Rivals Placement

stevedaytona
59 posts Park Captain
So, I know I am not a good player but I enjoy it so that's fine. I just played my first placement match in Rivals and yeah, as expected, I got beaten......1-9!

Does everyone on Rivals have a team of 90+ In Forms? And is everyone that crazy good?

It was 6-0 at half time so I was just happy I kept it to single figures and scored a goal!

Comments

• RadioShaq
    20258 posts Moderator
    It’s pretty late in the year so a lot are going to have good teams.
  • stevedaytona
    59 posts Park Captain
    Yeah i get that....I'm late to the party ;)

Ended up losing all my placement matches and am in Division 9.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    870 posts Semi-Pro
    edited May 2020
    So u are +- in same div as 80% others 😃
  • Bayaeraking408
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    So u are +- in same div as 80% others 😃

Welcome to the party 🎉
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rivals for olny tier 4 gods
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rivals for muppets or rivals for if you want an easy life
  • Retropoe82
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rivals for the weak
  • Hugoku
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    How are you faring in div 9?

I just did my placement matches last week because I really wanted Sabitzer. I'm done with it now. (Joao Pedro looks nice but I don't care much for Serie A)

I ended up in Division 8. I think i'm 40%/60% W-L.

I've had no issues at all playing but I did see a pattern where I would get a god team, and a normal team.

Those would be winnable but I usually tied or lost due to screw ups of mine. Hard to adjust to the sluggishness after playing SB exclusively for a long time!

• Gromit
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    Every week there are at least 2 objective players. Most of us get relegated doing these whether we mean to or not. My true division is 6 maybe 5. But I'm currently 8 almost 9 due to doing all these objective players. Its just hard to maintain wins when you have to score with players you don't want to use or from a cross etc.

All my teams are 90 to 92 rated.
  • Grahammbe2
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    So, I know I am not a good player but I enjoy it so that's fine. I just played my first placement match in Rivals and yeah, as expected, I got beaten......1-9!

Does everyone on Rivals have a team of 90+ In Forms? And is everyone that crazy good?

It was 6-0 at half time so I was just happy I kept it to single figures and scored a goal!

Try playing slower that helps
  • stevedaytona
    59 posts Park Captain
    Hugoku wrote: »
    How are you faring in div 9?

I just did my placement matches last week because I really wanted Sabitzer. I'm done with it now. (Joao Pedro looks nice but I don't care much for Serie A)

I ended up in Division 8. I think i'm 40%/60% W-L.

I've had no issues at all playing but I did see a pattern where I would get a god team, and a normal team.

Those would be winnable but I usually tied or lost due to screw ups of mine. Hard to adjust to the sluggishness after playing SB exclusively for a long time!

Bad!

Somehow, i won my first match 3-1. He had a few bronze players but also had Pele but fortunately for me he couldn't score.

5 straight defeats since then. Just played & lost 1-7 - my worst defeat since the placement matches. I don't think he was Division 9 standard.

So not sure there is any point playing Rivals if my opponents are so much better than me.

My skill rating was originally 217 - now 114. Division 10 beckons.
  • Hugoku
    1483 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 2020
    Yeah, getting those 8 wins for Sabitzer was a real pain. I tried playing some more but can't get my players to react in any meaningful way. I manage to score one or two goals, but mostly get 3 or 4 in return.

Still have not dropped to Div 9, but pretty close to.

It is definitely not worth the stress :pensive:

• stevedaytona
    59 posts Park Captain
    Hugoku wrote: »
    Yeah, getting those 8 wins for Sabitzer was a real pain. I tried playing some more but can't get my players to react in any meaningful way. I manage to score one or two goals, but mostly get 3 or 4 in return.

Still have not dropped to Div 9, but pretty close to.

It is definitely not worth the stress :pensive:

I was hoping to be in a place where I could play someone at my skill level - where I might win or I might lose but at least feel there is a possibility of it going either way (based on team ratings or playing well or poorly on the day).

50% of my 6 games have been cases where my chances of winning was approximately zero such was the difference in ability. I don't think that should be happening in Division 9!