FIFA 21 - Make commentary languages universal

Futbol22
1741 posts Play-Off Hero
edited May 2020
In FIFA 21 commentary languages should be universal and not based on region.

For example: The European version should include Brazilian Portugues and the North American version should allow German, Italian, Dutch, etc.

Making all commentary languages universal will increase immersion.

With next-gen coming all commentary languages should be available regardless of region or at least all languages should be made available by DLC

Comments

• Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    Why did you have you done this three times?
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pooter wrote: »
    Why did you have you done this three times?

The website kept timing out when publishing
  • WLB_SENA
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think you can download it from the PS store but I might be wrong
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    WLB_SENA wrote: »
    I think you can download it from the PS store but I might be wrong

Maybe on PC but not console. It should atleast be offered by DLC in FIFA 21
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    Will EA allow all commentary languages to be universal regardless of region finally?

Data storage is a non-issue so why not at least allow the user to select which commentary language they want?
  • PDJEY
    1145 posts Professional
    And why the european version should include portuguese brazil when we use portuguese from Portugal
  • TeamExtreme17
    4922 posts Big Money Move
    They should be Downloadable i agree..
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited June 2020
    They should be Downloadable i agree..

It’s ridiculous that downloading different commentaries is not an option. The user should be able to choose which commentary they want since they already have created commentary in various languages.

For example, if you speak German, but live in North America you only have French, Mexican Spanish and English in the NA version. What good does that do?

Also, why not be able to use Italian for Serie A matches?

Simply a lack of effort on EA’s part

• GhostDanc3
    2 posts Ball Boy
    edited June 2020
    Well I have all the languages in (install) the language select dropdown list, at least I think they are all there cuz even Japanese, two Chinese, Russian... you name it are there. I am in Holland so that one and English (standard one) work... I did not try all of them.

So my question is why does the download and installation of the other languages work/are allowed while you obviously can not use them? Pointless option, it should only show usable languages that really work right?

Last question is why does EA not list which ones DO work? As I understand it besides English and your region, French and Spanish Mexican also work. At least that's what I have read on the different forums, did not try these out.

Only thing I can think off is that it is a rights issue.

Agree with the DLC part.

FIFA 20 PC Version btw.
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    All commentary languages need to be made available in FIFA 21 regardless of region.
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    I wonder if nex gen Fifa will come with expanded language/commentary options?

It shouldn’t be an issue on nex gen to do this,
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    How is it possible in 2020 that EA haven’t made all commentary teams universal??

I don’t think anyone will care about the extra storage space?

Commentary should not be region locked.
  • Futbol22
    1741 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2021
    How has EA not applied all commentary languages to next gen FIFA yet? This is shameful

Storage space is not an issue and if it is for some then make them DLC