Icons need calibrated for 21

Baddest_cubza_1
3305 posts National Call-Up
9-CCB8-D12-F857-49-F0-BD16-FB07-BE1-D44-A4.png[\img]A7566146-A9-B0-40-B1-B0-C5-C3-BCF25-BD01-D.png[\img]

Comments

• Baddest_cubza_1
    Look at some of the goals this guy scored, left foot, right foot and head he could do it all

• Baddest_cubza_1
    3* weak foot in the game across all versions, just shows that ea do not understand these players
  • MelkorAintGood
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    They do need. Prime Zidane should be 94 at max, Prime Basten is to 95, Prime Cruyff is to 96.
  • Diggy
    15140 posts World Class
    When Inzaghi first joined the Italian national team his team mates were surprised how little technical skills he had

That says it all
  • Chavez76
    8922 posts League Winner
    comparing face stats makes no sense at all. your bronze had 26 points more in defense... Inzagi couldnt defend to save his life so yeah ..
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Diggy wrote: »
    When Inzaghi first joined the Italian national team his team mates were surprised how little technical skills he had

That says it all

This.

The fact that a bronze player has more stats than him isn't really that shocking. It's not far fetched that a lower league player might be faster, a better defender and stronger physically than a striker who's main attributes by far were getting into good positions and finishing.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    Diggy wrote: »

That says it all

Not entirely sure of your source for that but all that highlights to me is your lack of understanding when it comes to football. He’s arguable one of the greatest goal scorers in the modern era and there is a bronze card with more stats than him. This thread isn’t all about inzaghi, I’m merely using him as an example, 98% of all baby icons are useless and their cards are far from accurate
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    It's all pretty useless to give icons less then 75 stamina, what's the point in that?
  • Bobo23
    3178 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2020
    Inzaghi is still a better striker than that bronze in-game though. Players don't need crazy all round stats, inzaghi was just a finisher pure and simple. Just a world class one at that!

Inzaghi wasn't the quickest or technically the best, but in front of goal he could finish anything. As long as his finishing stats are high, that's all that counts.
  • Boommaametw3
    3733 posts National Call-Up
    They do need. Prime Zidane should be 94 at max, Prime Basten is to 95, Prime Cruyff is to 96.
    What? Zidane is fine 96 rated. Only problem is his shooting is too high. Dude won 3 balon dor, have some respect
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    Stamina is another factor too. In general when it comes to icons, there are just too many of them who aren’t even usable, I think one or two versions would be better. Prime and pim
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    Inzaghi is still a better striker than that bronze in-game though. Players don't need crazy all round stats, inzaghi was just a finisher pure and simple. Just a world class one at that!

Inzaghi wasn't the quickest or technically the best, but in front of goal he could finish anything. As long as his finishing stats are high, that's all that counts.

I think he was better than his card suggests and as for that weak foot, just a downright lie lol
  • Chavez76
    8922 posts League Winner
    What? Zidane is fine 96 rated. Only problem is his shooting is too high. Dude won 3 balon dor, have some respect

Debatale, but I dont feel Zidane should be higher rated than Cruyff and Henry for instance.
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional

I think he was better than his card suggests and as for that weak foot, just a downright lie lol

Of course he was better than his 85 card suggests. Thats why he also has an 87 and 90 rated card
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    ILevis wrote: »

Of course he was better than his 85 card suggests. Thats why he also has an 87 and 90 rated card

I meant across all cards. And my point is that as a general rule of thumb there are too many useless icon cards
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    I’d rather two accurate versions of each icon. Cards that were produced by people who watch football, people who have seen these players play and understand the game. These icons are useless and yet there’s people on here and throughout the game who can’t even pack one to save themselves
  • Boommaametw3
    3733 posts National Call-Up
    Chavez76 wrote: »

Debatale, but I dont feel Zidane should be higher rated than Cruyff and Henry for instance.

Cruyff should be up to at least 96 or 97 but Zidane definitely needs to be higher than Henry,Ronaldinho etc. 3 balon dors, could have got a 4th if he didn't headbutt Matterrazi.
    Won everything else
  • Ballist1x
    3904 posts National Call-Up
    Inzaghi the player Ben Yedder wishes he was.

Swap their cards in game for real.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    Even big ruud gullits baby card, just remove that, what is the point in it. People actually grinded tokens for that
  • Amargaladaster26
    10461 posts Has That Special Something
    I would say the only thing that is wrong about this card (especially since Base is for later stages of his career) is WF. The rest is quite good, he is still a clinical finisher in the game. Face card stats are atrocious, but not everything, he is still a better striker than 95-97% of the gold ones. Hell, I was banging them in with his FIFA12 card regularly and he looked bad on paper, but had 90+ Finishing, Reactions and Positioning:

8df1e1f3c02d04262b4343b3efdbc22f.png

Sure, prime or PIM should be way faster, but rest is quite good. He was never a perfect dribbler or strong tough guy, but he definitely had pace and that is what made him so dangerous together with his instrincts. What I am really missing, bar 4/5*WF, is traits on him. Finesse Shot, Power Header, Outside Foot Shot and then Chip Shot from CPU ones should definitely be on him, that was his bread and butter, different kinds of finishing inside the box.

I still love his cards in this game though and love the guy even more, definitely my most favourite player ever.
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    I think the argument could be made to strip back the various versions of each icon and just have the one.

I do agree that their stats and effectiveness needs to be looked at though. Franco Baresi is one of the best defenders of the last 40 years and yet, nif Davinson Sanchez is more effective in game. This is madness.
  • Amargaladaster26
    Oh and I am still hoping I will see prime/PIM Maldini card on LB with 5* WF and good dribbling. Maybe once.
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    @Amargaladaster26 you’re right, his weak foot is a joke and it’s just laziness on ea’s part
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I think the argument could be made to strip back the various versions of each icon and just have the one.

I do agree that their stats and effectiveness needs to be looked at though. Franco Baresi is one of the best defenders of the last 40 years and yet, nif Davinson Sanchez is more effective in game. This is madness.

Correct, they’re inaccurate so just remove them
  • Amargaladaster26
    I think the bigger problem is that certain stats feel less important than others.

You feel +15 difference in sprint speed way more than +15 in positioning and vision and it shouldn’t be like that.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Inzagi is brilliant in PES, so is every Legend. The fact that so many legends are useless in Fifa tells you everything. What would happen if every Legend felt unique, were good in game? The high-tier meta icons wouldn't be as desirable. Having only a select number of players meta in game means a more expensive market for top tier players. It's just another way of EA maximising microtransaction sales.
  • Ben
    5444 posts Big Money Move
    The whole multiple version of legends is a scam in and of itself to fleece people out of more money. There should only be one version of each legend , and none should have under 90 stamina .
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14854 posts World Class
    Inzaghi played during a time where, if all you could do was finish exceptionally, it didn't matter.

Footballers today are and have/expected to have more to their game
  • Baddest_cubza_1
    Ben wrote: »
    The whole multiple version of legends is a scam in and of itself to fleece people out of more money. There should only be one version of each legend , and none should have under 90 stamina .

Yeah it’s to entice people to buy packs and yet 100’s of people have never even packed one.

Icons are stale now, with the exception of the god tier ones. Ea need to rethink this ahead of next year, we don’t even need more icons, we just need the current ones to be accurate because in my opinion they’re not