Ping ?

So I just learned what this is. I didn’t pay attention before so the lower the ping the better the connection ? Whats acceptable to have a good game and is it ur intern that determines ur ping ?

Comments

• CosmicFuzz
    839 posts Semi-Pro
    In FIFA it counts for very little it's all a bit of a mess!
    The gold standard for online gaming is below 20ms with little to no jitter.
    In reality anything below 60ms is generally playable.
    Your ping is down to the quality of your line, your ISP and to a lesser extent your router.
    You should also be wired to your router and not using wifi.
  • Oh thanks for the information I notice mine is never higher than 60 but never lower than 40 don’t have my Xbox wired need to. Hey cable to wire it
  • NornIron
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    For most games its better to have wired but for fifa god knows, wired usually fixes speedup lag, nothing fixes delay.
  • NornIron wrote: »
    For most games its better to have wired but for fifa god knows, wired usually fixes speedup lag, nothing fixes delay.

When I notice delay is on my side or opponent gets it too so annoying when I’m attack or defending n that happens
  • gregsii
    953 posts Semi-Pro
    You can have 'pregame' a ping of 10 but when you're actually playing it feels more like 300. This is not an exaggeration.

Basically the ping counter that EA added about two months ago means diddly squat.
  • gregsii wrote: »
    You can have 'pregame' a ping of 10 but when you're actually playing it feels more like 300. This is not an exaggeration.

Basically the ping counter that EA added about two months ago means diddly squat.

😧
  • Counts very little. I played on mobile data with 230 ms ping and it wasn't any different with 34 ping on WiFi at home. The gameplay was bad as usual.

Ping meter doesn't prove anything or has any effect in the gameplay. If the servers are bad, you're done for.
  • gregsii
    953 posts Semi-Pro
    Counts very little. I played on mobile data with 230 ms ping and it wasn't any different with 34 ping on WiFi at home. The gameplay was bad as usual.

Ping meter doesn't prove anything or has any effect in the gameplay. If the servers are bad, you're done for.

I did the same while on 4g. Ping was 20 again though and gameplay still gash.
  • gregsii wrote: »
    Counts very little. I played on mobile data with 230 ms ping and it wasn't any different with 34 ping on WiFi at home. The gameplay was bad as usual.

I did the same while on 4g. Ping was 20 again though and gameplay still gash.

Wow so there’s no hope at all really wished that EA invested some of that fifa points money on better servers
  • tommyh10
    878 posts Professional
    Sorry to draw this thread up from the mud but im trying to finish my WL games and my ping wont go lower than 200!

From what I can see my internet connection is no different to normal and ive never had this before. Ive just had to rage quit my first ever WL game because it just kept stopping and starting.

Is ping all on me (as in is there something I can do) or is it determined by external factors?

Thanks
  • Delvinho
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    My ping is regularly 14 and I still have atrocious gameplay. I’m not one for tin foil hats but I’m beginning to believe it’s built into the game at this point
  • sparky123
    341 posts Sunday League Hero
    My ping is around 30ms and I play WiFi. Tried wired and the ping was around 15ms but the gameplay was exactly the same. I’ve tried playing on mobile 4G and got a ping of 75ms and again, the gameplay was exactly the same
  • OZero
    6863 posts Big Money Move
    Always under 8