Wow beginners have it tough !

So made new account to try something out played one of the placing games on rivals one of the ones that determines ur lever first game with the bronze 45 chemistry that ea gives u to start I come up against a full team of special cards wow really if I was someone that was just tarting to play and came up against a team like that I would ask for a refund wow I can imagine this has pushed a lot of noobs away sorry for the grammar spelling lol

Comments

• Mercenary
    499 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited May 8
    In two weeks someone can grind out 200k coins by tier three rivals (division 10) and elite 1 squad battles and get a decent EFL TOTSSF team. Doesn't even have to touch weekend league.
  • Yea but this were icons and higher price cards that can’t even get u one of them for 200k bro
  • Zeke1216
    1397 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mercenary wrote: »
    In two weeks someone can grind out 200k coins by tier three rivals (division 10) and elite 1 squad battles and get a decent EFL TOTSSF team. Doesn't even have to touch weekend league.

Lol how do you get this 200k of squad battles and rivals ? Cause I need to know
  • Mercenary
    edited May 8
    Yea but this were icons and higher price cards that can’t even get u one of them for 200k bro

You pay exponentially more for slightly better quality. And many of those EFL TOTSSF cards are better than like half the icon cards out there.
    Yes someone coming into the game now will always be at a disadvantage, but some of the lesser league TOTSSF cards will enable someone decent at the game to compete pretty well.

• Trust me I know but my point is how do u match someone let’s say playing their first game that only has bronze on his team with a team like that
  • Mercenary
    Trust me I know but my point is how do u match someone let’s say playing their first game that only has bronze on his team with a team like that

Simple, you don't. They should stick to squad battles and trade a bit on the transfer market for a week or two till they can get up and running.
  • Mercenary
    edited May 8
    Besides, with just a few loyalty rewards and the standard edition, my first match in FUT 20 didn't have one bronze or silver player in the starting 11 or even usable subs. This was back in February.
  • greif44
    3647 posts National Call-Up
    Trust me I know but my point is how do u match someone let’s say playing their first game that only has bronze on his team with a team like that

you get matched by skill rating. You didn't really expect to face many people with bronze squad, did you?
    Starting from scratch during TOTS is always like that, on the other hand, you can catch up in 2-3 weeks.
  • Drachenfells
    993 posts Professional

How?

Division rivals 20k

Squad battles 30k + packs

2 weeks just over 100k

4 weeks 200k
  • Mercenary
    edited May 8
    20k+30k is 50k
    Those two rare gold mega packs easily have 30k worth of sellable stuff even with bad luck
    50+30=80k
    10k just from coins completeing the matches
    10k from some ever so casual trading
    100k in one week

I'm not saying it is easy to start out but not nearly as difficult as you make it to be. If you are a complete beginner you will get smashed regardless even if you have 93 rated god squad. And those EFL TOTSSF teams are a godsend for someone looking to build a squad from scratch on a tight budget.
  • Drachenfells
    993 posts Professional
    Fair enough, although getting elite 1 with a bronze 45 chemistry team in nearly impossible though.

I struggle to get elite 1 most weeks usually elite 3 due to time constraints.
  • Mercenary
    edited May 8
    Fair enough, although getting elite 1 with a bronze 45 chemistry team in nearly impossible though.

I struggle to get elite 1 most weeks usually elite 3 due to time constraints.

Like I said, after just a few games using the transfer market and free welcome packs you can have an all gold squad. I am pretty bad at FIFA, Division 7 and never made it past Silver 1 in WL but can smash ANY squad on professional difficulty and easily beat on legendary like 8-0 those 65 rated 30 chem squads with an 80 rated team. Yes it is a time crunch, and boring too. But it can be done.
  • RadioShaq
    16039 posts Moderator
    Part of the problem is you are not a new player. Someone starting a new account would ruin it for a real new player.
  • Mercenary
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Part of the problem is you are not a new player. Someone starting a new account would ruin it for a real new player.

