Icon's that should be better (incorrect stats).

Comments

• Jackadinho
    1923 posts Play-Off Hero
    Should make gold cards 85-88 rated max at the start of the game. Icons stand out more for majority of the game cycle which they should and then the end game promos is where you give the gold players 92+ cards so you don’t end up with 3 versions of a 97 Messi etc
  • EddieFicio
    22477 posts Club Captain
    Jackadinho wrote: »
    Should make gold cards 85-88 rated max at the start of the game. Icons stand out more for majority of the game cycle which they should and then the end game promos is where you give the gold players 92+ cards so you don’t end up with 3 versions of a 97 Messi etc

But messi on his "base" level is better than most of the icons in their primes and the game should reflect that, rating wise.
  • EquinoxShane
    953 posts Semi-Pro
    Best - change his work rates. Improve his defending, passing and physicality on his cards.
  • Mackie17
    8459 posts League Winner

Yeah I think they need to tone down alot of NIFs OVR it's silly how many 99s there are. Absolutele nobodies with max shooting making icons who scored hundreds look average.
  • cdbuck26
    3806 posts National Call-Up
    I definitely think that NIF vs icons need to be readjusted, but even if they got all the icons right there's still so many issues with not being able to use fantastic players that have unusable cards in this game, for example Busquets, Pique, Fernandinho, David Silva, etc.
    The fact that EA needs to release special cards of top players to make them usable in the first place is criminal.
  • ccooaattssyy
    11840 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »

But messi on his "base" level is better than most of the icons in their primes and the game should reflect that, rating wise.

Messi is a better dribbler than most icons, he should definitely be better in that category and the same applies to current players against icons.

I think they just need to be fairer to certain icons in certain stat areas to be honest. Minor changes can change the effectiveness of some cards significantly.
  • Jovand1988
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 22
    Owen is far too slow , Henry ALL versions need their balance/agility increase by like 20 , Trezeguet needs his balance upped by 35 along with agility.

Nesta Baresi Moore etc ( ALL ICON defenders tbh) pace upgrade Puyol pace upgrade and a noticable passing upgrade.
    Its criminal Giggs isnt 4 star skills and atleast 3* WF
    PIM MVB SHOULD be top 2 strikers in game
    First 3 Kaka cards

Never ever ever should ANY sub 90 rated gold defender be even close to any of the above defenders.
    And I agree stamina for all and thats just from the top of my head

Oh and Roberto Carlos sure 3* WF and 4*skills?

oh and the worst of the worst for an attacking ICON Butra not being 4* skills? lol glad I saw that comment
  • Jovand1988
    374 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gold Messi Gold CR7 are fine to be better then ALL icons imo for their respective positions.
    When PIM and PRIME icons cards are compared they should be better then Gold versions of Messi and CR7
    (icons like Cruyff Ziziou R9 MVB ) not PIM Prime icon versions of Vieiri Trezeguet Owen etc

Messi and CR7 are icons anyway and imo 2/4 best players ever period and if you think messi is 1 your right and if you think CR7 is first you are right.
  • McRaven
    5893 posts Big Money Move
    Besides Messi and Ronaldo there's not that many NIFs deserving of a 90+ imo. Icon ratings are more forgiving in the sense that a Prime should be based on several seasons. Like Ronaldinho taken over his entire career might not be the highest level, but in his prime years he was untouchable.
  • DeanoZoff
    4728 posts National Call-Up
    Ian Wright having only a 3* weak foot is madness.

Coming from a Spurs fan
  • ccooaattssyy
    I’d be happy if van Basten became more like TOTS Suarez.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Why doesn’t Baggio have 99 free kicks? :trollface:

If you know, you know!
  • DougInskip
    7672 posts League Winner
    85-B03-B37-655-F-4-BD5-B00-B-43-F672-FBF14-E.jpg
    6-C1-CDB9-C-7692-4-F92-8-D2-B-61-CCBD410-A60.jpg

Both should be as OP as there big dreaded friend
  • jpsblue
    5430 posts Big Money Move
    just give us Gazza next year please and i will make my first ever RTG (Road to Gazza)

PES just added Gazza as a legend
  • Milanista28
    1470 posts Professional
    Prime and PIM Kaka should have 99 pace, fastest player I have seen with the ball at his feet.
  • NattoPatrol
    185 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Gerrard prime should have at least 95 penalties and much better defending stats, Henry at arsenal should have at least 75 balance and basically any version of Roberto Carlos deserves much higher dribbling, he was way better at going past people than Marcelo for example.
  • NattoPatrol
    eyedea wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Owen is overrated and doesn't deserve an icon card? He was very good for Liverpool, but after he went to real it went only downhill from there.

What I want to see rotate more icons add the likes of Beckenbaur, Davids, Lahm, Etoo, Milla and Xavi.
    Remove icons as nakata, Owen, Barnes (there are more iconic players as Charlton)

Also some players need boosts not to be meta, but to be representing. Seedorf needs higher defending. Hagi 5 star skills and wf. Stoixhkov needs more pace and skills. Gullit doesn't need 5 wf. R9, Cruijff and Nesta needs higher balance. Deco, figo and rui Costa need boosts. Finally puyol needs higher passing, pace and dribllinf.

I think Owen is a very strange man, but from the age of 17 to 22/23 he was one of the best strikers in the world. There are icons in this game a lot less deserving of icon status than Owen. Barnes was also a terrific player.

Also take out Barnes and owen and give an icon card to roger milla !?

Milla isn't indeed the best example, but he is a icon for a lot of Africans. I used to live in Tanzania and he gave so many youngsters hope. George Weah was of course a better African icon until he went into politics. Maybe Yaya toure deserves even more one.

