OK so let’s talk about TOTS Ben Yedder

KurzBobby
63 posts Park Captain
I’ve been struggling with TOTS CR7 and right now I’m seriously considering selling and buying TOTS WBY. I’ve tried everything with CR7 and he has scored some cracking clutch goals I don’t get a feeling of “wow” from him or find him that enjoyable. Wish he’d stop stumbling over (yes he has an engine chem style). I seem to have more fun with Messi/Gomez and Mertens etc.

The thing is I already have WBY’s 88 POTM card which I just love and do like the idea of trying his TOTS card, but it’d seem an awful waste to have to just drop his 88 into an SBC, plus 3.5Mill for a WBY seems absolutely ridiculous.

So for anyone that has used his TOTS card….

Is it genuinely worth the coins?
Have you also used a high rated CR7, if so how did he compare to you?
Am I absolutely mad to be considering this?
Any other options or things to consider?

Comments

• AznSW
    1781 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 7
    It’s not weird cause lean and small players like WBY are simply meta this year and tall players like CR7 will always have the problem of being clunky and off balance.

They don’t turn and shoot as quick in the box which is the best way of scoring.

I have TOTS CR7 myself and there are occasions where it’s just frustrating to use him cause of this.
  • Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 7
    AznSW wrote: »
    It’s not weird cause lean and small players like WBY are simply meta this year and tall players like CR7 will always have the problem of being clunky and off balance.

They don’t turn and shoot as quick in the box which is the best way of scoring.

Short and lean -
    One if not the best build this year.
    That's why premium mertens is so good

Edit : this is also why Ribery is better than ASM
    38725270vy.jpg

• Nodge86
    2358 posts Fans' Favourite
    To enjoy CR7 you have to use the skills. Otherwise he’s just an exceptionally good goal scorer. Which actually sounds mad now I’ve typed it saying the best goal scorer on the game isn’t good enough but it’s true
  • KurzBobby
    63 posts Park Captain
    edited June 7
    Yeah I can't use 5* skills. Play mainly by creating space with passing and off the ball runs. I feel totally wrong considering selling him, partly as WBY's price is ridiculous (and having to sbc the POTM) but I keep trying CR7 and go through a proper live-hate relationship with him.
  • mypetfrog
    1842 posts Fans' Favourite
    Similar issues. I've nearly sold him so many times but can never bring myself to do it.
  • Denz
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    KurzBobby wrote: »
    Yeah I can't use 5* skills. Play mainly by creating space with passing and off the ball runs. I feel totally wrong considering selling him, partly as WBY's price is ridiculous (and having to sbc the POTM) but I keep trying CR7 and go through a proper live-hate relationship with him.

I found toty cr7 phenomenal in game, can't imagine the tots is any different.

You have to find what suits your own playstyle however.

Have you tried learning some new skill moves? Sometimes his balance might be off but I found the dribbling really agile and skill moves executed so quickly. Even basics like a drag back just happen at speed that even if your opponent reads it he is still getting a shot away.

WBY is clearly also a great player on game though, not used anything above his otw which at the time was clearly broken.
  • kraid
    5216 posts Big Money Move
    If you don’t like the guy then just sell him
  • D0lvl
    3106 posts National Call-Up
    Toty cr7 was frustrating for me. An absolute goal machine but was off-balance most of the time even when engine and kept hitting the post (my biggest issue with him).

Sold him a long time ago and never missed him tbh.
  • KurzBobby
    63 posts Park Captain
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Toty cr7 was frustrating for me. An absolute goal machine but was off-balance most of the time even when engine and kept hitting the post (my biggest issue with him).

Who did you settle on, any regrets?
  • D0lvl
    3106 posts National Call-Up
    KurzBobby wrote: »
    D0lvl wrote: »

Who did you settle on, any regrets?

Got lucky and packed r94 shortly after from mid icon sbc.

