TOTS Salah is not very good UPDATE: He is!

Clancy
8484 posts League Winner
edited May 2020
Curious if it's just me with this feeling. Got him untradeable on Saturday so used him for half of WL. He wasn't impressing me then, but I figured it's hard to shine in close WL matches

But now I've given him a run out in rivals, and even in easy matches that I win by 3 or 4 goals he's just not an amazing attacker. I play a 442, and have tried him LM, RM and striker. He's good on the wing, but not better than bday Costa/lozano who are my other wingers. Doesn't feel super nimble on the ball, can't wriggle out of tight tackles like bday Costa, and he feels light as a feather when tackled. At striker his shooting traits don't seem to help him like they do for other strikers. He's not fast to get a shot off. I'm suspicious that his body type is not suited for this game.

Let me know if you've felt the same, or if he's good for you
Post edited by Clancy on

Comments

• Supermario911
    2160 posts Fans' Favourite
    Faced him earlier in Rivals, so predictable as opponent just tried to get him on his left peg

You should be happy for getting him untradeable though lol,
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Faced him earlier in Rivals, so predictable as opponent just tried to get him on his left peg

I was well pleased, especially since it was from an electrum pack

But tbh he hasn't raised my game at all. Feels like a worse striker than my other options, and isn't a noticeable improvement on bday Costa at LM
  • WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Looks like top drawer sbc fodder 😛

Surprised tbh, would have thought he would be a great player, just one who’s weak foot let’s him down at times.
  • Bobo23
    3085 posts National Call-Up
    I've never really got on with Salah on FIFA, he always feels so slow for his stats, he always feels clunky and his shooting isn't the most reliable.

I've not tried the TOTS, but every version I've tried, he's never felt any different imo.
  • PaulDr
    2132 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do you remember last year, so many of us ended up with him in our red picks. He has never been a great card, ea have done a dirty on him
  • juliuscaesar8
    1497 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    I've never really got on with Salah on FIFA, he always feels so slow for his stats, he always feels clunky and his shooting isn't the most reliable.

I've not tried the TOTS, but every version I've tried, he's never felt any different imo.

No matter what his pace and agility say, he does seem slow.
  • passpassshootpost
    1327 posts Professional
    He’s great. Don’t be scared to shoot with the right finishes most for me in the box.
  • JohnDoe
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    PaulDr wrote: »
    Do you remember last year, so many of us ended up with him in our red picks. He has never been a great card, ea have done a dirty on him

Funny that I actually quite liked his TOTS last year. I would’ve never considered buying it but I also got him in my picks and he was actually great for me. Very strong, very fast, fantastic dribbling and passing and shooting was flawless on his left (and not too bad on his right).
  • starfox1284
    3182 posts National Call-Up
    I've used both Adama and Salah, I felt like Adama was the better player of the two.
  • Lockett45
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Outperforming TOTS Mane (used TOTY for 500 and now TOTS) for me at the moment, feels rapid and has finished everything. Expected him to not be as good as he is, definitely needs to be a forward though would be wasted in 442 or 4231 on the sides
  • URBirdman
    1494 posts Play-Off Hero
    Clancy wrote: »

I was well pleased, especially since it was from an electrum pack

But tbh he hasn't raised my game at all. Feels like a worse striker than my other options, and isn't a noticeable improvement on bday Costa at LM

That's because bday Costa is too good...
  • Jamiecpfc
    221 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bobo23 wrote: »

I have his 92 st card at he has 373 goals in 313 games for me all on weekend league and rivals. Fastest player I have and defiantly faster that tots Zaha who does feel slow.
  • Fccheek
    828 posts Semi-Pro
    Tried him this weekend and replaced his nif card. Honestly felt no difference from the nif. Picked up tots son afterwards and he has been amazing out wide for
    Me
  • Vezzo
    1388 posts Play-Off Hero
    Last time he was great for me was when he was in roma and got african nations card or something. It was orange I think.
  • Rolls-reus96
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    none of the tots cards really impressed me. so far i've used Son, Rashford and Richarlison and they all are just clunky and super mediocre. Salah will probs be just the same
  • ha032742
    40650 posts Moderator
    none of the tots cards really impressed me. so far i've used Son, Rashford and Richarlison and they all are just clunky and super mediocre. Salah will probs be just the same

Pretty much what I have felt.

Some of the Birthday cards outperform most of these TOTS still.
  • OZero
    7386 posts League Winner
    ha032742 wrote: »

Bday ASM better than all of them.
  • Swanz05
    4281 posts National Call-Up
    Only one I've liked has been Phillips but haven't tried Gomez
  • EekAlaska
    2415 posts Fans' Favourite

That TOTS last year was so poor
  • Triplee123
    628 posts Semi-Pro
    I got him in a draft the other day, he probably scored around 20 goals no joke in the four games... so I bought him 💁🏻 2 goals in 7 games with 4 assists . The chap wouldn’t finish his dinner
  • PaulDr
    2132 posts Fans' Favourite
    JohnDoe wrote: »

Funny that I actually quite liked his TOTS last year. I would’ve never considered buying it but I also got him in my picks and he was actually great for me. Very strong, very fast, fantastic dribbling and passing and shooting was flawless on his left (and not too bad on his right).

He always played better for me on 7 chem on the right for some reason.
  • Rolls-reus96
    1787 posts Play-Off Hero
    ha032742 wrote: »

Hazard, ASM, Di Maria and Douglas Costa are all better than any tots i've tried. Simon was a fun card tho, he is good
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to Mo, and take back most of what I said. This card IS very good

Got used to his dribbling and shooting, played in good conditions and bad, and he's a very good striker. Often the measure of a really good attacker is if they score in the games you lose, and Salah can get me a goal against really good opponents. He can score from a lot of positions with the shooting traits and stats, can get that one crucial goal in a really tight game against top defending players
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    He’s great. Don’t be scared to shoot with the right finishes most for me in the box.

I started only caring about if it was his left for long shooting, you're right that inside the box he finishes well with both