Icon's that should be better (incorrect stats).

ccooaattssyy
11841 posts Has That Special Something
EA over the last year or so do seem to be getting better with regards to Icon stats, with most of the new batch not being too bad and generally giving a representation of the player they are supposed to be of.

However, some of the older cards seem to have been neglected, even on their new moments cards. As such, which icons do you feel have been butchered and how could they be improved?

For me, one of their biggest culprits of this is Baresi, across all 4 cards.

On his 94 card (moments), he has:

68 Acceleration, 78 Sprint Speed.
However, he was very fast covering ground in reality, with excellent acceleration. I think a much higher acceleration is easily warranted, with his overall pace being around 80-82. His lower cards to be adjusted accordingly.

59 Dribbling. This really brings his dribbling stat down (to 75) and is not very justified. He was superb at bringing the ball out from the back with great technique into the midfield. I would increase this to around 75.

The rest of his stats are broadly accurate.

Another example of this would be Nesta across all 4 cards.

76 Acceleration, 73 Sprint Speed. He was known throughout his career for exception pace where required, this should easily be a bit higher. 82 Acceleration & Spring Speed would be "fair."

40 Agility, 54 Balance. These two are just complete nonsense, why kill a card in this way? He was easily one exceptional agile and a fantastic one on one defender. I would put him slightly lower than Maldini in this area, with around 65 Agility & 69 Balance.

Who else needs some love from EA?

I appreciate that not all icons are made equal, but Nesta (in his finest period) shouldn't be worse than most gold cards. Crazy.

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    I will add that some icons (such as Scholes) will simply never be good in this game unless they noticeably keep the ball better than Sissokho.
  • Diggy
    14725 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 19
    Sadly Baresi hasn’t been useable since FIFA 17 sane with Bobby Moore but his last useable card was 15
  • ccooaattssyy
    edited May 19
    Diggy wrote: »
    Sadly Baresi hasn’t been useable since FIFA 17 sane with Bobby Moore but his last useable card was 15

Bobby Moore is a scandalous card for pace lol. Sweeper with 68 pace, things you love to see. He should be spectacular.
  • Diggy
    14725 posts Has That Special Something
    I miss typed Boo by & it came out as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ fist time :joy:

Boo by is banned just laughed harder than I should have
  • Reus
    23503 posts Club Captain
    Owen should be faster

Hernandez shouldnt be one
  • ccooaattssyy
    edited May 19
    Reus wrote: »
    Owen should be faster

Hernandez shouldnt be one

Laughs in Lalas.

You are right though, Owen should be a LB Y over the top whippet (95-96 pace easily).
  • Chappy
    4674 posts National Call-Up
    Don't understand ADP's balance.
  • burken
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It’s sad that the best players IRL can’t be the best in FIFA
  • ccooaattssyy
    Chappy wrote: »
    Don't understand ADP's balance.

Good one, easily low 80's to be honest (82-85).
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    4759 posts National Call-Up
    Pim Kaka should be his prime
  • ccooaattssyy
    burken wrote: »
    It’s sad that the best players IRL can’t be the best in FIFA

I just don't understand adding them in, only to make them terrible. Not all icons are made equal, but at least give them correct stats.
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Henry’s balance should be better
  • Realist
    3176 posts National Call-Up
    Puyol should be faster as well. Not massively but more than he’s got for sure
  • WFCBagnall
    78718 posts Moderator
    Crespo and Hagi should never have had their 5*wf away.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Realist wrote: »
    Puyol should be faster as well. Not massively but more than he’s got for sure

I think high 70s maybe even very low 80s would be about right.
  • DougInskip
    7672 posts League Winner
    Rijkaard should be the best cdm on the game.
    Van Basten should have some bull***t factor about him like Eusebio, R9, Gullit and Cruyff.
    Giggs should have 4 star skills.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Pim Kaka should be his prime

The first 3 cards they gave him.

giphy.gif
  • ccooaattssyy
    DougInskip wrote: »
    Van Basten should have some bull***t factor about him like Eusebio, R9, Gullit and Cruyff.

