New Engine? Start From Scratch?

TeamExtreme17
2829 posts Fans' Favourite
Is anyone else thinking the same for PS5? Its either that or i think we need a new Dev Team, or both..

Comments

• Kobayashi
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly why I am not getting FIFA 2 on ps4, has to be brand new on ps5, or it will just be the same BS
  • Bonusb3rtie
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It would be silly of EA to break a successful formula. Clearly, for every person that complains on here there are many many MANY more who are playing it at home happily and will buy it next year.

If you want a flawless game, then dont choose to play Fifa, because no game is perfect and the next 30 Fifa's will have aspects which people will still complain about.

This is something that people need to come to terms with instead of wasting time demanding unrealistic things or getting themselves overly stressed about.
  • Kobayashi wrote: »
    Exactly why I am not getting FIFA 2 on ps4, has to be brand new on ps5, or it will just be the same BS

same. ive already made up my mind that if i buy Fifa 21 at all it will only be for PS5.
  • Kobayashi
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Exactly why I am not getting FIFA 21 on ps4, has to be brand new on ps5, ps5 will be 100 times more faster as it's SSD, I don't think however the current problems of button delay, lag, your team playing different will EVER be solved for Online play
  • marktko
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    It does need to start from scratch. Rediscover what was lost the last few years ago.

I will try pes again next year I always do. But a lack of licence is a major deterrent.

Go back to the drawing board his idea.... But can't see it
  • TeamExtreme17
    2829 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kobayashi wrote: »

same. ive already made up my mind that if i buy Fifa 21 at all it will only be for PS5.

Apparantly if you get it on PS4 you get the PS5 version for free anyway, i might buy it on PS4 then sell my PS4 Pro to put towards a PS5 pre-order, and i will get the PS5 version of Fifa 21 for free.
  • Pwalie86
    1444 posts Professional
    Yea I was going to wait until November or when XSX console releases to get Fifa 21, but with Smart Delivery system in place I'll buy it for XB1 in September. The upgrade should be quite noticeable.

New engine or not, we have 19 days left until all is revealed at EA Play.

Though I feel they'll stick to the same engine even though there's so many problems as it was EA's vision to have everything running on 1 engine. I think we all want to see some jawdropping visuals, but that Madden 21 trailer looked pish so my expectations have come crashing back down.

I will be really annoyed if they add another game mode as they really need to up their game with career mode amongst other things. Vapex Karma did mention some voice actor had done some work on Fifa 21 a while back. Oh and we obviously can't expect career mode news until at least July if they do the deep dive again which was quite good.
  • Mackie17
    7386 posts League Winner
    I'd love a new game engine, think 2022 is more likely
  • Master110
    1039 posts Professional
    FIFA ON ps5 will be on a new engine with same gameplay like it was ps3 to ps4
  • Pwalie86
    1444 posts Professional
    Master110 wrote: »
    FIFA ON ps5 will be on a new engine with same gameplay like it was ps3 to ps4

Nah I think they're sticking with Frostbite and even if they went with Unreal Engine 5 then we'd have to wait until next year as UE5 doesn't release until then.

Last year they teased new things coming to Frostbite next-gen with that crazy hair tech demo. So Frostbite is here to stay.

I still think even with PS5/XSX this year, it will look nicer, but it's not going to really 'wow' everyone. Madden 21 pretty much looks exactly the same so Fifa is no exception.

• Ballsantini
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It would be silly of EA to break a successful formula. Clearly, for every person that complains on here there are many many MANY more who are playing it at home happily and will buy it next year.

If you want a flawless game, then dont choose to play Fifa, because no game is perfect and the next 30 Fifa's will have aspects which people will still complain about.

This is something that people need to come to terms with instead of wasting time demanding unrealistic things or getting themselves overly stressed about.

Dude, no. Look at metacritic ratings. Use is down, even my own personal sample size of my friends group no one is playing this game anymore. Im not buying fifa 21, neither are they. That wouldve been unheard of in years past, we have moved on.

The entire community thinks this game is a joke, the minority are people thatre happy. Thats why pros crap on it and even game reviewers have updating their grades on fifa 20. Its a travesty.

And also statistically if there are more negative posts than positive, you can extrapolate the meaning. While there are certainly people that howl at the moon, when there are multiple new threads titled “fifa 20 gameplay is a catastrophe” per day for 9 months, something is clearly wrong.