Your cheap TOTS superstar

Zalisis
579 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited May 15
Which cheap player who you you either bought or got as a red pick has defied all expectations for you?

I have a Saudi hybrid squad with Hamdallah, and the guy is amazing. Had no issues with his 3* WF, and he really is the complete package - 97 rated with Engine and he's got pretty much maxed stats in most key areas. Cost me 70k and I think he's even cheaper now.

Not used him too much, but pleasantly surprised by Mariano so far too, doing well off the bench.

Comments

• Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I got hamdallah red, subbed him on maybe 15 times and never could do anything with him

My cheap superstar: Anselmo! Amazing CDM, so good and strong in the tackle, and crazy nimble for a guy that tall
  • Amargaladaster26
    9865 posts Has That Special Something
    Mariano. Legit good striker just for some objectives that I did playing normally Rivals.
  • Clancy wrote: »
    I got hamdallah red, subbed him on maybe 15 times and never could do anything with him

My cheap superstar: Anselmo! Amazing CDM, so good and strong in the tackle, and crazy nimble for a guy that tall

How much is he ?
  • Zalisis
    Clancy wrote: »

I've found Anselmo great so far too, covers a lot of ground and great in the tackle. Reminds me a lot of Mbabu SS (who is also excellent)
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    Mariano for 60k does the same job as 90 Carlos Alberto.
  • Fifapayne
    2550 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hamdallah
    80 games 120 goals
  • Bakudu76
    2881 posts Fans' Favourite
    Visca
  • Zalisis
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Hamdallah
    80 games 120 goals

What team you using him in?
  • bezo85
    1111 posts Professional
    Zalisis wrote: »
    Which cheap player who you you either bought or got as a red pick has defied all expectations for you?

I have a Saudi hybrid squad with Hamdallah, and the guy is amazing. Had no issues with his 3* WF, and he really is the complete package - 97 rated with Engine and he's got pretty much maxed stats in most key areas. Cost me 70k and I think he's even cheaper now.

Not used him too much, but pleasantly surprised by Mariano so far too, doing well off the bench.

Do the league SBC’s to get Al Soma to partner him up top. I have them both and Al Soma is even better!
  • Zalisis
    edited May 15
    bezo85 wrote: »

Do the league SBC’s to get Al Soma to partner him up top. I have them both and Al Soma is even better!

I'm considering it, was thinking of playing Al Soma in behind him, currently using Guanca there, is he really that good? His stats look great.
  • GTaylor
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    Anselmo is brilliant, been in my WL team the last 2 weeks, love him. Not leaving anytime soon.
  • Fifapayne
    2550 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fifapayne wrote: »
    Hamdallah
    80 games 120 goals

What team you using him in?

He owned last weekend league. I ran
    4231 and 442 depending on the game flow

TAA
    Marcos Alonso
    AWB
    Trippier

Base pep ( lol )
    Kovacic

Messi
    PIM litmanen ( I usually subbed him off for PM Bernardo and moved messi central
    Ansu fati
    Hamdallah
  • Gstitt10
    1056 posts Professional
    Kovacic, I originally bought him and thought he was terrific then I got him in a red picks. People dont rate him and compared to other prem totssf cards he is dirt cheap.

Great box to box midfielder who is continually chipping in with goals and assists. Has a rocket of a shot also
  • Jesusdinho
    560 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Had Alselmo for a few games but Luiz Gustavo is really good. Definitely worth of getting if you have a bunch of turks laying around.
  • GeTRiGhT
    12466 posts Has That Special Something
    GTaylor wrote: »
    Anselmo is brilliant, been in my WL team the last 2 weeks, love him. Not leaving anytime soon.

This. Benched Futmas Sissoko finally
  • bezo85
    1111 posts Professional
    bezo85 wrote: »

I'm considering it, was thinking of playing Al Soma in behind him, currently using Guanca there, is he really that good? His stats look great.

Yeah he’s really great. Taller and 4 star WF helps over Hamdallah. He’s out scoring him so far. I also got him for free after packs.
  • bezo85
    1111 posts Professional
    GTaylor wrote: »

I move him in game to CB and he’s incredible there.
  • Stav93
    271 posts Sunday League Hero
    Mariano and Visca are criminally cheap. Couple of the EFL defenders are incredible. And on a slightly bigger budget, I'm in love with Santi.
  • Greezyweezy101
    1877 posts Fans' Favourite
    Visca
  • Paulopudasso
    1520 posts Play-Off Hero
    Odegaard he's not really cheap but not to expensive either
  • RileyD
    1857 posts Fans' Favourite
    Cazorla
  • EekAlaska
    2313 posts Fans' Favourite
    William's, the 86 rated RB. As a RB he is fantastic, but as a CDM I like him more than Prime Vieira or PIM Gattusa along with TOTSSF Anselmo who I got as a red pick.

Not sure what he is at now but I think I paid 18k for one with a Shadow on him and he is a monster.
  • Kove
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 16
    Cazorla and Kroos.

How on earth are they so cheap, does everyone just listen to rubbish youtubers rather than try players out?
  • zeultuturor
    893 posts Semi-Pro
    kovacic, awb, odegaard (only used as sub to test him out) are pretty good considering their price.
  • KKTHX
    1651 posts Play-Off Hero
    Totssf Ben White and that link to Philips
  • Purplejacket
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    Simon
  • ChiTownWhat27
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don’t know if he’s considered cheap at 170k but Kroos has been fantastic for me.
  • GTaylor
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    KKTHX wrote: »
    Totssf Ben White and that link to Matty Cash

Fixed
  • ha032742
    38183 posts Moderator
    I’m really enjoying TOTS Mariano...very solid RB and great links for other Brazilian players in my team.
  • Rajarshi_CFC
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Visca and Kovacic are absolute steals for the prices. Kovacic especially holds his own.