So how many coins have you lost?

xHerdie
5696 posts Big Money Move
Title. I had 5.4m for when La Liga dropped and bought my team Friday/Saturday.

After buying/selling a few guys I am now at a futbin squad evaluation of 4.3m 😂

My biggest drop being Suarez who I paid 1.58m for but he’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

Curious to see if anyone else has been hit hard

Comments

• Mike_Pickford
    4056 posts National Call-Up
    edited May 2020
    Easily 2m

Actually, looking closer, probably more than 3m.
  • xHerdie
    Easily 2m

Oh wow 😳

Who was your biggest drop? That definitely makes me feel a bit better haha
  • Sercs
    22561 posts Club Captain
    Buying current tots the same night or Saturday... asking for a big price drop regardless of what you predict FYI
  • xHerdie
    Sercs wrote: »
    Buying current tots the same night or Saturday... asking for a big price drop regardless of what you predict FYI

BPL actually went up after first night. I ended up making profit on Aguero twice when I bought Friday and sold Saturday, then rebought Sunday and sold Thursday. Same with some others from PL

La Liga was total opposite trend wise
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    500-600k
  • Dodds
    10196 posts Has That Special Something
    3m+

That’s just on doing upgrades, leagues and packs! 😂
  • SimenHP
    6046 posts Big Money Move
    I lost around 500k from buying a team on Friday and selling on Saturday
  • Chappy
    5693 posts Big Money Move
    This thread seems like the appropriate place for this error:

3-EC3-A496-8-B60-4-E1-D-BCC3-E7-EB1-F0-B103-A.png

Poor guy, whoever it was.
  • xHerdie
    Dodds wrote: »
    3m+

You get anyone to show for it atleast? I’m still to pack a tots yet I’ve done my share of upgrades and sbcs.

@Chappy yeah that’s definitely a coin buying for sure
  • Mike_Pickford
    4056 posts National Call-Up
    xHerdie wrote: »
    Easily 2m

Oh wow 😳

I paid 2.1m for Aguero, 1.6m for Mane, then held on to TOTY Messi, who I paid 3.5m for, TOTY De Jong who I paid 1.4m for and TOTY De Bruyne who I paid 2.5m for. Prime Blanc has dropped more than a 100k since I bought him, as has PIM Zambrotta. Not that bothered as it's all relative - all the players I would be looking to buy have dropped considerably too.
  • BrentfordFC
    13514 posts Has That Special Something
    0 :trollface:
  • iSptmnky
    15676 posts World Class
    Roughly 5 mil in the past month (out 8 mil).
  • Dodds
    10196 posts Has That Special Something
    3m+

You get anyone to show for it atleast? I’m still to pack a tots yet I’ve done my share of upgrades and sbcs.

Erm untradeables wise Robertson, Dembele, Carvajal, few EFL players.

I could have easily bought all of them! 😂

Ended up with Richarlison from WL Rewards as well so.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    27427 posts Player of the Year
    iSptmnky wrote: »

Ellen died for this @GL
  • xHerdie
    Easily 2m

Oh wow 😳

I paid 2.1m for Aguero, 1.6m for Mane, then held on to TOTY Messi, who I paid 3.5m for, TOTY De Jong who I paid 1.4m for and TOTY De Bruyne who I paid 2.5m for. Prime Blanc has dropped more than a 100k since I bought him, as has PIM Zambrotta. Not that bothered as it's all relative - all the players I would be looking to buy have dropped considerably too.

Yeah I got lucky with selling Aguero on both times, there was one point I was down 300k on him but he rebounded real fast after rewards and profited 100 so couldn’t complaint.

You’re definitely right about it all being relative, however you have to admit that extra 1-2m buys a lot more if you sold at the right time 😂
    Yeah but you packed an 8m player so you don’t count haha. Na but that’s a lot as well. Guess I can’t be too upset seeing as a lot of you have lost more!

3m+

Erm untradeables wise Robertson, Dembele, Carvajal, few EFL players.

I could have easily bought all of them! 😂

Ended up with Richarlison from WL Rewards as well so.

Jesus definitely not the best return but atleast you’ve packed one!
  • GL
    17205 posts World Class

Ellen died for this @GL

Sickening just sickening
  • Chappy
    3m+

It's possible, but not a guarantee. I accidentally BIN'd a FUT Bday Hazard for 2.2m when he was going for 1m. Just wasn't playing close enough attention (playing Warzone) while bidding.

Between that loss and the loss I took when I listed Maradona for 2m less than what I intended, I completely lost the cushion I anticipated having at this time of the year. And now I'm pinching pennies to afford the players I want... It's a sad situation :D
  • OoSUPERDANoO
    15089 posts Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Chappy wrote: »
    3m+

It's possible, but not a guarantee. I accidentally BIN'd a FUT Bday Hazard for 2.2m when he was going for 1m. Just wasn't playing close enough attention (playing Warzone) while bidding.

Between that loss and the loss I took when I listed Maradona for 2m less than what I intended, I completely lost the cushion I anticipated having at this time of the year. And now I'm pinching pennies to afford the players I want... It's a sad situation :D

Damn! I've made some mistakes like this this year to the tune of about 2m total. Seems it happens to the best of us!
  • Joestoe
    10581 posts Has That Special Something
    3.5m according to Futbin.
  • Swanz05
    6070 posts Big Money Move
    edited May 2020
    About 10 million but it took a lot of hard work & stupidity 😂
    edit: just sold PIM Gullit for an xbox 1.5 mil profit so that softens the blow a lot
  • Salty P3anut
    12234 posts Has That Special Something
    About a 1 million mainly through trying out expensive players and rage selling plus like 350k in upgrade packs
  • Chappy
    edited May 2020
    3m+

Damn! I've made some mistakes like this this year to the tune of about 2m total. Seems it happens to the best of us!

