Level 30 selection

NucksNation
4363 posts National Call-Up
edited May 2020
I’ve passed the level but have been undecided whom to select.

1- umtiti- I’ve prem militao and EPL sbc maguire. Is he an upgrade to atleast maguire?.. means replacing my RB too, I’ve DDG 92 in goal as well as Ter stegen if need to switch

2- Pedro, not sold on ayoze as rm, Pedro looks fantastic with my current set up and he will be beside Kovacic and trez.

3- gotze, don’t need him but it’s gotze, silky smooth movement and his card looks fantastic but there are players in that standard that can be purchased..

Most of you probably don’t need those players but I like their uniqueness

Who are you selecting and why?
Post edited by NucksNation on

Comments

• Zalisis
    586 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm going for Umtiti, purely because I have untradables in those other positions already for those leagues, so if first owner teams are needed again next season, my La Liga team will be better.
  • NucksNation
    Zalisis wrote: »
    I'm going for Umtiti, purely because I have untradables in those other positions already for those leagues, so if first owner teams are needed again next season, my La Liga team will be better.

That’s the thing, so many objective players are coming as mid and st. Closest to a cb we got was matheau.. I don’t think I’m forgetting anyone.

My only choice is down to Pedro or umtiti
  • Wonderfulwest
    5221 posts Big Money Move
    I think all 3 are completely under the current power curve
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    891 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm going Pedro, I'm a Chelsea fan irl.

Like you I have Perez at rm and Pedro looks like a nice upgrade, still 12k off though.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    891 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2020

Op addressed that in his post at the end.
  • NucksNation

I agree, as much as tots are here and ea has slapped icon ratings on mid level players, these cards still look fun
  • NucksNation
    I'm going Pedro, I'm a Chelsea fan irl.

Like you I have Perez at rm and Pedro looks like a nice upgrade, still 12k off though.

Makes sense for you, I’m a united fan but I don’t grudge to not select a player of a team I don’t support.. it’s a video game.

I’m sold on his 5* wf

My best RM/RW is esswein from last month, done ok job but can’t fit him anymore due to chem
  • MrMTFC
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    By the looks of it, Pedro would be best option to fit in your team and probably be an upgrade on what you already have
  • Amargaladaster26
    10718 posts Has That Special Something
    I chose Gotze.

He had 16 goals and 8 assists in 26 games as wide CAM for me, great outcome from that position for me.

Smooth dribbling af, nice finesse, great passer.

I don’t really think those players are that far behind the power curve, they are absolutely usable and can stand out unless you’re going for E2 or top100 or whatever.
  • NinthFall
    2581 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2020
    I have Götze and he's pretty much exactly what you'd describe. However if it helps in your decision making, for some reason his weak foot feels more like 3* and composure not all that high. He can miss sitters quite often. Then again I play him as a striker. Tried him as a cm and cam and I reckon he's more suited to those roles, but I have BD Özil & Bergkamp so there's no room for another cam. Even with hunter he's a tad too slow for a striker to run behind, but he does accelerate quick if you're into that kind of dribbling.

With that said, he's a ton of fun to use and what really surprised me about him is the incredibly reliable and accurate passing. And the dribbling, it's fun. And his strength helps out quite a bit
  • oldboiler
    4891 posts National Call-Up
    Gotze because he has a mask

...if you have FB Witsel then you basically have a team with Batman and Robin
  • NucksNation
    MrMTFC wrote: »
    By the looks of it, Pedro would be best option to fit in your team and probably be an upgrade on what you already have

I think so.. honestly maguire has been fantastic for me now that I’ve militao too
  • NucksNation
    I chose Gotze.

He had 16 goals and 8 assists in 26 games as wide CAM for me, great outcome from that position for me.

Smooth dribbling af, nice finesse, great passer.

I don’t really think those players are that far behind the power curve, they are absolutely usable and can stand out unless you’re going for E2 or top100 or whatever.

Just played few games with Jao Pedro as a wide cam and he’s dangerous.

