Football culture to blame...?

Clemster
924 posts Semi-Pro
Just throwing it out there...but in football crowds incite each other, players rage on pitch, managers blame everything and everyone when they lose, players shhh and point to the back of their shirts when they score. All of things exist in fifa. I will feel angry when my team concedes a goal and constantly feel a sense of injustice about everything. Fans gloat in real life moan about how unfair everyrhing is when they lose. These things exist in football and this is a football game so it is any real surprise that everyone (including me) blames the game amd not themselves when losing? Football culture is horrible and it is impossible to have a football game that is realistic and not have some of them negative traits. We are all guilty of it as football fans and followers?

Just a thought...not saying I have formed my opinion on it yet but these are some possible lines of enquiry that I have been thinking about. I expect, but hope I am wrong that, ironically, I will get some personal abuse aimed at me by typical football small-minded people.

Comments

• Scu11duggery
    2199 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited June 2020
    Nope. Internet, online gaming, and anonymity means people can do what they like consequence free. You get issues with the community in any game I played. There are always sociopaths who take pleasure from ruining other people's experience and those with such little self worth that they put too much stock in their recorded success in an online game. Factor in the size of the community, the demographics it covers, and the fact that you can spend money and play for prizes? Perfect storm for a terrible community.
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    No, it's not football culture.

I play football, and you stay respectful. Spats happen, but you don't go into a match trying to wind up the opposition.
  • Clemster
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Tbf I am not on any other forum so they could all be the same
  • GT500
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    When I played there were times when stuff boiled over and some teams did play dirty and look to start something but for the most part we were all there playing a game. Even during ‘big’ games like regional finals I’d be having conversations with player on the other team during stoppages of play.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    No. I played real football for several years and I was usually the first one on the pitch to promote fair-play and good behaviour and was designed team captain on a few occasions mostly because of it.

During the match, I’d be giving it all to win while being respectful to my opponent and the referees. I admit, sometimes I would snap at one of the officials (one time I went too far and as soon as the match ended, everyone was celebrating and I was profusely apologising to the referee in question, because I felt bad about it...)

Having said that, this game is not about football, doesn’t even begin to promote football and most certainly does not promote fair-play.

If anything, this game is the entire opposite of that: every week they come up with more and more taunting celebrations, they manipulate the gameplay to benefit one of the sides and the only way to be “good” at this game is to play exactly the opposite as a real match would.

This game just drives me and many others insane and no, it’s not football culture that does it, it’s the mockery of football that this moronic company created.
  • Clemster
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Agreed. When I played never many bad words or spirit shared amongst players. As a football fan it seems different and there is no other walk of life where it would be acceptable to shout abuse at a complete stranger for no other reason than they play for the other side. Or scream and swear at other people I've never met as they follow another team.
  • Clemster
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    No. I played real football for several years and I was usually the first one on the pitch to promote fair-play and good behaviour and was designed team captain on a few occasions mostly because of it.

During the match, I’d be giving it all to win while being respectful to my opponent and the referees. I admit, sometimes I would snap at one of the officials (one time I went too far and as soon as the match ended, everyone was celebrating and I was profusely apologising to the referee in question, because I felt bad about it...)

Having said that, this game is not about football, doesn’t even begin to promote football and most certainly does not promote fair-play.

If anything, this game is the entire opposite of that: every week they come up with more and more taunting celebrations, they manipulate the gameplay to benefit one of the sides and the only way to be “good” at this game is to play exactly the opposite as a real match would.

This game just drives me and many others insane and no, it’s not football culture that does it, it’s the mockery of football that this moronic company created.

You need to stop playing for your own health in that case.
  • Paquetesousa
    Clemster wrote: »

You need to stop playing for your own health in that case.

I have... club is deleted, game is uninstalled and EA will go bankrupt next year if they depend on my money to survive (of course they don’t, just stating that I will never again spend a single second of my life on an EA product)
  • Hugo69
    51 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2020
    We really don't watch the same football then... your average game people dont shhh and booo and celebrate for ages. You do that on your sunday amateur game against non-friends ? You can be ready for a headkick and some serious tackles. That EA permit players to provoke each other is the cherry on an already rotten cake.
    Yes you get some trash talk in sport, but Fifa is NOT a sport, not even an e-sport, it's a game of chance. People booo when they score but who scored ? You or the computer ? The passes and shots are in "assisted".... the game relies on a lot of RNG ... what's there to celebrate ? That the computer gave you a little bit of help when you needed . Have you ever seen people trash talk at black jack ?
  • Clemster
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    Hugo69 wrote: »
    We really don't watch the same football then... your average game people dont shhh and booo and celebrate for ages. You do that on your sunday amateur game against non-friends ? You can be ready for a headkick and some serious tackles. That EA permit players to provoke each other is the cherry on an already rotten cake.

Ha not seen it that level. You are right.
  • Paquetesousa

They even promote it 😂 every set of objective seasons, they come up with more taunting celebrations.

And then they have the audacity to come up with a CALM banner and stuff... I mean, hypocrite much?

Nothing but PR...
  • Hugo69
    51 posts Park Captain
    edited June 2020
    Clemster wrote: »

Ha not seen it that level. You are right.

Yeah that's why I edited my post, I watched The Last Dance with Michael Jordan recently and I know very little about basketball and I was surprised to see how "trash talk" is a common thing. But we're talking about a sport whereas here the main difference is Fifa is primarily a game of chance. Once people accept the idea that Fifa is a gambling game, it will make things a lot more different starting with the game being regulated and players coming to peace with the idea that the computer has more power than they do.