WHO MIGHT I LIKE TO SUPPORT

Comments

• Wyojasond
    13773 posts Has That Special Something
    Cannot wait to watch some real sports again this weekend 😂

giphy.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    My big thing will be hoping Dortmund fall out of the CL spots so that they have to entertain lesser bids for Sancho but putting aside rooting interests, it's just gonna be great to have football back.

Dortmund v Schalke is such a great match to start back on as well. Two sides loaded with young talents for fans abroad to scout.
  • arsenalap
    7617 posts League Winner
    I think a lot of people will be disappointed with it tbh.

It's so hard to watch football with no atmosphere let alone a league most dont follow.

After a couple weeks people will get bored.
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »

It's so hard to watch football with no atmosphere let alone a league most dont follow.

If the Premier League comes back in June as is being suggested, this is a one month fix for most people. I think it'll last that long.

Particularly with United and Chelsea fans on Sancho watch and Liverpool fans on Werner watch
  • Tornado31619
    20576 posts Club Captain
    Ausburg’s head coach is missing his first game in charge because he broke quarantine to go out and buy toothpaste :lol:
  • Retro_G
    32583 posts National Team Captain
    Looking forward to the Dortmund game, missed the live footie. It will bring back some sort of normality.
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    INJURY NEWS (Source: Telegraph)
    "Title-chasing Dortmund will have to make do without Emre Can, Axel Witsel and Nico Schulz, all of whom are out with injuries. Marco Reus is another absentee on his way back from a muscle injury. Erling Haaland looks likely to start up front.

Schalke already know Omar Mascarell will miss the rest of the season with an adductor tear and the prognosis could be the same for Ozan Kabak with a back problem. Daniel Caligiuri has recovered from a knee problem, while Suat Serdar is back after breaking his toe in training. Defenders Benjamin Stambouli and Salif Sane are touch-and-go as they near a return from injury."

===

Special shame about Kabak that. He's supposed to be very promising.
  • arsenalap
    7617 posts League Winner
    edited May 15
    They're going to be gassed after 60m :D
  • Jboom98
    287 posts Sunday League Hero

They should follow from the MLS or other American sports where they do weird rituals after scoring a goal or why not just amplify previous recordings of Dortmund fans chanting and singing on the PA System technology can bring atmosphere instead of hearing Bad Language from the players and coaches children will no longer be able to watch Premier League games :D
  • Bob_Dylan
    20463 posts Club Captain
    Hmm
  • Snugglebites
    1547 posts Play-Off Hero
    Will the people who are against football returning be watching this?
  • Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    Will the people who are against football returning be watching this?

You do realise that the situation is different in every country? Laughable comment.
  • Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    edited May 16
    Sancho on the bench due to a calf injury apparently
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

17 year old American talent Giovanni Reyna, named after his father Claudio Reyna’s team mate Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, makes his first Bundesliga start though so I’m equally happy!

You brits can enjoy watching Jonjoe Kenny :joy:
  • Pietu
    6172 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

17 year old American talent Giovanni Reyna, named after his father Claudio Reyna’s team mate Giovanni Van Bronckhorst, makes his first Bundesliga start though so I’m equally happy!

Hradecky m8
  • Bob_Dylan
    20463 posts Club Captain
    Even though it's great to have some footy back on I expect a lot of people to be disappointed when people realise just how important the fans are.
  • Kellnerr
    3422 posts National Call-Up
    Sky Sports has an option to have fan noise in the background lol. Unfortunately I only have the PS4 App and not the receiver+remote so cannot test it I guess :(
  • Kellnerr

Reyna is out :sweat_smile:
  • Pughy30
    26779 posts Player of the Year
    Steve Mcmanaman on commentary for the Dortmund/Schalke game :s
  • Apollo
    18946 posts World Class
    source.gif
  • arsenalap
    7617 posts League Winner
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Sky Sports has an option to have fan noise in the background lol. Unfortunately I only have the PS4 App and not the receiver+remote so cannot test it I guess :(

Skysports??

It's only on BT no?
  • Bob_Dylan
    20463 posts Club Captain
    It has to feel awkward playing, no fans there but the entire world is watching.
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain

Reyna is out :sweat_smile:

:cry:
  • arsenalap
    7617 posts League Winner
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    It has to feel awkward playing, no fans there but the entire world is watching.

I haven't seen stats but I doubt there's that many watching.

It'll be the keen football fans, but I doubt casuals will be watching like the world cup or anything.
  • Kellnerr

Skysports??

It's only on BT no?

Sky Sports Austria (or Germany)
  • arsenalap
    7617 posts League Winner

Skysports??

It's only on BT no?

Sky Sports Austria (or Germany)

Ah fair that's what I thought you meant
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    Quality ball from Hazard and ofc its Haaland who scores. Man is simply lethal.
  • Bob_Dylan
    20463 posts Club Captain
    Great assist.
  • Jboom98
    287 posts Sunday League Hero
    Haaland and Mbappe are the next Ronaldo and Messi :+1:
  • Ahmer50x
    22301 posts Club Captain
    I know that these sides are rusty from not playing but Schalke look like a side that'd be closer to relegation than Europe in the Prem