How to Make Space for a Shot?

very_n00b
26 posts Last Pick at the Park
I've seen opposing strikers, when they receive a pass with their backs towards goal (and my CB behind them), quickly shift the ball slightly to the side (just beyond my CB's reach), do a quick u-turn, then take a shot.

How do they do this?

When my striker receives the ball in such a scenario, usually, any movement results in the opposing CB nicking the ball away.

And for my defender, how do I defend against this? (firstly, how do I even get my CB to tightly mark the striker that tightly (i've tried aggressive interception, conservative interception, doesn't seem to make a difference... none seem to work), then when my CB does mark close enough, somehow, the striker can easily make space and shoot.) some of the goals I've conceded are downright hilarious, it's like the CB doesn't even want to move and defend properly...

Comments

• Double_D
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pretty sure it’s a scoop turn (fake shot) but I can’t pull it off. I’m a longtime off-line player that has recently started playing online and every time I try this I just end up launching the ball. Hard to go from very responsive gameplay to playing online.
  • Icarium
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    The key to fake shot turn is do it immediately after releasing the pass button. I tend to hold the sprint button and flick the right stick in the direction I want to take the touch then blast, but then again I suck lol
  • number7rocky
    5909 posts Big Money Move
    Drag back
  • very_n00b
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Drag back

no not really.

I mean, I have a problem defending against dragbacks too (i have problem defending anything that moves the ball slightly faster...)

but in this case, it is more like a turn. something that we do see in real football more often...
  • Phinnonymous
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 25
    The trick for this is very simple. In the first moment of receiving the ball just do nothing, then flick your control stick for a 90°-180° turn and then in the direction you want. If your opponent is really close to you, you can do the dragback and if he has a little bit of distance, you can deceive him or her with this move.
    Edit: Of course, this move is harder with less agile players or when the servers are bad.
  • nightscrawler
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The trick for this is very simple. In the first moment of receiving the ball just do nothing, then flick your control stick for a 90°-180° turn and then in the direction you want. If your opponent is really close to you, you can do the dragback and if he has a little bit of distance, you can deceive him or her with this move.
    Edit: Of course, this move is harder with less agile players or when the servers are bad.

Yeah. I noted some players love to do this. Just do nothing and wait for opponents to come up and then do the flicks.