3 at the back

Aspas10
316 posts Sunday League Hero
Has anyone tested out 3-5-2?

You can't score headers so just give the winger the wing and stop the cut back. Can't see a reason for full backs at this point, seems more of a possible player switching issue.

Comments

• Ron111
    11 posts Ball Boy
    My only experience of using it was when losing 2-0 and getting battered last weekend, switched to 3-5-2, completely changed the game, 3 goals in 20 mins and won. My go to when losing now.
  • JayyThunder
    5048 posts Big Money Move
    I run 3412. It’s been my favorite formation since FIFA 12
  • Triplee123
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yes I also see there is no point in full backs, crosses don’t really happen so having the 3 center backs I noticed helped stopping te sweaty cut backs. With two center backs , a cut back ball will always find his striker.. but having 3 center backs you’ve an extra player to block the cut back
  • Hugo69
    51 posts Park Captain
    I used it quite a lot and found the following:
    - most games you will dominate your opponent, have possession and create chances. But your chances will have lower probabilites of going in so lower goal to shoot ratio.
    - on the other hand your opponent has few chances to score but if he does it will be clinical. Your opponent can just spam the through ball button and at least once in the game he will have a one on one (since your defender intercepting the pass is based on RNG).

So it's good if you want to feel like you dominate the game but it's no free lunch. I think the game adjusts the probabilities of shots going in depending on formations and perhaps possession stats, otherwise everybody would play high, create more chances and spam the shoot button. It's a way to balance the game.
  • tommyboyo
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some issues with how the CBs space themselves in 3 or 5 ATB formations.

The LCB and RCB will automatically cover the wide areas, leaving one man to cover the centre area. You can compensate for this by plugging gaps with the CDMs/CMs, but this rather detracts from the attacking options.
  • iGainZ
    442 posts Sunday League Hero
    I prefer 532 with the fullback joining the attack (dpad).
    Change almost every game (in my favor) when I switch to this formation
  • First_touch87
    408 posts Sunday League Hero
    I only play 3421 this weekend I was 17-0 at one point. I play for the lighting counter attack.

I’ve said before bustos as a winger for me is unreal good. I think his high low work rates help him
  • NucksNation
    2150 posts Fans' Favourite
    Started 0-6 in WL, switched formation to 3-4-1-2.. went 11-2, 8 game winning streak with it. Stopped at S1 as I got busy with 12 games remaining and I’m sure I would have gotten 8 more wins.

It’s a clustered midfield and opponents don’t know whom to mark.. their 4-2-3-1 falls apart with everyone running out of position. Works better when he has his midfielders set to man mark
  • Delvinho
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve played it a lot this year. One of my favourite formations every year and great for attacking this year
  • abhreebhu_45
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    3-5-2 is what i stick to after trying 4-2-4,,4-4-2,,4-1-3-2,,4-2-3-1(2),,,,,mainly because i felt that my fullbacks were just back ups
  • Clancy
    8436 posts League Winner
    I played a 3412 player this WL with my 442 and TOTS Benzema scored from 4 crosses, 3 of then headers. It was insane

But 99% of opponents don't attempt crosses this year, so 3atb probably effective most of the time
  • RexAnglo1066
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    I enjoy 3-5-2 and I'd recommend it.

It's important you have good wingers and two strikers who compliment each other.
  • Started 0-6 in WL, switched formation to 3-4-1-2.. went 11-2, 8 game winning streak with it. Stopped at S1 as I got busy with 12 games remaining and I’m sure I would have gotten 8 more wins.

It’s a clustered midfield and opponents don’t know whom to mark.. their 4-2-3-1 falls apart with everyone running out of position. Works better when he has his midfielders set to man mark

What formation do u start on ?
  • I only play 3421 this weekend I was 17-0 at one point. I play for the lighting counter attack.

I’ve said before bustos as a winger for me is unreal good. I think his high low work rates help him

May I see ur team pls ?
  • NucksNation
    Started 0-6 in WL, switched formation to 3-4-1-2.. went 11-2, 8 game winning streak with it. Stopped at S1 as I got busy with 12 games remaining and I’m sure I would have gotten 8 more wins.

