Free Kicks

joshyw
890 posts Semi-Pro
just me who still hasn’t got to grips with free kicks in this game? Last year I scored so many but this year I’ve probably scored under 10

it’s frustrating because I get so many free kicks in good positions and I just know it’s not going to come to anything, anyone got any tips they wanna share

Comments

• marocfifa_8
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2020
    I go a little bit above the bar and over the wall. Put topspin on. That's the only way I score free kicks.

But these idiots put a player on the line in that exact spot these days so I don't know what to do.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class
    Keep them simple just aim for right in the top corner and then I use timed finishing. If you get the target right in the corner and time it either white or green it's usually a goal.
  • joshyw
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    I go a little bit above the bar and over the wall. Put topspin on. That's the only way I score free kicks.

But these idiots put a player on the line in that exact spot these days so I don't know what to do.

That’s kinda what I do and when one does actually go on target, like you said, there’s a player on the line to clear it, just feel like your options are limited from free kicks, because if you go to the keepers other side they’re saving it 99% of the time
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    16720 posts World Class

Call the second and third man and they tend to move the guy off the line thinking you're taking it short then put it in the top corner.
  • Wooly1203
    3640 posts National Call-Up
    Just aim for the corner and hit it. I always used to put topspin on it, but I’ve had more luck with just aiming it and hitting it with the default movement
  • marocfifa_8
    Has anyone scored a Roberto Carlos free outside of the boot? Is it even possible. I remember fifa 03 Where you had a little red circle on the ball to show where you were going to hit it and it would curve or dip depending on where you placed the circle.

Call the second and third man and they tend to move the guy off the line thinking you're taking it short then put it in the top corner.

Lol I hate that this has to be a thing. Always got to do some extra stuff to deal with toxic tactics smh
  • Wooly1203
    3640 posts National Call-Up
    Has anyone scored a Roberto Carlos free outside of the boot? Is it even possible. I remember fifa 03 Where you had a little red circle on the ball to show where you were going to hit it and it would curve or dip depending on where you placed the circle.

Lol I hate that this has to be a thing. Always got to do some extra stuff to deal with toxic tactics smh

I remember the free kicks in 05 were just like that! You could hit it and put whatever spin you wanted. I could score them from everywhere lol
  • GrasuXXL
    270 posts Sunday League Hero

Pfff. You can call the 3rd and 5th man, my player stays on the goal line
  • NucksNation
    4612 posts National Call-Up
    1/2 fk that’s within 25yards is a goal for me.. I think it’s one of the easiest things this fifa.. compare to a corner which I have slightly got a grip now
  • unitednations
    178 posts Sunday League Hero
    1/2 fk that’s within 25yards is a goal for me.. I think it’s one of the easiest things this fifa.. compare to a corner which I have slightly got a grip now

?
  • Destin8or
    5728 posts Big Money Move
    Roberto Carlos, aim top bins and press shoot.
    Kinda feels like cheating.
  • NucksNation
    4612 posts National Call-Up

?

You don’t understand what I said or you have a question?
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Scored two beauties in the same match yesterday. Totssf rashford is an amazing FK taker.
  • Dave2791
    1455 posts Play-Off Hero

So putting people on the line, like professionals do in real life, is toxic? Should they just let you score a goal?
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    I score a lot with Koeman and Ziyech, curling shot away from the keeper into the top corner.
    If they put a player on the line I go short then finesse one in
  • JetLF
    132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Does anyone actually know why with some players it’s so easy to aim in the top corner and others impossible? I’d guess it’s stats but before I got prime Ballack the target would just be going mental and I thought it was how it works, even though they are decent players.

With Ballack however, it’s so easy to put it top corner and you only don’t really score if someone’s on the line. I don’t bother with spin or anything, never worked out how it’s supposed to work.
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dave2791 wrote: »

So putting people on the line, like professionals do in real life, is toxic? Should they just let you score a goal?

Not sure what football you watch but no professional team put a player on the line for a direct free kick. It's only indirect free kicks within 10 yards because that is all they can do.

Back to the OP, I've scored a few free kicks but it's a bit of a roulette. Probably a good thing as we don't want a fifa where free kicks are as good as penalties.
  • marocfifa_8
    Dave2791 wrote: »

Yes it's toxic. I've seen 1 team put players on the line for a direct free kick in the past 20 years. I can't move my players to go on his goalline while he plays everyone onside. It's a cheap tactic by idiots that will do anything to win a match on a video game. Just enjoy the free kicks like everyoen else