The mid icon SBC has been amazing for me!!!

URBirdman
1497 posts Play-Off Hero
I was about to open many untradeable packs and before that, I did one mid icon SBC to clear gold fodders in my club in order avoid duplicate. I only spent 100k total on buying tradeable players to fill the gaps and then I got Ronaldinho!!!!!!!! A 1.65 million player that I will never be able to afford! Looking at his hair in the game is the most enjoyable thing I have ever experienced in FIFA 20.

This is my fifth mid icon SBC and in the previous ones I got Gullit (another guy with OP hair), Best, Zanetti, and Veron. Everyone except Veron went into my current squad (if you find a squad with two god icons and some cheap players in other positions, that may be mine).

I really think mid icon SBC is a great place to recycle untradeable fodders. At this stage it is just so easy to get untradeable high rated cards from objectives, SBC card rinsing, red picks, etc. With little cost, you get chance to gamble something great, why not? Of course ignore me if you have already assembled a god squad...

Comments

• Laker62
    1720 posts Play-Off Hero
    You got luck. 95% chance of getting someone useless.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Laker62 wrote: »

well, for people running cheap squad like me, 50% of the mid icons are usable and 10% are god tier...
  • Reusdlc
    2 posts Ball Boy
    I got R9, i could not believe it. Its the best pull since i play fifa( since fifa 11)
  • Laker62
    1720 posts Play-Off Hero
    URBirdman wrote: »
    Laker62 wrote: »

well, for people running cheap squad like me, 50% of the mid icons are usable and 10% are god tier...

Not true at all. I'd take NIF Dembele over nearly every mid icon Forward

NIF Kante is better than nearly every mid icon midfielder

NIF Varane is better than nearly every mid icon defender.

• URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reusdlc wrote: »
    I got R9, i could not believe it. Its the best pull since i play fifa( since fifa 11)

Congrats bro!
  • SanderFC
    3242 posts National Call-Up
    Did two with duplicates from the PL upgrade sbcs, got Lampard and Baresi...
    Did the one mid icon SBC during the previous release and got Rio, replaced the base version I got from icon swaps 1 but still not that great of a pull.

Base icon SBC was great though and gave me Gattuso (who is actually pretty good and was very useable) and Cruyff
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    SanderFC wrote: »
    Did two with duplicates from the PL upgrade sbcs, got Lampard and Baresi...
    Did the one mid icon SBC during the previous release and got Rio, replaced the base version I got from icon swaps 1 but still not that great of a pull.

Base icon SBC was great though and gave me Gattuso (who is actually pretty good and was very useable) and Cruyff

Woo, I really want a mid Rio to replace the 71 pace baby Baresi that I have been rely on for months.
  • aladdin
    2689 posts Fans' Favourite
    yeah i’ve found it decent as well mate. got nedved, scholes and flipping eusebio! who is incredible and someone i would never have ever been able to get normally
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    aladdin wrote: »
    yeah i’ve found it decent as well mate. got nedved, scholes and flipping eusebio! who is incredible and someone i would never have ever been able to get normally

Congrats bro!!!
  • Delboy13710
    9377 posts League Winner
    Got Gullit , Lehmann and Shearer mixed bag so far Concidering doing another
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero

Congras bro!!!
  • Delboy13710
    9377 posts League Winner

Congras bro!!!
    Cheers
    If I told you I packed Prime Gullit Untradeable 4 days later you wouldn't believe me 😅

• aladdin
    2689 posts Fans' Favourite
    aladdin wrote: »

Congrats bro!!!

thanks man. enjoy your team!
  • Mackie17
    8565 posts League Winner
    1 eusebio
    2 gattuso
    3 butra

Don't think I'll risk any more. But may get bored in to another
  • D0lvl
    4259 posts National Call-Up
    Same for me. It’s been great.

Pulled R9, pele, cruyff, and butra.

I want Gullit but I’m going to wait till all tots squad releases in case there’s a must do sbc.

• Mercenary
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    D0lvl wrote: »

I want Gullit but I’m going to wait till all tots squad releases in case there’s a must do sbc.

You used up your pack luck for the next 5 FIFAs
  • Stone_cold_tea93
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    I've been shafted by it over and over
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    D0lvl wrote: »

Your luck is amazing! Congrats!
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mackie17 wrote: »
    1 eusebio
    2 gattuso
    3 butra

Don't think I'll risk any more. But may get bored in to another

Congrats bro!
  • Smiley_Utd
    1872 posts Play-Off Hero
    I got dupe tots Alison so threw him into this icon sbc as there’s nothing better!

Got gatusso, waste of fodders but I knew the risk.
  • Delboy13710
    9377 posts League Winner
    Smiley_Utd wrote: »
    I got dupe tots Alison so threw him into this icon sbc as there’s nothing better!

Got gatusso, waste of fodders but I knew the risk.

Thinking of doing 1 more
    Got Shearer last time I'm a bit hesitant theres loads of cards that are usable but the thought of seeing an England flag scares me
  • GoonerDude81
    1010 posts Professional
    I got Gerrard about a week and a bit ago. Brilliant box to box. Have him at CDM.
  • URBirdman
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    I just counted how much my squad worth and found that 80% of the value came from this mid icon SBC...

This SBC is so amazing for people running cheap squad like me.
  • Delboy13710
    9377 posts League Winner
    Socrates was my 4th Pull

Not a win or a loss will find a place for him on my bench