Do you create a new team for objectives?

Turkey_man
489 posts An Exciting Prospect
Or do you use your main/best team and sub on?

I almost always create a new team just to do each objective. It seems more fun this way and in the spirit of the game. It's good to try out different players and often makes you appreciate your stars more!

Can be frustrating using slow defenders against TOTS players though!!!

Comments

• Batman442
    5985 posts Big Money Move
    Depends on the objective, sometimes you can get two or three done with one team
  • NucksNation
    4321 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve a team called Objectives. My opponent can see the team name and know it too. Plus I don’t have to move my entire team around.

Also have a team called friendlies with all loan icons :)
  • DannySTFC
    7597 posts League Winner
    Create a new squad usually with my best defence and keeper then the attackers will be whatever the objective requires, certain leagues/nations etc.
  • Turkey_man
    489 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Does the opponent see your team name? I thought it was just club name.

Sometimes I will just use my main team and drop a player in if it is suitable and time is short. Like getting that Mathieu objective done, I just used Fekir in my normal team.

I sometimes go to great lengths setting one up then doing a fitness team to rotate for other objectives or SBCs. Definitely over complicate it!
  • NucksNation
    4321 posts National Call-Up
    Turkey_man wrote: »
    Does the opponent see your team name? I thought it was just club name.

Sometimes I will just use my main team and drop a player in if it is suitable and time is short. Like getting that Mathieu objective done, I just used Fekir in my normal team.

I sometimes go to great lengths setting one up then doing a fitness team to rotate for other objectives or SBCs. Definitely over complicate it!

Not sure if they do, I haven’t paid attention to be honest, I know last year I did the same and worked wonders also, people knew and they skipped celebration or no shshhing atleast.
  • Jesusdinho
    887 posts Semi-Pro
    Usually put together a squad of whatever I have in my club. Been a pain in the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 lately with sweaty tots squads left and right.
  • CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    I throw together a team for the objective
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    Try and aim for a low 80's team rating using standard gold OP players + untradeables of the ones you need. Build around 2 icons that you should have by now, bronze bench.
  • DannySTFC
    7597 posts League Winner
    Kobayashi wrote: »
    Try and aim for a low 80's team rating using standard gold OP players + untradeables of the ones you need. Build around 2 icons that you should have by now, bronze bench.

Why do people still bronze bench? Doesn’t do anything
  • Ledesale
    537 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I usually use one of my first owner icon swap teams and modify them to complete objectives. For the joao pedro I'm using my first owner serie a team and I just threw in Jo and romarihno on the bench, once I do the goal and assist with serie a players I'll sub them on to try and do the goal with Brazilians.
  • Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Depends what you need to complete obviously.

I have a good few icons so usually I just put the 2 or 3 players I need to complete and fill the rest with mostly icons.
  • rikstar
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have been able to create an objectives team for all major leagues and nations through grinding the game. Don't play WL so this is what i do with my time.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    I’d create a team around the current objective
  • LiamSully
    7985 posts League Winner
    Team of special cards for all top 5 leagues and a few other specials from the lesser leagues

Puzzles me when I see a bunch of NIFs or out of position cards, obviously doing objectives, especially at this stage of the game
  • JimNoShoes
    1047 posts Professional
    Normally have 2 players needed for objectives in starting line up and a.ternate then in both first team and fitness team, boosting just their fitness. Just had gold mertens and otw lukaka for the serie a objective. Was quite painful, lukaku was terrible, but as soon they scored / assisted got them off, managed to get the 8 done fairly quick..,
  • Kobayashi
    465 posts Sunday League Hero
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Kobayashi wrote: »

Why do people still bronze bench? Doesn’t do anything
    84 team less chance of pairing with 92 rated, but you may meet a pro who is also bronze benching, not so much now everyone got 90 teams minimum