Paulinho extinct at 950k

Clancy
8484 posts League Winner
Never thought I'd see the day when a Chinese league card is extinct at that price. Goes to show how easy it is to hybrid cards in these days

Has anyone tried him? I figured he'd be like 400k and was excited to try, but now idk

Comments

• 16Townley90
    1164 posts Professional
    His FB was amazing for me so I'd assume this card will be great but not that money
  • Blackpoolmonster
    4632 posts National Call-Up
    Clancy wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day when a Chinese league card is extinct at that price. Goes to show how easy it is to hybrid cards in these days

Has anyone tried him? I figured he'd be like 400k and was excited to try, but now idk

It's not hard to hybrid with Brazilians. Tbf his card looks sensational forgetting his nationality.
  • FinEverton
    981 posts Professional
    Hope that I can get one this weekend
  • CustardHippo
    3044 posts National Call-Up
    I still use his FB card and it still does the job, so imagine that this juices version is even better. Links in easy too, especially as a lot will be using Neymar, Telles, Sandro, Militao, Carlos etc and then you have the TOTSSF attackers in CSL like Johnathan and Teixeira.
  • ozcs_69
    4464 posts National Call-Up
    over hyped, will have a big fall in price soon
  • jonkero
    7161 posts Big Money Move
    His stats are insane, on Gullit level. Plus quite easy to link since he's Brazilian.

He will be a welcome red pick :)
  • SimenHP
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    6429182bc23f3b5a7636fada773212d6.png
    Only thing Paulinho is better at are finishing and pace
  • jonkero
    edited May 2020
    SimenHP wrote: »

Plus that perfect link to hulk 😉

High / high work rates does him good as well, plus agility & balance is better.

Do agree the price difference is a tad large
  • Amargaladaster26
    10372 posts Has That Special Something
    jonkero wrote: »

He has perfect link to Talisca only, not Hulk.
  • Bakudu76
    3122 posts National Call-Up

Look at the ingamestats. Paulinho looks like a proper poor man's PIM gullit. Also finishing is way more than 7 face stats suggest. Also only 3* weakfoot on gabriel.
  • jonkero
    jonkero wrote: »

He has perfect link to Talisca only, not Hulk.

Ah my bad
  • hiya
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2020
    Clancy wrote: »

i thought that the other.
    on other versions had to sometimes have a lesser known card in a different position to get a certain player on full chem.
    get random players going for decent coins.
    or people would hope a low card got an alright upgrade / IF.

boring af now.
  • SimenHP
    3336 posts National Call-Up
    Bakudu76 wrote: »

Look at the ingamestats. Paulinho looks like a proper poor man's PIM gullit. Also finishing is way more than 7 face stats suggest. Also only 3* weakfoot on gabriel.

I would say tots SMS is the poor man PIM GULLIT. Only thing that stands out between those two is Gullit 18 more balance, but neither Paulinho or SMS will play close too Gullit anyway, even his mid version always plays better than every other cm on the game.
  • CustardHippo
    Bakudu76 wrote: »

Gabriel has 5* WF, 3* SM though.

There is something about him though, his FB card just performed time after time even when it should have been dated. It's a bit like, say, NIF Gomez and co. They have something that just, makes them work. Paulinho is like that. His card will play like the crazy stats suggest, rather than some of these that look insane but you use them and wonder if they have a wooden leg.
  • 16Townley90
    1164 posts Professional
    So many cards have Gullit esque stats and never come close
  • jonkero
    So many cards have Gullit esque stats and never come close

Tbf paulinhos fb card was already quality so this is definitely a really good card. He'll probably not be on gullits level but gullit is also even more expensive
  • DannySTFC
    6794 posts Big Money Move
    Speaking of Talisca, had a few informs this year and surely CSL TOTS isn’t that hard to get into, does that mean he’s probably going to get an SBC?
  • Amargaladaster26
    10372 posts Has That Special Something
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Speaking of Talisca, had a few informs this year and surely CSL TOTS isn’t that hard to get into, does that mean he’s probably going to get an SBC?

He had one IF, the other was TOTWM.
  • Jdizzle
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Looks like a good card but 950k seems a bit outrageous.
  • DannySTFC
    6794 posts Big Money Move

Fair enough, it felt like he had 2-3 I must have have just remembered the moments card, would have been a nice TOTS.
  • CustardHippo

Fair enough, it felt like he had 2-3 I must have have just remembered the moments card, would have been a nice TOTS.

I think the TOTSSF is based on the 2019 season that ran March to December, which would put him outside the top 15 for goals scored and top 10 for assists :/ I am desperately hoping he appears as an SBC as I was hoping he would be the League SBC addition :(
  • Zambo9
    6110 posts Big Money Move

I think the TOTSSF is based on the 2019 season that ran March to December, which would put him outside the top 15 for goals scored and top 10 for assists :/ I am desperately hoping he appears as an SBC as I was hoping he would be the League SBC addition :(

He played only 18 games and scored 10 goal as midfielder, let’s hope he gets one, I’ve used his card all last year and this year until December, sadly he is not really metà atm
  • NinthFall
    2481 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2020
    His FB was amazing for me so I'd assume this card will be great but not that money

It was as stiff as a steel pipe. I assume his totssf is about as stiff with the same characteristics.

950k is about 850k too much
  • kraid
    7156 posts Big Money Move
    NinthFall wrote: »

It was as stiff as a steel pipe. I assume his totssf is about as stiff with the same characteristics.

Each to their own. I loved the fb and will be picking up the totssf for the weekend
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class

Don't you use a bunch of nifs in your team and hover around D9? With all the respect in the world, if someone couldn't get a tune out the FB, I suspect that's more down to the user than anything.
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up

If I wanted another player who delays 2 seconds before making a pass I'd buy 950k paulinho. Until then I'll stare at his fb card wishing he was good.
  • 4dvz
    788 posts Semi-Pro
    I thought he could be my endgame midfielder but geez you guys think he wont be that good? If not will be a letdown
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not being funny, but the mode is called Ultimate Team. At the start of the game would have you have said to yourself you would buy Paulinho in May for close to 1m? I mean c'mon! Paulinho! He wouldn't even make his mamas Ultimate Team.

Spend the coin on say a PIM ADP or Nedved instead. You'll have much more fun.
  • starfox1284
    3182 posts National Call-Up
    Mentioning Gabriel and Paulinho as equals or even insinuating that Gabriel is even close to Paulinho is a travesty. This is the year that the stats mean little to nothing, you have to play with the cards in-game to see who is better and Paulinho is clearly the winner by a country mile.
  • NinthFall
    2481 posts National Call-Up
    Ishibum wrote: »

Don't you use a bunch of nifs in your team and hover around D9? With all the respect in the world, if someone couldn't get a tune out the FB, I suspect that's more down to the user than anything.

No?

His FB was widely regarded as a disappointing card