TOTS Goalkeepers

gregsii
1037 posts Professional
Why are the highest rated keepers terrible?

I've used Oblak and Allison and they're both literally awful, worse than their lower rated counterparts.
I have the same issues with moments De Gea as well, his futmas card I had much more joy with.

I've kind of been waiting for a patch or something from EA telling us that there was an issue with these keepers but there's been nothing.

Has anyone else experienced similar?

Comments

• Nobber93
    1882 posts Fans' Favourite
    I bought TOTY Alisson a while back and sold him after 5 games. I’ve never seen a 97 rated keeper be so bad. He lets in anything. From what I’ve seen the TOTS is a joke too. When playing against him he has never had a good game. I’ve currently got TOTS Ter Stegen but I’ve not noticed a difference from his 91 TOTGS card. I think the best bet is stick with a gold GK on basic and they’ve pretty much maxed out anyway.
  • Gstitt10
    1056 posts Professional
    I had totssf alisson and I didnt like him for his value, I packed untradeable totssf oblak and to be fair he seems like a wall. No mistakes at present and if he is beaten it's by a great goal
  • gregsii
    1037 posts Professional
    Gstitt10 wrote: »
    I had totssf alisson and I didnt like him for his value, I packed untradeable totssf oblak and to be fair he seems like a wall. No mistakes at present and if he is beaten it's by a great goal

What chemistry style mate, I've tried them all with no luck
  • 16Townley90
    733 posts Semi-Pro
    Seriously he saves everything when I face him he's so fast off his line too....also 95 Ter Stegen is insane for me
  • gregsii
    1037 posts Professional
    Seriously he saves everything when I face him he's so fast off his line too....also 95 Ter Stegen is insane for me

Who? Oblak?
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 15
    Is TOTS Ter Stegen on the same level/better then his NIF card? Is he worth sticking in at 8 chem or stay with mid VDS? Have both untradeable
  • tommyboyo
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    They are goalies.

Any 90+ with a basic will have pretty much maxed out stats and these have been available from day 1 of the game.

The difference between Oblak NIF and this TOTS is 2 for diving and some kicking (who cares).

So just pick one and enjoy the ride...

Some games they will be amazing and others dross.

Nothing you can do about it, in the same way there is little you can do when it is your game to hit the post 4 times and lose 1-0.
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    tommyboyo wrote: »
    They are goalies.

Any 90+ with a basic will have pretty much maxed out stats and these have been available from day 1 of the game.

The difference between Oblak NIF and this TOTS is 2 for diving and some kicking (who cares).

So just pick one and enjoy the ride...

Some games they will be amazing and others dross.

Nothing you can do about it, in the same way there is little you can do when it is your game to hit the post 4 times and lose 1-0.

I do agree every keeper can be amazing and can be terrible the next game, but I also think if you pick the right keeper you’ll get more amazing games then terrible ones, so it’s still important to pick the right one.

TOTS Gulacsi was awful for me, as was both of DDG cards. VDS is a lot more solid and obviously Ter Stegen is Ter Stegen. Whilst even Ter Stegn and VDS will have bad games like you say, they have less bad games then Gulacsi and DDG, so it’s still important to nail down who’s more consistent.
  • JWNYsg
    2499 posts Fans' Favourite
    In a game. Your keeper/defence will not likely make the difference. Your Attack will
  • Gromit
    4718 posts National Call-Up
    Oblak has been great for me.

I'd spent a lot if time doing objectives with the likes of Futmas De Gea , FB Neuer and was getting really frustrated with them especially on things like Corners. De Gea literally never catches a single corner and always punches it to the edge of the D for an opponent to receive.

Got Oblak and straight away noticed he caught loads of them and when he punched he tended to punch towards the touchline to safety. He also catches a lot of long shots rather than parrying them for a corner.

IMO its these small details along with improved distribution that separates the elite keepers from the rest. Every keeper is going to concede goals even if they're rated 99.