Rivals

t14migit
115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Not complaining, just curious, but outside of objectives what do you play rivals for? I’m doing crap objectives coming up against god squad after god squad and I’m generally curious to see why anyone plays rivals outside of these objectives?

Comments

• Chapman
    440 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Honesty no clue either. I was using a first owner bundes squad pretty average coming up against a god squad shushhing me after the first goal. Dunno why they are playing it especially when they have clearly dropped divisions too haha
  • Mike1234
    47 posts Park Captain
    How else would you play against other people's teams online? Squad battles are boring and to long, they're not as good as testing your self against other players. Which brings us onto the problem, the rivals format is all wrong, it's geared to the best players and those who spend 100s on points. The players at the top dropping right down to the start are frustrating to play against. I would say I'm probably a division 7 player based on other FIFA's but this year I am stuck at 9, bounced between players who should be a lot higher and players that should be lower, I can't remember to many close games with people at a similar level. It's either a massive victory or embarrassing defeat. It's not even like EA can change anything to improve match making except next edition change the reward format to make it less appealing to be a douche and drop yourself to the bottom. In short were stuck with this. And if you are a player that should be in the top and drop down so you can smash through the rewards at least do the decent thing and not be a douche no need to celebrate every goal like you've just won the champions League. Skip the cutaways etc. Or better yet stick to your own level, give the lesser players like my self a fair game.
  • t14migit
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mike1234 wrote: »
    How else would you play against other people's teams online? Squad battles are boring and to long, they're not as good as testing your self against other players. Which brings us onto the problem, the rivals format is all wrong, it's geared to the best players and those who spend 100s on points. The players at the top dropping right down to the start are frustrating to play against. I would say I'm probably a division 7 player based on other FIFA's but this year I am stuck at 9, bounced between players who should be a lot higher and players that should be lower, I can't remember to many close games with people at a similar level. It's either a massive victory or embarrassing defeat. It's not even like EA can change anything to improve match making except next edition change the reward format to make it less appealing to be a douche and drop yourself to the bottom. In short were stuck with this. And if you are a player that should be in the top and drop down so you can smash through the rewards at least do the decent thing and not be a douche no need to celebrate every goal like you've just won the champions League. Skip the cutaways etc. Or better yet stick to your own level, give the lesser players like my self a fair game.

I’m a division 2/1 player, I don’t deliberately drop ranks but when I do objectives I always drop to div 3/4 then have to make my way back up after, I agree it’s wrong to deliberately drop divisions and also it is actually against TOS but EA and their infinite wisdom don’t actually do anything to those who do drop down deliberately including those who ho stream and show it such as Bateson. No hate toward him as it’s not his fault may I clarify but technically he is breaking the TOS
  • Dazzler
    2039 posts Fans' Favourite
    t14migit wrote: »
    Mike1234 wrote: »

I’m a division 2/1 player, I don’t deliberately drop ranks but when I do objectives I always drop to div 3/4 then have to make my way back up after, I agree it’s wrong to deliberately drop divisions and also it is actually against TOS but EA and their infinite wisdom don’t actually do anything to those who do drop down deliberately including those who ho stream and show it such as Bateson. No hate toward him as it’s not his fault may I clarify but technically he is breaking the TOS

Agree with the above, however I do have hate for anyone that cheats the system including people who deliberately drop divisions.

I have disgust for EA not sorting out a better system.