Started with that, left Reguilon as LM, he’s fantastic with help defence instruction. Had full 100% chem and I also had my RB as one of cbs to help with speedy fwds. I had my back up formation 4-2-2-2, switched between the two while opponent had no idea :) I think 3-4-1-2 has that scary feeling at loading screen and he might be thinking wtf and how am I gonna defend against that.
  • Started 0-6 in WL, switched formation to 3-4-1-2.. went 11-2, 8 game winning streak with it. Stopped at S1 as I got busy with 12 games remaining and I’m sure I would have gotten 8 more wins.

Started with that, left Reguilon as LM, he’s fantastic with help defence instruction. Had full 100% chem and I also had my RB as one of cbs to help with speedy fwds. I had my back up formation 4-2-2-2, switched between the two while opponent had no idea :) I think 3-4-1-2 has that scary feeling at loading screen and he might be thinking wtf and how am I gonna defend against that.

Koo so u start on a 4222? And then change in game ?
  • NucksNation

Koo so u start on a 4222? And then change in game ?

Start as 3-4-1-2.. if I feel the need then I switch in game to 4-2-2-2 but temporarily just to take control of the game
  • What would be a good formation to start then change in game I wanna surprise my opponents lol
  • First_touch87
    I only play 3421 this weekend I was 17-0 at one point. I play for the lighting counter attack.

May I see ur team pls ?

If you can tell me how to post a pic I’ll show you mate 😂
  • First_touch87
    edited May 19

May I see ur team pls ?

If you can tell me how to post a pic I’ll show you mate 😂
  • Finesse_4days
    10227 posts Has That Special Something
    I'm tempted to play a 3412 with this team https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/16138474
    Might not be the most meta but it looks a lot of fun and the back 3 being so good should help deal with counters.
    Will also have my two wingers on come back on defence, stay wide instructions to help defending.
  • First_touch87
    I'm tempted to play a 3412 with this team https://www.futbin.com/20/squad/16138474
    Might not be the most meta but it looks a lot of fun and the back 3 being so good should help deal with counters.
    Will also have my two wingers on come back on defence, stay wide instructions to help defending.

Looks a fun team
  • Thanks 👍
  • Finesse_4days

Looks a fun team

I have never used Riquelme or Tevez before but I want to try them out, Tevez looks great value and Riquelme looks very good as a creator. Can't usually defend with 3ATB but I'm still tempted to use it instead of 442 for something more fun.
  • NucksNation

From someone who uses that formation.. you would have no issue with it.. just don’t rush your plays unless you can get a 4v3 counter which happens a lot!
  • Finesse_4days

From someone who uses that formation.. you would have no issue with it.. just don’t rush your plays unless you can get a 4v3 counter which happens a lot!

Do you play on possession or balanced?
  • Simmo
    3845 posts National Call-Up
    Love 352, have a lot of fun and got 25-4 with it in the last 2 weekend leagues. Always a passing option but you need to be a good manual defender to make it work.

LM and RM have to be elite wingbacks really, using TOTS TAA(Phenomenal) and TOTS Davies. Both are fantastic getting up and down.

Wide CBs need to have pace and be quite agile as they will be 1v1 in wide areas a lot, I'm using PIM Zanetti and TOTS AWB(Perfect for this position). TOTS Ramos and FB Militao would be great too.
  • NucksNation

Do you play on possession or balanced?

Balance.. I find possession to be very slow moving as Balance gives it bit of speed too and players tend to open more
  • Simmo wrote: »
    Love 352, have a lot of fun and got 25-4 with it in the last 2 weekend leagues. Always a passing option but you need to be a good manual defender to make it work.

LM and RM have to be elite wingbacks really, using TOTS TAA(Phenomenal) and TOTS Davies. Both are fantastic getting up and down.

Wide CBs need to have pace and be quite agile as they will be 1v1 in wide areas a lot, I'm using PIM Zanetti and TOTS AWB(Perfect for this position). TOTS Ramos and FB Militao would be great too.

Mind sharing ur team pls