new players just play well for 7 games

Hamuniz
11 posts Ball Boy
does this eve happened to you, buy a player and 7 games from his debut he's a promising player for your club, after that he starts to lower his level.

Comments

• Kbir
    18 posts Ball Boy
    I tend to find players don't find their feet for the 1st few games. Especially if it is a Loan player!
  • Hamuniz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    might be on loan players yeah but it's like im saving for a good player, i buy it.....and after a few games it's time to sell
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    Maybe it just takes 7 games to tell if a player is actually good, and most aren't so you wind up selling them

I know for expensive players the first few games I'm really trying to convince myself they're great and I haven't wasted coins. But after 10 games or so you can really see their mistakes or they shine
  • Hamuniz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    sometimes does really happen yeah you got a point, some of em' are like that.....but sometimes it goes from a scoring machine to a ball boy
  • tommyboyo
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    Takes me a while to integrate new players, especially attackers.

Main reasons:

1) Probably expect too much.

2) Force the ball to them a bit trying to make them do something. Just have to let it flow normally.
  • mypetfrog
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited May 5
    I'm not sure if it's just expectations change or some genuine reducing performance. Had PIM Sanchez, was scoring hattricks in his first few games, then braces. and after things settled had a good 1.5GPG ratio.

Of late he's dropped to one goal every other game and seemed sluggish whereas other players took charge.

Now it's probably "me" and perhaps he just settled and I stopped forcing him into play, or my expectations changing but there has been a definite drop off in performance in front of goal.
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Yes so switch team completely after 7 matches and you'll win everything
  • Hamuniz
    11 posts Ball Boy
    that's what i'm tlking about
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Hamuniz wrote: »
    that's what i'm tlking about

I reach elite 2 weekly by doing this
  • Koning Spijker
    2243 posts Fans' Favourite
    It will be a strange phenomenon all year long. I have CR7 from my very first pack. He's the player that has the biggest wave performance whise. But same goes for POTM Messi and POTM Neymar.
    I recently packed TOTS Mahrez and this boy outshines everyone.
    I think the main point is; if you buy a player or do player sbc, it's harder to be convinced that he's really good.
    My untradable packed

TOTS Mahrez
    TOTS Henderson (LFC)
    SS Rashica
    BD Da Costa
    TOTY Kante
    CR7

They all perform way above their expectations, but of course not every game.

My player SBCs

Messi
    Neymar
    POTM Ben Yedder
    PM Ramos
    PM Sandro
    FB Hummels
    BD Rodrigo
    RTTF Konate
    FB Quaresma

I sub them off at have time if they don't perform really good

Only player sbc that never let me down is FB Miranda
  • tommyboyo
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    It will be a strange phenomenon all year long. I have CR7 from my very first pack. He's the player that has the biggest wave performance whise. But same goes for POTM Messi and POTM Neymar.
    I recently packed TOTS Mahrez and this boy outshines everyone.
    I think the main point is; if you buy a player or do player sbc, it's harder to be convinced that he's really good.
    My untradable packed

TOTS Mahrez
    TOTS Henderson (LFC)
    SS Rashica
    BD Da Costa
    TOTY Kante
    CR7

They all perform way above their expectations, but of course not every game.

My player SBCs

Messi
    Neymar
    POTM Ben Yedder
    PM Ramos
    PM Sandro
    FB Hummels
    BD Rodrigo
    RTTF Konate
    FB Quaresma

I sub them off at have time if they don't perform really good

Only player sbc that never let me down is FB Miranda

That Miranda is amazing.

I was so surprised. Him and FB Luiz partnership is immense.
  • DannySTFC
    4372 posts National Call-Up
    Some players are like this, there’s a honeymoon period where you may force the ball to whatever new player you have and try to score with them more for example. But the true quality cards will always be good and not just for 7 games.