Why did Icon Swaps have to end?

GT500
745 posts Semi-Pro
These next 80 nexts they should have just given us insane icons to get to finish off the year... instead we have nothing and the past 3 icon swaps barely gave us any end game players. At least we have icon sbcs to do... oh wait we have overpriced players like Lucas.

Comments

• Sykotic
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Even a base Eusebio would suffice 😂
  • Supermario911
    2217 posts Fans' Favourite
    But icons are more accessible this year lollllll
  • Quillips
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2020
    The answer is they don’t want us to just get ‘given’ the top tier icons. You can make icons as accessible as you want, but when you don’t get the chance to pick every one on offer then you’ve failed in your ‘attempt’.

The only way you can get those insane ones, is from gambling on an icon pack, which isn’t even available at the time of this post, or just liquidate your coins and real expenditure into FUT. The removal of icon SBCs was completely anti consumer.

Edit: The initial part of my post is referring to swaps.
  • Dannyh328
    963 posts Professional
    I know yeah, they shouldn’t of removed icon sbc’s it was about this time last year I was able complete prime Eusebio , this year I’ll never ever get to play with any form of Eusebio so the top tier icons are clearly inaccessible.
  • V l u m s d e n
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    I really thought that during these next last seasons during fifa 20, ea would’ve put base icons within each level obviously the better players at a higher level. Then after you have selected the 1s of your pick you could upgrade them by completing objectives. It’s such a shame to the end of this fifa but I know for next year I won’t be bothering with different versions of cards until tots.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

Good joke that was from EA. They never do anything for the good of the community it's all about selling packs. Hate what this game and company has become.
  • LoPo9
    1228 posts Professional
    edited June 2020

It would be very easy if there were two versions of every icon. Base and Prime. Every Icon could have a Prime SBC. Icon Swaps for every Base Icon
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up

Good joke that was from EA. They never do anything for the good of the community it's all about selling packs. Hate what this game and company has become.

I love to play football games to much, to say: let’s boycott next years FIFA. But the way they are handeling their business is extremely unsatisfying to say the least. This entire year I have not get to play with my most loved card/player(Cruijff) simply because he is to expensive. Last year I had the sbc I would grind towards to complete. EA you actually took a lot of fun out of the game by not giving us the opportunity to play with our most beloved players.
  • NinthFall
    2690 posts National Call-Up
    Even a re-do of old icon swaps with an x amount of tokens available and all icons that have featured already would be better content than what we have now