Owen is indeed a strange case, but I can understand they gave him a card. Yet, I wouldn't for the simple fact after Liverpool he wasn't the player he used to be. Tevez, Rooney, Robin van Persie, Torres are in my opinion more iconic, even though they haven't won the golden ball.

For me Kevin Keagan and Bobby Charlton are more iconic than Barnes. As I feel there must be a max amount of icons, as icons should be rare to some extent. I hope they will rotate these guys with Barnes. This argument can also be used for Overmars.
    Barnes is way more deserving than most icon wingers. Best was good but a massive ball hog that couldn’t pass at all and Nedved is the least talented player to ever win ballon d’or. So lucky he was playing in a slow paced era because today he would be the equivalent to Vitolo/Sarabia/Shaqiri. He is a watered down version of Ribery. Criminal that he won ballon d’or over Henry.
  • Heppers
    3446 posts National Call-Up
    You just know players like Xavi will be Icons on the next FIFA, which should be exciting, but instead they'll be as useless as Scholes' Icon cards.
  • Finesse_4days
    10226 posts Has That Special Something
    Owen should be much better on Fifa, I used his moments card in draft and he is very poor, he has no turn of pace when in reality he should feel Mbappe fast, his agility is completely fraudulent he feels robotic when dribbling where as someone like Ben yedder or Dalglish can turn a lot better, also his shot is nothing special when he should be very clinical. All English icon strikers are garbage on Fifa unfortunately.
  • BernardLerring
    416 posts Sunday League Hero
    Am I the only one who thinks Owen is overrated and doesn't deserve an icon card? He was very good for Liverpool, but after he went to real it went only downhill from there.

What I want to see rotate more icons add the likes of Beckenbaur, Davids, Lahm, Etoo, Milla and Xavi.
    Remove icons as nakata, Owen, Barnes (there are more iconic players as Charlton)

Also some players need boosts not to be meta, but to be representing. Seedorf needs higher defending. Hagi 5 star skills and wf. Stoixhkov needs more pace and skills. Gullit doesn't need 5 wf. R9, Cruijff and Nesta needs higher balance. Deco, figo and rui Costa need boosts. Finally puyol needs higher passing, pace and dribllinf.

I think Owen is a very strange man, but from the age of 17 to 22/23 he was one of the best strikers in the world. There are icons in this game a lot less deserving of icon status than Owen. Barnes was also a terrific player.

Milla isn't indeed the best example, but he is a icon for a lot of Africans. I used to live in Tanzania and he gave so many youngsters hope. George Weah was of course a better African icon until he went into politics. Maybe Yaya toure deserves even more one.

Owen is indeed a strange case, but I can understand they gave him a card. Yet, I wouldn't for the simple fact after Liverpool he wasn't the player he used to be. Tevez, Rooney, Robin van Persie, Torres are in my opinion more iconic, even though they haven't won the golden ball.

For me Kevin Keagan and Bobby Charlton are more iconic than Barnes. As I feel there must be a max amount of icons, as icons should be rare to some extent. I hope they will rotate these guys with Barnes. This argument can also be used for Overmars.
    Barnes is way more deserving than most icon wingers. Best was good but a massive ball hog that couldn’t pass at all and Nedved is the least talented player to ever win ballon d’or. So lucky he was playing in a slow paced era because today he would be the equivalent to Vitolo/Sarabia/Shaqiri. He is a watered down version of Ribery. Criminal that he won ballon d’or over Henry.

Nedved the equivalent of vitolo or shaqiri hahahahahahah
  • Flamstead
    3404 posts National Call-Up

Behave 🤡
  • NattoPatrol

Behave 🤡

Nedved profile picture, standard. He’s a bum. Giovinco is better than him.
  • NattoPatrol

All amazing dribblers and passers with very little pace. Don’t see the huge difference you’re making out.
  • jpsblue
    edited June 14

All amazing dribblers and passers with very little pace. Don’t see the huge difference you’re making out.

imagine thinking shaqiri/vitolo/sarabia's dribbling and passing is almost equal of what Nedved's was.

this is a comment i expected in GD, not here. absolutely clueless football knowledge
  • NattoPatrol
    jpsblue wrote: »

imagine thinking shaqiri/vitolo/sarabia's dribbling and passing is almost equal of what Nedved's was.

this is a comment i expected in GD, not here. absolutely clueless football knowledge
    It’s exactly the same if you take nostalgia out of the picture. Show me a Nedved goal that’s better than Vitolo dribbling past the entire Real Madrid defence about two years ago in pre season.
  • Flamstead
    3404 posts National Call-Up
    No point @jpsblue. Man's talking about a goal in pre-season 😂
  • Diggy
    14725 posts Has That Special Something
    edited June 14
    jpsblue wrote: »

It’s exactly the same if you take nostalgia out of the picture. Show me a Nedved goal that’s better than Vitolo dribbling past the entire Real Madrid defence about two years ago in pre season.

Lol pre season
  • jpsblue
    No point @jpsblue. Man's talking about a goal in pre-season 😂

i remember when we bought David Bentley for 15m and he scored 2 goals against Roma in our final pre season game. he wasn't the next beckham like i thought he was going to be. just like Vitolo being a better modern Nedved because of a pre-season goal against real madrid :D
  • AznSW
    1781 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shane wrote: »
    Henry’s balance should be better

This. His balance being lower than 90 is a joke.
  • Daveofwales01
    8445 posts League Winner
    Give me a usable Eric Cantona and you can do what you want with the rest