FB 95 Dries Mertens Review

Covkilla91mob
2032 posts Fans' Favourite
What a card 95 Dries Mertens is for price and links around him making him this year very easy to put in a team .

This Weekend I played him ST each game then switched to lam and cam few games and he 100% best in centre of the pitch but can play any forward role .

Movement of this player is imo the best thing about him always hanging in the shooting areas or open spaces and makes cutting runs diagonally making him very good for this year with lack of movement.

Overall feel is great of the card and hardly will miss of your good on left stick and keep cool on ball ,I used Hawk chem boost aswell as that puts up important stats like shot power and aggression.

If your looking for a elite level ST for the price it's a bargain and even would make a insane sub for anyone using a God tier sqaud.

Also great thing is that he plays well on balanced instructions in 1 or 2 St formations which I loved about the card .

Comments

• JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    played one game against him. He was the difference in the odd goal victory to my opponent
  • Covkilla91mob
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    played one game against him. He was the difference in the odd goal victory to my opponent

He was insane guys shots are rockets like outside foots aswell
  • MagpieMillz
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Great card! Had him partnered up with Lucas in a 4222 and both linked up well. Lucas dropping deep and Mertens getting in behind clutched up Elite this week for me
  • Covkilla91mob
    Great card! Had him partnered up with Lucas in a 4222 and both linked up well. Lucas dropping deep and Mertens getting in behind clutched up Elite this week for me

Yea he also helped me get elite agian with 95 reus playing false 9 but he also a whole other level in cam love them both tbh and both very good price .
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I used him 4 games at LW and dropped him. Reus is much more suited in that role, maybe because of his work rates, height or physical... not sure.

Had him at ST once and he was much better there but prefer Son.
  • A_A_Ron
    89 posts Park Captain
    Would you say he is on a par or at least close to TOTS Martinez? I’m tempted to sell Martinez and use Mertens instead as a striker.
  • TTGM
    666 posts Semi-Pro
    He only truly excels at CAM imo.
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah I reckon CAM would be his best position. I like my ST to have some physical presence, Mertens has zero.
  • CustardHippo
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    Plays LF for me, 4321. The runs and the positioning make the card. Not sure what it is, the work rates combined with his attacking stats mostly but there is something that stands him out, he was just always on the move making runs into dangerous areas and always there when the ball broke to get the shot off.

'Has that special something' about him. Great on both feet, finesse or power, his close control dribbling is right up there and he can play the final pass as well. I have him to the left of TOTSSF Benzema, who plays target man, and with Messi on the RF spot. Both him and Messi get in behind and Benz drops to help the play. The runs being made across my front line are pulling defenders all over and now SBC Modric is putting those final balls through I finally feel like my attacks are being rewarded. Played 10 games yesterday in DR and won all 10, moved up nearly two divisions. Am by no means the best player but this guy is making the game easy, just always making that final pass easier to pick and he gets shots away so fast the AI don't get a chance to put a block in.
  • Covkilla91mob
    A_A_Ron wrote: »
    Would you say he is on a par or at least close to TOTS Martinez? I’m tempted to sell Martinez and use Mertens instead as a striker.

Is better imo for most things as he can play CAM or Lam Perfectly and feels very agile on the ball like his stats show .
  • Covkilla91mob
    Turkey_man wrote: »
    I used him 4 games at LW and dropped him. Reus is much more suited in that role, maybe because of his work rates, height or physical... not sure.

Had him at ST once and he was much better there but prefer Son.

For me I like high low ST most this year as movements dead already and he can play very well wide just need to be good at timing those long passes off his runs .

High High like son is good if your looking for your other attackers to interchange more.
  • Covkilla91mob
    Plays LF for me, 4321. The runs and the positioning make the card. Not sure what it is, the work rates combined with his attacking stats mostly but there is something that stands him out, he was just always on the move making runs into dangerous areas and always there when the ball broke to get the shot off.

'Has that special something' about him. Great on both feet, finesse or power, his close control dribbling is right up there and he can play the final pass as well. I have him to the left of TOTSSF Benzema, who plays target man, and with Messi on the RF spot. Both him and Messi get in behind and Benz drops to help the play. The runs being made across my front line are pulling defenders all over and now SBC Modric is putting those final balls through I finally feel like my attacks are being rewarded. Played 10 games yesterday in DR and won all 10, moved up nearly two divisions. Am by no means the best player but this guy is making the game easy, just always making that final pass easier to pick and he gets shots away so fast the AI don't get a chance to put a block in.

It's his work rates and great attacking position and aggression that gets him playing like he loves the badge lol .