Retiring from Fifa. In a NICE way!

Bonusb3rtie
189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
I love this game.

I only play Seasons and Co-op Seasons.

But I have become obsessed with winning Division 1. I have a family and a busy job and its gotten a little out of hand recently.

Usually I play around 500 games a year. Last two years I have won Division 1 ten times. The year before that I won it four times. I bought the game in 2012 so there were a lot of years.bouncing around division 1, 2 and 3 without winning anything.

I have just finished my last game there. I play as Celtic and it was vs Derby County. A 3-2 victory.

I secured my 30th League Title today and I am DONE in a nice way :)

My record stands at 511 wins, 98 draws and 159 losses. I am happy with it.

I'm not saying I am great at all. Really I just know how to defend very well and have built my game on top of that. I know there are much better players out there than me. I dont use skills. Pass, move and shoot does me fine.

So it feels good to hit that watermark and step back.

I post video of all my titles wins on you tube. I cant remember if you are allowed to post links so I wont. I get about ten views per video haha but I keep them to watch for myself later. Its the small things :)

You can search Bonusbertie's co-op shop to see the proof. Bump my view count up to 11 views, my new income awaits!

As a little silly aside, and you dont have to belive me, but I used to post here A LOT. In fact it was me who proposed this section of the forum. There was no seasons section when I joined! Sad but true. My little gift to you all. Yes it's tiny compared to all the other section but it's our wee corner.

I got banned years ago from here, i was immature and tried to wind people up who hated the game. Kinda dislike myself for that but we are what we are I guess.

Anyway, might get banned again but Im still happy I hit my wee watermark and managed to post it in the wee forum I helped to establish.

PS4 bonusbertie. Happy to play a friendly in my retirement and pass on my experience now that I will be playing just for fun now and again. Like a kickabout in the garden haha. Hit me up or don't :)

Have a great day everyone :)

Comments

• jvsptvch
    15 posts Ball Boy
    I love this game.

I only play Seasons and Co-op Seasons.

But I have become obsessed with winning Division 1. I have a family and a busy job and its gotten a little out of hand recently.

Usually I play around 500 games a year. Last two years I have won Division 1 ten times. The year before that I won it four times. I bought the game in 2012 so there were a lot of years.bouncing around division 1, 2 and 3 without winning anything.

I have just finished my last game there. I play as Celtic and it was vs Derby County. A 3-2 victory.

I secured my 30th League Title today and I am DONE in a nice way :)

My record stands at 511 wins, 98 draws and 159 losses. I am happy with it.

I'm not saying I am great at all. Really I just know how to defend very well and have built my game on top of that. I know there are much better players out there than me. I dont use skills. Pass, move and shoot does me fine.

So it feels good to hit that watermark and step back.

I post video of all my titles wins on you tube. I cant remember if you are allowed to post links so I wont. I get about ten views per video haha but I keep them to watch for myself later. Its the small things :)

You can search Bonusbertie's co-op shop to see the proof. Bump my view count up to 11 views, my new income awaits!

As a little silly aside, and you dont have to belive me, but I used to post here A LOT. In fact it was me who proposed this section of the forum. There was no seasons section when I joined! Sad but true. My little gift to you all. Yes it's tiny compared to all the other section but it's our wee corner.

I got banned years ago from here, i was immature and tried to wind people up who hated the game. Kinda dislike myself for that but we are what we are I guess.

Anyway, might get banned again but Im still happy I hit my wee watermark and managed to post it in the wee forum I helped to establish.

PS4 bonusbertie. Happy to play a friendly in my retirement and pass on my experience now that I will be playing just for fun now and again. Like a kickabout in the garden haha. Hit me up or don't :)

Have a great day everyone :)

amazing, a celtic user. If I get bored playing as liverpool, I use Jleague teams, vissel kobe, because they have iniesta and I rarely use sprint button in playing haha.

my psn is jovaniseptovich, i play from south east asia server. Hope we can play friendlies sometimes.
  • Bonusb3rtie
    189 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good to have met you Geo. A nice guy snd a wonderful player.
  • SuPeRz
    885 posts Semi-Pro
    edited June 10
    Strange little post but appreciated. I’m thinking of hanging up FIFA after this year... especially if nothing drastic changes. I’m like you in terms of life and dependencies etc. So although I’m still winning titles, I really should be using my time more wisely 😂

I may come back if there’s a new engine next gen just to experience the next possible level but I doubt I’ll ever be as committed again. Loved the franchise for what it was worth. Hate the obvious rubbish elements introduced by the developers that diminish competition. I’m a “if I’m better than you and will win 100% of the time, then so be it” kinda person. If you want to win, even by luck, 5% of the time then do it on your own with you own luck, it can happen. Not the game forcing such luck, it’s just not organic, no matter how they try to mask it as “realistic scenarios”. REALLY kills it for me.

I remember the good old days when it was just your skill vs mine... it’s what got me addicted, true competition! Been playing since 1995 so I figured 2020 was as good enough milestone as any to leave, still div1, still capable of holding my own.

Won’t do my own post about it, so thanks to this, I could just leave my little addition. 🍻Here’s to the future of the FIFA franchise!!!
  • redsfan78
    56 posts Park Captain
    I'm on 20 div 1 titles and starting to yearn for better competition... Is FUT that place?
  • YidArmy
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited June 27
    redsfan78 wrote: »
    I'm on 20 div 1 titles and starting to yearn for better competition... Is FUT that place?

@redsfan78
    Hey mate, long time. Haven't been on this section for ages as I started playing FUT! It's definitely the place to go if you want better competition, the best players in the world are there and the level is waaaaay higher than Seasons.

Its a lot more engrossing though and takes much more of your time as you're trying to build a team and buy new players etc. Plus to get good rewards you need to spend alot of time playing weekend league or doing objectives.

After lockdown I'm now back to work next week so I won't have as much time for FUT. Its kept me entertained for a few months. I'll keep playing but not as much.

Be warned though, its plays differently to Seasons and will probably frustrate you much more than Seasons. Alot of weird stuff happens on FUT. One of the biggest problems are the servers. Seasons is P2P so relies on your own connection. FUT has its own servers so you are at the mercy of them being in a good state....and they're often not! So you can have really bad delay at peak times.

Have you started yet?
    Post edited by YidArmy on
  • redsfan78
    56 posts Park Captain
    Hey, I did briefly try FUT recently, got a bit bored with all the tasks you mentioned above (buying players etc seems a bit pointless to me, like, it's supposed to be a fun game isn't it?!) ... so basically, I try to do online friendlies with the best Seasons players I bump into, that's a bit more fun than constantly playing d2 or d3 seasons players and winning like 4-0 having had 20 shots to their 3 shots...
    Haivng said that, it's funny, I usually don't expect a good opponent, so occasionally when I do come up against one first time in Seasons, I'm defending really cavalier and let in a few goals and then lose the game! Then when I challenge them to a rematch on friendly, I usually beat them because I defend patiently!