco to try him out before I pull the trigger on doing mertens sbc

Not used Mertens but have had Giovinco for 3 weeks now and I'd say he's my best player. Been my top goalscorer for 3 G2 finshes in a row.

I play 433 and actually have him on the right of the 3 in midfield. The reason for this is his insane acceleration and dribbling. He's so fast, just breezes past oppenents. If you are good at dribbling he is one of the best. He's got that unique dribbling ability that not many cards have.

Hes obviously weak so you have to be really clever with your dribbles to makes sure hes not touched.

Finishing wise he's so good too, very lethal. Good shot power too, he's hits the ball hard.

I bought him back when he was about £240K and its been the best investment I've made in FUT.
  • CustardHippo
    2876 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gio is good, but Mertens is next level. Gio is a super sub for me as I got him in the Saudi Guarantee SBC. Great attacking sub to have, so agile and nimble, very mobile and can finish from all angles. His freekicks are insane too, seem to arrow in! He is very lightweight though, keep him aware from big build CBs and use the close control dribble as he seems to just get through tiny gaps when being jockeyed.

Mertens, no words. Just has something about him, he is constantly on the move making runs behind, constantly in the right place at the right time, finishes up everything on both feet and his left feels good too. Finesse shots are flying in and he has the perfect WRs and traits to be end game up there for you. Certainly is for me unless I happen to pack one of the big ones in the guarantee SBC this week!
  • Gio is good, but Mertens is next level. Gio is a super sub for me as I got him in the Saudi Guarantee SBC. Great attacking sub to have, so agile and nimble, very mobile and can finish from all angles. His freekicks are insane too, seem to arrow in! He is very lightweight though, keep him aware from big build CBs and use the close control dribble as he seems to just get through tiny gaps when being jockeyed.

Mertens, no words. Just has something about him, he is constantly on the move making runs behind, constantly in the right place at the right time, finishes up everything on both feet and his left feels good too. Finesse shots are flying in and he has the perfect WRs and traits to be end game up there for you. Certainly is for me unless I happen to pack one of the big ones in the guarantee SBC this week!

Definitely will get him thanks for his review and good luck on ur sbc pull