Playing FIFA bricks my entire internet connection

ILevis
1331 posts Professional
My problem is basically in the title.

Since today, whenever im playing FIFA, after roughly 15 minutes my entire internet crashes. Not just a short disconnect, but a legit full router meltdown. Every device gets disconnected and the internet takes 5-10 minutes to start working again.

This happens only when im using my ps4. I can play games on my pc just fine and never have any internet problems.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

Or maybe an idea what could cause the issue and how to solve it? My ISP is useless and isnt answering my calls

Comments

• sparky123
    399 posts Sunday League Hero
    If your with Virgin, it’s down over a lot of the UK
  • Retro_G
    33020 posts National Team Captain
    sparky123 wrote: »

This, mine keeps going down too.
  • Yeah virgin is playing up big time
  • sparky123
    Retro_G wrote: »

Virgin seems to be having loads of problems recently
  • Retro_G

They're a joke
  • ILevis
    1331 posts Professional
    Im in Germany, with Vodafone to be precise.

Whats makes me think something weird is going on is that my internet works absolutely flawless otherwise, its literally only going down 15 minutes after i start FIFA.

Played FIFA at 2PM, internet went down twice in a 30 minutes span. Works like a charm the rest of the day. Now i start playing FIFA again and it keeps crashing again.

Whats also interesting: The crashes always happened when a game was paused. I am playing for the Laporte objective atm and keep swapping my PL fullbacks on the wing. As soon as i have the cross/though ball i switch them back. And every time when im in the pause menu to do that it crashes. Out of 5 crashes so far, none have been during normal gameplay. All while the game was paused
  • sparky123

They're a joke

Worst provider if been with, I’m having to hotspot off my mobile and the connection is better than Virgin when they decide to work
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    ILevis wrote: »
    My problem is basically in the title.

Since today, whenever im playing FIFA, after roughly 15 minutes my entire internet crashes. Not just a short disconnect, but a legit full router meltdown. Every device gets disconnected and the internet takes 5-10 minutes to start working again.

This happens only when im using my ps4. I can play games on my pc just fine and never have any internet problems.

Has anybody had a similar problem?

Or maybe an idea what could cause the issue and how to solve it? My ISP is useless and isnt answering my calls

You can try to assign higher priority to the console in your router settings. Otherwise try to reset the router, and assign primary DNS to 1.1.1.1.
  • Retro_G

They're a joke

Worst provider if been with, I’m having to hotspot off my mobile and the connection is better than Virgin when they decide to work

That's just the netcode on Fifa mate, game plays better on a Mobile Hotspot. Any other game, the connection would be awful.