• mypetfrog
    edited June 7
    kraid wrote: »

I know you're right, but I feel like a failure for not being able to make him work ;)
  • kraid
    5216 posts Big Money Move
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »

I know you're right, but I feel like a failure for not being able to make him work ;)

I got him red, didn’t like him upfront so I’ve moved him to lcam where I prefer him. Just play the way you like man
  • KurzBobby
    63 posts Park Captain
    Anyone used TOTS WBY too? Can give some comparisons?
  • GTaylor
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    WBY is obviously very very good. What I did experience this WL though is that everyone hates you a little bit more due to his inclusion. Watching every replay, shushing, dabbing, multiple unnecessary pauses. If you get frustrated easily then it does not matter how good he is you just won't enjoy him.
  • mypetfrog
    GTaylor wrote: »
    WBY is obviously very very good. What I did experience this WL though is that everyone hates you a little bit more due to his inclusion. Watching every replay, shushing, dabbing, multiple unnecessary pauses. If you get frustrated easily then it does not matter how good he is you just won't enjoy him.

Have you used TOTS/TOTY CR7 too? if so and you had to choose one which one would you go for?
  • GTaylor
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    mypetfrog wrote: »
    GTaylor wrote: »

Have you used TOTS/TOTY CR7 too? if so and you had to choose one which one would you go for?

I haven't unfortunately. Was fortunate enough to get WBY in my guaranteed Ligue 1 pack. Knowing how the game plays, I would suggest that WBY is better, but strap in for the comments.
  • mypetfrog
    Is WBY TOTS shot as good as CR7? Is his positioning and run making as good? I guess that's the things I love about CR7 (although he does hit an awful lot of posts!!!).

If WBY matched him for crazy shots and makes the runs... Then I'd move for him.
  • KurzBobby
    63 posts Park Captain
    Pretty much decided to sell CR7. Just waiting for the weekend sell off to finish - or will the price just continue to slide this week? I suppose if CR7 drops then so will WBY so probs won't really lose in the trade whatever.
  • mypetfrog
    Let us know how you get on. CR7 price dropped massively, hope it recovers later in the week.

Would really like to try WBY too but scared stiff I'll not be impressed and then lost too much in tax to buy CR7 back haha.
  • mypetfrog
    Also one quick Q for anyone who has TOTS WBY...

Is he significantly better than the POTM 88 card? Like noticeably?
  • mypetfrog
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    I haven't used any WBY and will never use him. But TOTS CR7 carried me to E3 in my last WL this FIFA with this goal, against a consistent E1 player with a god squad. CR7 is the best ST in the game for me !
    cCu8tvO.gif

Nice :)
  • Bakudu76
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    I haven't used any WBY and will never use him. But TOTS CR7 carried me to E3 in my last WL this FIFA with this goal, against a consistent E1 player with a god squad. CR7 is the best ST in the game for me !
    cCu8tvO.gif

Beautiful
  • Jordi93
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Packed Ben Yedder in the guaranteed SBC last week. Sold Mid Eusebio because of it and first time getting elite in Fifa history.

He’s probably the best player I’ve ever used marginally above FB Mbappe. If he had 5* skill I don’t even want to imagine how disgusting he’d be.
  • Mogga
    1550 posts Play-Off Hero
    Played him once at the weekend in rivals. Umtiti and VVD (normal gold) had him locked down for 85 mins, then he did a 300 rebound / stagger through challenges manoevre and scored the winner.
  • Denz
    2846 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mogga wrote: »
    Played him once at the weekend in rivals. Umtiti and VVD (normal gold) had him locked down for 85 mins, then he did a 300 rebound / stagger through challenges manoevre and scored the winner.

Sounds right. Found this weekend that Atal has that sticky effect too, felt embarrassed to score a few goals.
  • KurzBobby
    63 posts Park Captain
    Arghhh, this is not helping haha :) So undecided.
  • Lackosweat
    7326 posts Big Money Move
    M8. The game literally ends today. Just buy whoever you want and don’t look back.
  • KurzBobby
    63 posts Park Captain
    M8. The game literally ends today. Just buy whoever you want and don’t look back.

Yeah I get that. Just can't decide, and if I sell CR7 and buy WBY and regret it... I'll have lost too much in tax to buy CR7 back.
  • Jonboyparker
    6211 posts Big Money Move
    Slightly off topic but I went from TOTY CR7 to Futbday Mbappe. Never looked back! The guy is a machine so it’s something else to consider

Not tried Yedder but interested to know if anyone has compares Tots Yedder to FB Mbappe