Opinions on TOTS Cuadrado?

jackbingers
963 posts Professional
Looking at picking him up.

Stats wise he appears as the best all round RB in the game and the 5* skills is just a bonus.

With sentinel too he looks defensively sound plus is relatively inexpensive.

Any experiences with him?

Comments

• Zalisis
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Meh so far, got him as a red so upgraded my defence to have a Serie A TOTS backline.

Conceding more now than my previous defence rating on average 6 less overall (nor just blaming Cuadrado of course).
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    Solid, can't say there's too much between him and of the other top end FBs I've used, worth the coin
  • jackbingers
    963 posts Professional
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    Solid, can't say there's too much between him and of the other top end FBs I've used, worth the coin
    Cheers. Do you ever notice him not being physical enough?

He’s obviously not a traditional solid RB but with the tots stats boost he looks ok
  • jonkero
    7221 posts Big Money Move
    edited June 2020
    There are so many good and affordable wing backs in tots honestly I don't feel a lot difference between all of them
  • DannySTFC
    10358 posts Has That Special Something
    Haven’t used him RB as I’d worry about the strength. Been bringing him on RW though and he feels great. Very smooth and quick, can glide past players. Only reason I don’t have him starting is chemistry. Feel like he would be wasted at RB with his pace and dribbling stats.
  • jackbingers
    963 posts Professional
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Haven’t used him RB as I’d worry about the strength. Been bringing him on RW though and he feels great. Very smooth and quick, can glide past players. Only reason I don’t have him starting is chemistry. Feel like he would be wasted at RB with his pace and dribbling stats.
    A nice to have trait of a full back. Might give him a whirl this weekend, hopefully he’s not in ultimate tots and the price crashes
  • yosef167
    6369 posts Big Money Move
    jonkero wrote: »
    There are so many good and affordable wing backs in tots honestly I don't feel a lot difference between all of them

this
    got his red so linked him with CR7
    he is similar to AWB and other Tots RB
    his physicality isnt the best but what i really loved avout him is being super fast he could catch any 99 Pace winger at anytime during the game
    he worth a try
    he will cover alot of space behind and stop pacey players
    his physicality you need to solve it. and if you are good defender you will find a way to survive
  • Nick_stags
    630 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited June 2020
    Packed him in the upgrades last week along with Theo, Smalling and Red Hand, so gave a Serie A defence a whirl this WL.

Really liked him, was using TOTS Carvajal previously and, while not as quite as good defensively, the 5* skills, agility and dribbling are more fun.

I used Sentinel on him btw.

Smalling and Manolas are rocks at the back, too.
  • Boysie91
    15921 posts World Class
    Cuardrado or Hateboer? I would have him set on stay back BTW.
  • TomPUFC193416
    415 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Cuardrado or Hateboer? I would have him set on stay back BTW.

Having used both it really depends what you need in a full back.

Hateboer probably better defensively/physically but not anywhere near as good on the ball as Cuadrado. Also bear in mind that Hateboer is unlikely to able to recover and make up ground if you make a mistake or he is caught out of position.

Also I personally don’t like full backs 6ft or over. I find they struggle to turn and jockey with the smaller and more agile wingers that everyone has now, but I guess that’s personal preference.
  • Recoba10
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not the best player as RB, perfect as RM or RCAM. He helps a lotin defense and he is really good in attack, making great runs, avoiding most of tackles and quite good in front of the goal.
    I used him as RCAM in 4231 and 4222 this WL and he was one of my best players.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    if you like your RB to join the attack and take a shot here and there, go for it.

he is solid enough in the defense. don't expect him to play like Militao or Ramos where they defend by themselves without user input
  • jackbingers
    963 posts Professional
    Positive overall, sounds like he’s worth the 150k.
  • Jordi93
    732 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Used him for about 4 games of rivals yesterday after getting him in red picks. Very good on the ball if you’re a left stick dribbler and quick to get you out of trouble. Just watch on his positioning though as I still found he had a tendency to go forward even on stay back tactics. He’s good but honestly gold Semedo still does the job 99% of the time.
  • AvfcGreatGuy
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Very good use him at LB, came up again adama a lot and cuadrado bullied him and took him out the game. Overall a very good player