Tots Renato or De Jong?

Jdizzle
2997 posts National Call-Up
Can throw in modric and kimmich but don't think they'll be as good tbh. Also hows renatos finishing with that low composure?

Comments

• Jonboyparker
    7384 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2020
    De Jong for me. Have both red. Renato comes on for de Jong later on to add some fresh leg and a bit more intensity. Where’s he playing?
  • Jdizzle
    De Jong for me. Have both red. Renato comes on for de Jong later on to add some fresh leg and a bit more intensity. Where’s he playing?

Attacking cdm, gueye stays back.
  • Jonboyparker
    Jdizzle wrote: »

That’s a bit different. Actually a hard one. I like De Jong a lot but he’s my defensive CDM. He’s great going forward though. Renato is more aggressive and attacking so might work for you better. You won’t be reliant on his shooting anyway.
  • Jdizzle

That’s a bit different. Actually a hard one. I like De Jong a lot but he’s my defensive CDM. He’s great going forward though. Renato is more aggressive and attacking so might work for you better. You won’t be reliant on his shooting anyway.

Yeah that's why i was contemplating it, if he was stay back i'd keep de jong. I even put the get forward instruction on de jong but he likes to stay back so i have trigger runs a lot. Nah my attacking cdms chip in with a few goals now and then. De jong has scored some pretty tough goals for me this WL, that's why i'm wondering if renato would miss with his low composure.
  • kurzickchris
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    Renato put in 6 goals and 9 assists for me as a balanced CDM this weekend. 15 points out of 25 games for that position is unheard of. Kroos was the old record holder with 11 for me.

Gueye was also my stay back. I’m currently deciding between him or FDJ to pair with Renato.Note I’m only a G1/G2 WL player.
  • Jonboyparker
    edited June 2020
    N

Yeah that's why i was contemplating it, if he was stay back i'd keep de jong. I even put the get forward instruction on de jong but he likes to stay back so i have trigger runs a lot. Nah my attacking cdms chip in with a few goals now and then. De jong has scored some pretty tough goals for me this WL, that's why i'm wondering if renato would miss with his low composure.

Yeah it’s a hard one. My attacking CDM is great (tots KDB) so I don’t really have that issue. 50+ goals in 130 games from there I can’t complain at all.

If you’re comfortable defending a bit more, try renato I guess. He just might get a bit stiff and direct. De Jong’s fluidity is what I like. He can left stick dribble and get into tight spaces. Then he releases KDB. Never did the Gueye objective because I was never dropping my red midfield. Sorry I cant be more help
  • Jonboyparker
    Renato put in 6 goals and 9 assists for me as a balanced CDM this weekend. 15 points out of 25 games for that position is unheard of. Kroos was the old record holder with 11 for me.

Gueye was also my stay back. I’m currently deciding between him or FDJ to pair with Renato.Note I’m only a G1/G2 WL player.

That’s a good return on a CDM. I’d be happy with that.
  • kurzickchris
    285 posts Sunday League Hero

That’s a good return on a CDM. I’d be happy with that.

Agreed and he’s UT so never leaving the team. It’s a shame cause Prem Modric looked good too.

Now to decide between Gueye or De Jong to pair with Renato as my stay back. 🤔