Harder games after 1am

Gainzy
1445 posts Play-Off Hero
Anyone else notice that its sweatlord city in futchamps late at night or is it just me? Gone from.10-2 to 11-8. Saturday nights seem to be the worst!

Comments

• JV24601
    1148 posts Professional
    edited May 2020
    I’ve just lost 6 on the spin, but that’s because I was on for a higher rank than usual
  • deelio
    917 posts Professional
    Was 8-1 now 10-6. Hit the post 5 times 1 game 4 times another game.
  • Triplee123
    628 posts Semi-Pro
    Was 5-0 , now I’m 9-11 💁🏻😆😆
  • Roobar
    1498 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also in theory the higher your win ratio the better opponents you face so at 10-2 you started meeting better opponents. But nothing in this game makes sense so who knows
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gainzy wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that its sweatlord city in futchamps late at night or is it just me? Gone from.10-2 to 11-8. Saturday nights seem to be the worst!

I guess no casual player play FIFA after 1 am mid night... The matchmaking system tries match you against player with similar form, when it cannot find the best opponent for you, it broadens the form range. So I guess after 1 am you frequently playing against tryhards, pros, good players that have higher form than you...
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    edited May 2020
    Or maybe after 1am you’re tired and play like crap? Maybe for your opponent it’s earlier and they’re more alert
  • greif44
    6117 posts Big Money Move
    Yes, there are certain hours when it's a sweatfest - usually early morning and late night.
  • Royalwhite
    995 posts Professional
    Sweatlord Sweatland Sweatfest , all referring to a game that people supposedly resort to for have some fun , chill , and distract from realities of life . However It’s becoming worse than hard labor 😏
  • Arsenalman
    3859 posts National Call-Up
    kraid wrote: »
    Or maybe after 1am you’re tired and play like crap? Maybe for your opponent it’s earlier and they’re more alert

What hours do you play? Would be good to hear a consistent elite players routine
  • NucksNation
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t know about your time zones but it’s 1am pacific here and 3 in a row I have faced teams that are no less than mystery ball.. it’s kick to a corner to neymar/ asm/ adama then side roll pass to a cam side roll and dragback and score
  • Barry Allannnn
    1995 posts Fans' Favourite
    In my experience games are wayy harder after midnight but I can't play during the day because of connection with about 6 computers and phones and Netflix on in my flat. Would comfortably get elite playing earlier at home.
  • kraid
    7637 posts League Winner
    Arsenalman wrote: »
    kraid wrote: »

What hours do you play? Would be good to hear a consistent elite players routine

Im all over the shop mate, I have 2 kids so At the mo I jump on when it looks like they’re busy for an hour 😂. I’d say mostly in the evening from about 9 when they’re asleep but I try not to play too much if I’m very tired. Usually do about 9-10 games Friday evening, intend to play the same amount Saturday but stop after 5 or 6 because something annoys me, then have to struggle through 15 games Sunday evening, minus whatever few games I can fit in during nap times etc in the day.

I wouldn’t say my routine is the best one to use 😂
  • NinthFall
    2698 posts National Call-Up
    Most of the time when I play at night it is harder. I see the game often matching me with players with higher latency and I think it's because they have to look further away to find an opponent who is closer to my level. But even then they're most often superior
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    A lot of pro Youtubers on Sunday night as well, krasi / ovvy etc..
  • Wooly1203
    3638 posts National Call-Up
    NinthFall wrote: »
    Most of the time when I play at night it is harder. I see the game often matching me with players with higher latency and I think it's because they have to look further away to find an opponent who is closer to my level. But even then they're most often superior

Same here!
  • WelshXavi
    1199 posts Professional
    I lost 11 straight Friday past midnight. The players I was facing were sensational. Ended up finishing silver 2!
  • Smsalnuaimi
    1601 posts Play-Off Hero
    yes
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    I don’t know about your time zones but it’s 1am pacific here and 3 in a row I have faced teams that are no less than mystery ball.. it’s kick to a corner to neymar/ asm/ adama then side roll pass to a cam side roll and dragback and score

I think this is a lot to do with it.

Time zones mean as you are winding down others are jumping on for the evening.

I'm assuming the OP is on GMT, in which case all the north and south Americans will be jumping on in the evening at 1 a.m GMT.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    I find that even though the game is slightly smoother at night the level of opponent is higher. Probably because the kids are in bed and it's just mainly hardcore players playing at them times with the exception of the odd one here and there.

I just play at the times that suits me and if the gameplay is delayed like today then I will just grind through it.
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    I find that even though the game is slightly smoother at night the level of opponent is higher. Probably because the kids are in bed and it's just mainly hardcore players playing at them times with the exception of the odd one here and there.

I just play at the times that suits me and if the gameplay is delayed like today then I will just grind through it.

Less players, less strain on the servers, plus the older, more commited players being on at that later time, could all be a factor.