A real new player would get shafted online even if they were "gifted" by EA a 93 rated god squad simply because they do not know the mechanics of the game.
  • RadioShaq
    16039 posts Moderator
    Right which shows why rating plus how people have used single matches to match new players doesn’t work. Then when you throw in not new players starting over where would you match them to make it fair. People will always find a way to get easier games so I dunno what a good solution is for matchmaking and probably why it’s difficult for ea to balance it.
  • Mercenary
    edited May 8
    Right which shows why rating plus how people have used single matches to match new players doesn’t work. Then when you throw in not new players starting over where would you match them to make it fair. People will always find a way to get easier games so I dunno what a good solution is for matchmaking and probably why it’s difficult for ea to balance it.

It's simple. Have a semi competitive game mode with semi decent rewards with an 82 rating cap (no bronze benching allowed). Plenty of baby meta players you can get for cheap (example Morales 82 rated La Liga ST, goes for 1200 coins). Have EA put a limit on these lower rated players of 10000 coins so people won't price gauge these baby meta players and make sure there are plenty of them in packs. Then a person could compete very well just needing to spend 100k and would be based more on skill not pay to win or spending 100s of hours grinding the transfer market. EA will not do this however as it would give less incentive to get out your credit card to buy FIFA points and try to get a god squad the easy way so you can be more competitive online.
  • Mercenary
    edited May 8
    Delete
  • RadioShaq
    16039 posts Moderator
    Traders would not like having a cap and say ea has it out for them and how unfair it would be. Plus it doesn’t solve not new players matching up with real new players. Also how ratings don’t have as much to do with skill rating or how people will still silver and bronze the team to try to match up with new players like in singles. Also by saying semi competitive that will alienate casuals.
  • NucksNation
    2150 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bought my game March 28. I started with a bronze team and I also knew I was starting a game 6-7months later and teams are mostly stacked.. but made more coins and 2 weeks later I had a 400k team, now slightly over a mil. This game has never been so easy to make coins then it is in 2020. Also, EA’s match making has almost never been on team rating or chem.
  • Mercenary
    edited May 8
    Traders would not like having a cap and say ea has it out for them and how unfair it would be. Plus it doesn’t solve not new players matching up with real new players. Also how ratings don’t have as much to do with skill rating or how people will still silver and bronze the team to try to match up with new players like in singles. Also by saying semi competitive that will alienate casuals.
    Let the traders trade with the meta cards and leave the lower tier (sub 83 rated) cards alone. Any video game new players will loose to better players. It's how you learn. But there is a big difference loosing to a better player with a similar team vs loosing to a better player with a god squad. The first one if I do not have the mentality of a small child I can learn from these loses and get better at the game. The second option the player I loose to is so far ahead of me both skill wise and team wise it seems an impossible gap to bridge even if I get better at the game. Some will in vain (and this is what EA is hoping for) get out their credit card and buy FIFA points and packs thinking it will make them start winning. The game is formatted to be addicting and having you thinking you are just a few players away from being able to consistently win. It will never be perfect, there will always be self relagators looking for easy wins, but EA could do A LOT more to even the playing feeling as much as possible if they wanted to. But they don't, because of $$$.

And super casuals can play friendlies and squad battles if they want a super laid back experience. Currently rivals and WL is super sweaty and toxic and a lot of people hate it, but going the other extreme is not good as well. So that's why I say semi competitive.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    655 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They should bring the short sp mini leagues back, they were good for starting out, got coins a few packs and experience.
  • abhreebhu_45
    2021 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not every match is tough
  • RadioShaq
    16039 posts Moderator
    Ive always been one to want to nerf trading or even bring back bid tokens. I just can’t see the community accepting it as that’s half the draw or even more to playing the game.
  • EekAlaska
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite

I'm about 3 weeks in. Haven't spent a penny and I have Prime Vieira, PIM Gattuso, TOTSSF Zaha and 3 decent teams along with 250k. Doesn't take long this time of year to grind and get a few good teams.
  • mr_flibble
    740 posts Semi-Pro
    EekAlaska wrote: »

I'm about 3 weeks in. Haven't spent a penny and I have Prime Vieira, PIM Gattuso, TOTSSF Zaha and 3 decent teams along with 250k. Doesn't take long this time of year to grind and get a few good teams.

Have you found time to do anything else in those 3 weeks like eat or sleep?