Edit Player Menu Issue

Futbol22
1939 posts Play-Off Hero
edited May 2020
FIFA 20 Edit Player only allows 1 player to be edited + saved and then it automatically reverts back to the main Edit Player menu as shown in the gif below. This makes editing players completely inefficient and time consuming.

giphy.gif

In FIFA 19,18,17... multiple players could be edited + saved within Edit Player without being sent back to the Edit Player after each save.

EA, please revert the Edit Player to the way it was prior to FIFA 20.

Comments

• Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not any issue for anyone I guess?
  • DanielA-NUFC
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I hate this! It’s so annoying
  • MrSkittles93
    240 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA had 8 months for fix this issues, and nothing happened...
  • Steph3998
    1675 posts Play-Off Hero
    This is so frustrating, I don't know why they made this
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Thanks for the support guys!

This definitely needs to be changed in FIFA 21 - surely they can revert it so we can edit multiple players instead of being kicked out to the main menu everytime
  • Kasa
    233 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, this should go back how it used to be
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Why can’t player age be edited in edit player?
  • TeamExtreme17
    5200 posts Big Money Move
    Futbol22 wrote: »

Baffles me mate, EVERYTHING shouid be editable in Edit Player!!
  • Ballsantini
    164 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree - Madden you can edit everything including contracts, player growth, age, etc.

Tbh the game has obvious design flaws that the skeptic in me makes me thinn theyre doing it intentionally.

Make editing players and restricting players more annoying and difficult so maybe folks will get annoyed and go play fut and buy packs. maybe too cynical but given the amount of terrible features, lack of investment in career league and the gameplay manipulation, hard to think theres another explanation, aside from ineptness or under staffing issues.
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    I agree - Madden you can edit everything including contracts, player growth, age, etc.

Tbh the game has obvious design flaws that the skeptic in me makes me thinn theyre doing it intentionally.

Make editing players and restricting players more annoying and difficult so maybe folks will get annoyed and go play fut and buy packs. maybe too cynical but given the amount of terrible features, lack of investment in career league and the gameplay manipulation, hard to think theres another explanation, aside from ineptness or under staffing issues.

This is the most definitive explanation of what is being done by EA to offline game modes and editable features. Year by year features are removed like in edit payer and career mode and bugs aren’t fixed or left with the intention of dissuading people from playing anything other than fut.
  • Kasa
    233 posts Sunday League Hero

Baffles me mate, EVERYTHING shouid be editable in Edit Player!!

Stupid thing is that in older fifas (and pes 20) you edit everything, so strange ea alsways removes good features
  • Lombaert
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    I cannot stand this issue, it's infuriating.
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lombaert wrote: »
    I cannot stand this issue, it's infuriating.

Glad we agree!
  • Pedders8
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Crazy that they never fixed this. The game has been neglected because of FUT.
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pedders8 wrote: »
    Crazy that they never fixed this. The game has been neglected because of FUT.

Sure is. It has to get fixed for FIFA 21 cause editing players on FIFA 20 takes forever...
  • Lombaert
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    The only excuse I can think of for EA is that they've just dumped the database into the game as it is.

Separating the leagues etc by region, clubs in order of ID not alphabetically...

Be nice if the players were in order of position then rating within that. Or have the option to toggle between position and rating first.

Hopefully this is just because the menu changed, they just dumped the database in, as it is. This will hopefully be resolved for 21.
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lombaert wrote: »
    The only excuse I can think of for EA is that they've just dumped the database into the game as it is.

Separating the leagues etc by region, clubs in order of ID not alphabetically...

Be nice if the players were in order of position then rating within that. Or have the option to toggle between position and rating first.

Hopefully this is just because the menu changed, they just dumped the database in, as it is. This will hopefully be resolved for 21.

Hope it was an error and not intentional. Hope it’s fixed in 21.
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    FIFA 20 Edit Player only allows 1 player to be edited + saved and then it automatically reverts back to the main Edit Player menu as shown in the gif below. This makes editing players completely inefficient and time consuming.

giphy.gif

In FIFA 19,18,17... multiple players could be edited + saved within Edit Player without being sent back to the Edit Player after each save.

Expecting this edit player issue to be fixed in FIFA 21. Leaving it the way it’s been in FIFA 20 would be criminal
  • TeamExtreme17

giphy.gif

Expecting this edit player issue to be fixed in FIFA 21. Leaving it the way it’s been in FIFA 20 would be criminal

Leaving it this way for Fifa 20 has been criminal!!
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero

giphy.gif

Leaving it this way for Fifa 20 has been criminal!!

I’m expecting it to be fixed in FIFA 21. All options should be editable as well: age, nationality, height, etc. This used to be possible in early fifas.
  • THCOYS
    58 posts Park Captain
    So many things are a mess with editing players it's scary:

The whole system of it reverting to the main menu and then Salzburg every time is a joke and so draining - a fix that works and makes that tedious process much quicker is to transfer players to Salzburg first and then it's only two clicks to get back to the team you're editing. It works perfectly fine for how I edit the game but it's obviously a long-winded no go if all you're wanting is to change boots or shirt numbers etc

Not being able to add positions like CF, CM, WB or wingers

The fact all secondary positions are removed as soon as you make one tiny edit to any player

Not being able to edit defensive awareness or composure, meaning you could in theory create a defender with 99 on tackling and interceptions, but he'd still be ❤️❤️❤️❤️ because his defensive awareness is capped at 60.

After you've created a player you can't change his appearance

You can only use a few accents in the player's name field when creating a player and some really common ones are missing, yet they're available to be used on kit name even though full stops and apostrophes aren't

You can't edit skill moves or international reputation, or add/remove traits

The weird order of teams and players when editing. If you do transfer all players to Salzburg, they seem to be in an order where players transferred from the same team and league are clumped together

A player's height and body type can't be edited, so players like Portu are a few inches too small

The choice of hairstyles is quite weird and none of the beards really show up that dark. There's no texture to them

Sure there's plenty more too, but it's all just a bit odd an half-arsed as usual from EA
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hopefully EA have fixed the edit menu bug in FIFA 21
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA the Edit Player menu issue needs to be addressed in FIFA 21.

FIFA 21 cannot have this issue!
  • Futbol22
    1939 posts Play-Off Hero
    Not fixing the edit player issue in FIFA 21 will be a disgrace
  • TeamExtreme17
    edited August 2020
    Not fixing the edit player issue in FIFA 21 will be a disgrace

Agreed. Quite a few things from Fifa 17, Fifa 18, Fifa 19 and Fifa 20 still not fixed in the Fifa 21 Beta either, even with an 8.4GB Title Update..

Im still not getting many offers, if at all, for players i place on Loan, loans always fall through still and i STILL get transfer offers for my players the DAY after the Transfer Window closes.. Makes no sense!!

If only the devs actually played the game they make 🤦🏻‍♂️