One thing I’ve always feared with gotze is his physicality, like Govinco- great players but so easy to knock them on the ground
  • mypetfrog
    2319 posts Fans' Favourite
    Umtiti as a decent replacement CB when one of mine gets sent off. Oopsie.
  • NucksNation
    NinthFall wrote: »
    I have Götze and he's pretty much exactly what you'd describe. However if it helps in your decision making, for some reason his weak foot feels more like 3* and composure not all that high. He can miss sitters quite often. Then again I play him as a striker. Tried him as a cm and cam and I reckon he's more suited to those roles, but I have BD Özil & Bergkamp so there's no room for another cam. Even with hunter he's a tad too slow for a striker to run behind, but he does accelerate quick if you're into that kind of dribbling.

With that said, he's a ton of fun to use and what really surprised me about him is the incredibly reliable and accurate passing. And the dribbling, it's fun. And his strength helps out quite a bit

I don’t think he’s better than PIM trez.
    .. and you’re right, CAM/CM has been so overloaded this year and given out objective cards are mostly same positions.
  • NucksNation
    Okay.. a lot of great inputs from everyone and I really appreciate it.

I think I will go with Pedro, for reasons that; need an upgrade on RW, and as much as umtiti looks great, I’ve to swap my RB and CDM/CM to fit him in. Fernandinho tots has been fantastic and solid with casemiro..
    gotze- one of those guys that will always be a fun card but I don’t think he can fit right, I’ve witsel FB and I can’t even fit him..
  • Mike1234
    217 posts Sunday League Hero
    I had Gotze, found him unreliable, not very quick and shooting was very hot and cold, missed a lot of sitters. Passing and link up was impressive, if you use him as a cam probably a good pick. But there is way better options than him out there.
  • NucksNation
    Mike1234 wrote: »
    I had Gotze, found him unreliable, not very quick and shooting was very hot and cold, missed a lot of sitters. Passing and link up was impressive, if you use him as a cam probably a good pick. But there is way better options than him out there.

I agree; Jao Pedro!
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    I only had between Gotze and Umtiti as i gave up a Spanish or BPL team (forgoing Pedro)

Chose Umtiti to fit my Reguilon and Ter Stegen who i got red. Umtiti doing ok but have not put the shadow card on him yet. If you could get Pique, Carlos or Ramos to partner him may be solid. Also french is easier to link with others, Konate, Lucas Hernadez, etc

I didn't choose Gotze ultimately because there are many good German or Bundesliga players who can do that CAM / CF role. Havertz, Muller, Coutinho, Reus, etc. Only consolation is it would be free

• WS100889
    365 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think i will go for umtiti as i like the look of his defence and physical stats , plus he will fit nicely into my la liga team , french team and not particularly in my main (premier league) team ( although i might have him on the bench for my premier league team as super sub in defence if one of my defenders receives a yellow card , gets injured or becomes pretty fatigued), but will probably also use him in my current squad aswell though.
  • AlbayrakM
    490 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 2020
    Unfortunately at this level all will be useless.

I got Umtiti but he will be a sbc fodder.
  • DannySTFC
    8293 posts League Winner
    Took Umtiti. Pedro wouldn’t fit my team nor be good enough to make the team. I have untradable TOTS Havertz and Götze just looks a worse version of him. So that left Umtiti, who I can strong link to TOTS de Jong and TOTS Ter Stegen. Played a couple rivals games with him and he felt fine, never judge a player until after a full champs weekend though so can’t comment on him yet.
  • hiya
    2007 posts Fans' Favourite
    AlbayrakM wrote: »

thinking same.
    didnt know whether pedro would be better for chemistry reasons (when doing SBCs) though.
  • NucksNation
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    I only had between Gotze and Umtiti as i gave up a Spanish or BPL team (forgoing Pedro)

Chose Umtiti to fit my Reguilon and Ter Stegen who i got red. Umtiti doing ok but have not put the shadow card on him yet. If you could get Pique, Carlos or Ramos to partner him may be solid. Also french is easier to link with others, Konate, Lucas Hernadez, etc

I didn't choose Gotze ultimately because there are many good German or Bundesliga players who can do that CAM / CF role. Havertz, Muller, Coutinho, Reus, etc. Only consolation is it would be free

I already have militao and Reguilon, tots Ter stegen but doesn’t get in as I’ve 92 moments ddg, umiti isn’t an upgrade on militao or maguire.

gotze is one that can be purchased as any German currently in the market
  • NucksNation
    AlbayrakM wrote: »

For most yes, I’m sure Pedro will be in my bench as I’m short RW
  • Wooly1203
    3454 posts National Call-Up
    Sounds like Pedro would make the most sense for you