Rijkaard moments needs to have a work rate change to medium high, or high high.

Van Basten needs just bumping up a little bit I think.

No 4* skills for Giggs is a prime example of what they do not making sense. Easily deserves 4*.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Shane wrote: »
    Henry’s balance should be better

They love a high agility, low balance tall player for some reason.

I personally think agility & balance go somewhat hand in hand.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    4759 posts National Call-Up
    San Marco should be the best striker in game
  • KingLionel10
    15267 posts World Class

No 4* skills for Giggs is a prime example of what they do not making sense. Easily deserves 4*.

Disagree.

How many times did Giggs do skills? Cracking dribbler, dropping the shoulder etc but he never really done lots of skills.

I'm all for boosting icons though they should be the best cards in the game all year round. 1 or 2 special cards for a random defender shouldn't then make them better than a prime Maldini.
  • ccooaattssyy

Disagree.

How many times did Giggs do skills? Cracking dribbler, dropping the shoulder etc but he never really done lots of skills.

I'm all for boosting icons though they should be the best cards in the game all year round. 1 or 2 special cards for a random defender shouldn't then make them better than a prime Maldini.

I see what you are saying to be fair, I guess it's more so him being capable of doing them I guess, which no doubt he could? He had a few in his locker. It's a shame that 3 to 4* skills seems to be the real important moment in how cards are ranked.

4 or 5* is not a problem for many, but 3 to 4* is. Personally don't mind too much.
  • McRaven
    5893 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 19
    All Icons should be useable imo. Most Base Icons are pretty crap and I didn't see many in my opponent's team this year aside from the swaps. Even if it may not be 'realistic' they should be above most NIFs. Either PIM should be TOTS level cards or the stat upgrades for the other cards should be toned down with the amount of promos we have. Once you enter TOTS there's only a handful of Icons that can compete.

The two you mentioned should definitely be better. What they did to Nesta is a disgrace.

Maldini should have better dribbling imo. Around 75 would seem fair.

Prime and Moments Rijkaard and Van Basten should be end game cards.

Shearer, Scholes and Deco should be more useable cards.

What is the point of Riquelme with such low pace that no one uses him.

Kaka's Base, Mid and Prime need more pace and finishing. Maybe make the Madrid card his lowest.

Pirlo could have more physical stats to make him more useable as a CM. His 5* skills is a good example of making him a more fun card. During promos they give some nobodies crazy cards so I don't see why Icons, which should be some of the best players that ever played, can't be get the same treatment.
  • KingLionel10
    15267 posts World Class

Disagree.

I see what you are saying to be fair, I guess it's more so him being capable of doing them I guess, which no doubt he could? He had a few in his locker. It's a shame that 3 to 4* skills seems to be the real important moment in how cards are ranked.

4 or 5* is not a problem for many, but 3 to 4* is. Personally don't mind too much.

Yeah, I get ya pal.
  • ccooaattssyy

Disagree.

Yeah, I get ya pal.

Its a battle between fun, usability & reality I think.

Giggs should be a player that people want, I don't think I have played him once on this game lol.
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    edited May 19

Disagree.

How many skills does Messi do? Based on that logic Messi should be a 3 star skiller
  • McRaven
    5893 posts Big Money Move
    Just checked the stats generator on Futbin and even if you give Nesta 99 dribbling his agility would still be only 56 :joy: The formula behind the stat increases needs to go
  • SomeNextGuy
    4781 posts Big Money Move
    Any striker with med/med work rates to be honest.

Henry and Owen. Players known for running in behind causing havoc playing off the shoulder of defenders.

They attack and defend in equal measure? What does this even mean? What's the justification for med/med work rates on any player other than maybe midfielders? Seems ridiculous.
  • Mackie17
    8459 posts League Winner
    Nearly all of them need stamina boosts imo
  • KingLionel10
    15267 posts World Class
    Shane wrote: »

Disagree.

How many skills does Messi do? Based on that logic Messi should be a 3 star skiller

Right? Give Messi 3* skills then?