The Maradona one was especially rough because I didn't even realize it happened until after he sold. I'm still not even sure what happened. It was late, and I think my tiredness just got the best of me and I hit the wrong number. The Hazard error was 100% my fault lol

I do wish they would add some new features to the market to change things up. Some ideas I've had:
    • Allow players to loan out cards they aren't using. I had PIM Seedorf sitting in my club unused all weekend. It would have been cool if I could have loaned him out for like, 10 games for 20k or something along those lines.
    • Allow players to buy insurance on cards for an extra % of the card's cost as a way to mitigate risk of massive drops. For example, if I want to buy TOTS Suarez the Friday he comes out for 1.5m, let me pay an extra 150k for insurance that allows me to sell him for whatever price I bought him for, at a minimum. That way, if he drops to 1m flat, I'm only losing that 150k rather than the full 500k.
    • Allow a 5 minute "probationary" period before a card actually lists on the market. Instead of listing cards for an hour, you list them for an hour and 5 minutes. During that 5 minute probationary period, you can pull a card back and take it off the market. This solves a lot of issues of people accidentally listing cards for way too low. You could also do it for buying too. You accidentally bought a card for 2m over the min BIN? You get 5 minutes before the seller is alerted, and during that time, you can cancel the purchase. Do 2 minutes, if you think 5 minutes is too long.

I just feel like there are a lot of things they could do with the market to change things up while also eliminating a lot of those heartbreaking moments when you do something stupid that costs you millions of coins. @OoSUPERDANoO
  • Finesse_4days
    17906 posts World Class
    edited May 2020
    Only about 130k or so ,I was fortunate enough to buy Ramos and Varane at decent prices and then sell them on for more than what I paid so I only lost a bit on tax then I paid 2.515 for Tots Messi and sold today for 95k more which is a 35k loss after tax so not bad, Cazorla dropped abit so I lost abit on him but overall I have done ok. I am always very careful with the prices I pay for players and always sell for the most I can by overnight listings or selling them when they are up, I must have lost millions on tax this Fifa as I have tried a lot of top players but I could have lost more if I wasn't as careful when buying. I am a bit of a mean buyer and greedy seller but it helps your coins stay high even when not trading much or packing anything.
  • Finesse_4days
    17906 posts World Class
    edited May 2020
    3m+

The Maradona one was especially rough because I didn't even realize it happened until after he sold. I'm still not even sure what happened. It was late, and I think my tiredness just got the best of me and I hit the wrong number. The Hazard error was 100% my fault lol

I do wish they would add some new features to the market to change things up. Some ideas I've had:
    • Allow players to loan out cards they aren't using. I had PIM Seedorf sitting in my club unused all weekend. It would have been cool if I could have loaned him out for like, 10 games for 20k or something along those lines.
    • Allow players to buy insurance on cards for an extra % of the card's cost as a way to mitigate risk of massive drops. For example, if I want to buy TOTS Suarez the Friday he comes out for 1.5m, let me pay an extra 150k for insurance that allows me to sell him for whatever price I bought him for, at a minimum. That way, if he drops to 1m flat, I'm only losing that 150k rather than the full 500k.
    • Allow a 5 minute "probationary" period before a card actually lists on the market. Instead of listing cards for an hour, you list them for an hour and 5 minutes. During that 5 minute probationary period, you can pull a card back and take it off the market. This solves a lot of issues of people accidentally listing cards for way too low. You could also do it for buying too. You accidentally bought a card for 2m over the min BIN? You get 5 minutes before the seller is alerted, and during that time, you can cancel the purchase. Do 2 minutes, if you think 5 minutes is too long.

I just feel like there are a lot of things they could do with the market to change things up while also eliminating a lot of those heartbreaking moments when you do something stupid that costs you millions of coins. @OoSUPERDANoO

The probation thing wouldn't work as it would be bought instantly and not fair on someone who got a deal if they had to give it back, what they should do is add an option to have to put in a confirmation coded for when you list certain players so it is an extra step to avoid mistakes, it should be on the squad menu and something that is optional so you can put it on your most expensive players.
  • hoban95
    71009 posts Icon
    Sorry but did man just say he's lost 5mil in the past month?!?! :joy::joy:
  • EquinoxShane
    966 posts Semi-Pro
    0 - untradable beasts
  • iSptmnky
    15676 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Sorry but did man just say he's lost 5mil in the past month?!?! :joy::joy:

@hoban95 To be fair, this is how my net coin balance developed. First, it also includes SBCs that I completed.

Furthermore, I lost tons due to the price cash of the market. If you factor these out, I lost roughly 30 percent, which is still a lot, but can happen due to frequent buying and selling. I don't mind though, having the time of my life and I still have some decent coinage for Bundesliga TOTS.
  • hoban95
    71009 posts Icon
    edited May 2020
    That's bloody mad man, i feel for you. :D
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Zero
  • iSptmnky
    15676 posts World Class
    hoban95 wrote: »
    That's bloody mad man, i feel for you. :D

It's only virtual coins in a video game that will be outdated in four months. Why not have some fun for the time being?