How do you make Career Mode realistic?

FIFA Fanatic
48 posts Park Captain
I use many methods to make it realistic, I really want to hear what restrictions and rules other people use.

Comments

• DanielA-NUFC
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I always try and get realistic transfers. I do try and then get some better ones that do push that realistic vibe but that’s when I start to qualify for Europe competitions as you would attract better players but never too ridiculous
  • FIFA Fanatic
    48 posts Park Captain
    That's always a good one, I also keep the original players who are first team quality who haven't hit their potential (usually 7 or 8 players to stay in the first team). I hate seeing pictures where people just have the World XI in their second season as Rochdale.
  • DanielA-NUFC
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Agreed I hate that too like I only got on 80 overall player for my thun team as it was accidental haha aliexy miranchuk seen he was going on a free at end of the season so got him and he was an 84 haha but that season before that I got to last 16 of europa league.
  • Steffolovitch
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    It depends on which approach I'd have made for that particular save, I guess. I usually have some kind of an idea or a "story" in mind, when I start out. It could be Spurs signing players from Ajax, which they have done in the past (Alderweireld, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Sánchez etc.), or it could be Middlesbrough signing players, who were relegated with Sunderland (McNair, Ashley Fletcher), perhaps bringing in Honeyman and others too, building a team up that way. So my approach will pretty much be set out from the start.

But yeah, I try to avoid ridiculously overpowered transfers too. I also try to mind my wage budget. If my highest paid player gets around £30K, I won't target players, who cannot be negotiated down to a wage around £30K, and maximum £40K, if he is going to be a star in the team.

And when I come to a point, where my club has exceeded its potential, let's say Rochdale playing in the Premier League, then I'd possibly move to another club and start over, perhaps targeting one or two players from the old club.

And finally, it's quite easy to reject offers for your best players. But even though it's painful to lose your top goal scorer, it's quite realistic that he would want to join Arsenal or Liverpool for instance, and then you would have to adapt to it while finding a fitting replacement.
  • Play manual controls (controller settings) and use realistic sliders (game settings), only this will change FIFA beyond recognition.
  • Vincemuus
    4 posts Ball Boy
    Not even slider customisation can make the gameplay near real life . The sliders just increase or reduce the ridiculousness of the gameplay.
  • Vincemuus wrote: »
    Not even slider customisation can make the gameplay near real life . The sliders just increase or reduce the ridiculousness of the gameplay.

It makes gameplay more balanced and realistic to real life stats. Check OS sliders they work best for me.
  • TeamExtreme17
    3194 posts National Call-Up
    By playing Football Manager....
  • Tooks1
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Buy not playing Fifa and playing FM or PES.... CM is dead and it's very obvious why....